• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Calamari41

41 > 38
You now have this to look forward to:

students.png

I have this dream all the time, with the addition of not being able to find what room the class is in and thus showing up late, with the professor asking who I am in front of everyone because I've never showed up before.

I used to have that exact dream.

I used to dream I enrolled in a class and forgot to attend and freak out when I remembered I had that class. It would feel so real but then I'd wake up and I would still think if I really forgot a class.

fallout

I have this dream all the time, with the addition of not being able to find what room the class is in and thus showing up late, with the professor asking who I am in front of everyone because I've never showed up before.
I actually have this dream more often when I'm in school. It's not a good feeling to wake up to, to say the least.

I used to dream I enrolled in a class and forgot to attend and freak out when I remembered I had that class. It would feel so real but then I'd wake up and I would still think if I really forgot a class.
I'm 32 and have been out of school for nearly a decade. I still have it once or twice a year.

I'm 32 and have been out of school for nearly a decade. I still have it once or twice a year.

I'm right there with you (I'm 33). It's weird too, it would be for a class that I wouldn't necessarily be taking for any of my interests. I haven't been to school for exactly a decade.

Anyone else here going to get the new Starfox?

kingslunk

I've had this exact dream. 100% the same. It's the worst.

I've had this dream several times as well. I'd show up to a class near the end of the semester to try and soak in as much a possible before the final but everybody in the class is looking at me weird and the course material literally seems like a different language.

Pikma

Banned
Niemi will get the start tonight, fuck yes

Pikma do you get a lot of weird looks for watching hockey in Spain cause it's a pretty dominant soccer world there is it not?
Yeah, for them there's no other sport, it's pretty fucking nuts.
Where do they even come from? Are they shipping them in all the way from Mexico? The avocados here suck right now too because all we have this time of year is the inferior Mexican 'cados. Can't wait for the California season to get into swing. We need to Make Avocados Great Again.
Nah, even mexican avocados are better than the shit these guys produce, they're really really bad (and hard to find because not all the supermarkets carry them)
Didn't know you're in Spain! Looking to head there this summer.

Is it a good time to visit Espana? What part of the country are you in?

Know any haciendas with good sheets?
España is really awesome all the time of the year, it's more of a 'how much are you willing to deal with the heat' kind of thing. Andalucia, for example, is one of the most beautiful regions and is full of shit to do and see, but it's really damn hot during the summer, we're talking about 115-120 degrees. But you live in Arizona so maybe that's not much of a problem for you.

Oh and I live in Elche, Alicante. It's a nice little place, pretty close to Valencia.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Posted yet?

The Chicago Blackhawks and Andrew Shaw have released the following statements:

Andrew Shaw

“I am sincerely sorry for the insensitive remarks that I made last night while in the penalty box. When I got home and saw the video, it was evident that what I did was wrong, no matter the circumstances. I apologize to many people, including the gay and lesbian community, the Chicago Blackhawks organization, Blackhawks fans and anyone else I may have offended. I know my words were hurtful and I will learn from my mistake."

Chicago Blackhawks

“We are extremely disappointed in Andrew Shaw's actions last night. His comments do not reflect what we stand for as an organization. We are proud to have an inclusive and respectful environment, and to support various initiatives such as the You Can Play Project and the Chicago Gay Hockey Association. We will use this opportunity to further educate our players and organization moving forward, so that we all may learn from it."

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=879647

We run a two goalie system in Dallas.

There is no #1. Just two goalies who swap when the other one loses.

oh I see, that's how we roll in Anaheim as well. I think the split between our two goalies is 38 and 37 games. The others were started by Khudobin (lol). Win and you're in. Near the end we were alternating two games for each goalie.

PillarEN

The Polygon "review" is hilarious. Arthur Gies is such a prick.

This is likely the most truthful statement in this entire thread. I haven't read his review yet and I have no doubt he comes off like a smug asshole in it.

EDIT: Holy shit he pulled a Justin McElroy (another Polygon expert) and straight up refused to play the game. Polygon always doing the best they can to come off like idiots.

calder

I never have those anxiety dreams about school. I always dream a variation of going to a job interview and arriving very early, but it's in a huge building and elevators are broken / doors are locked / I get lost in a tunnel etc and then I realize I'm already *hours* late but I still need to find the office so I can explain what happened and hope for mercy. It's all related to an interview I went to 10 years ago in an office that was extremely hard to find as it was part of a huge hospital/university complex.

The nice thing is I'm always so relieved when I wake up, I kinda like those dreams.

calder

One game suspension and fine for Shaw? Better than I had hoped tbh. Mainly I'm pleased the League did something more or less right away instead of trying to wait it out.

It frankly probably helps that Shaw and the Blackhawks didn't fuck around and ignore the issue (or privately protest and delay, which teams almost always do), so good on them I guess.

CggyXsCXIAAAJfu.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm right there with you (I'm 33). It's weird too, it would be for a class that I wouldn't necessarily be taking for any of my interests. I haven't been to school for exactly a decade.

Anyone else here going to get the new Starfox?

Have had it preordered since last year(only was us poor Canadians can save any money buying games). Latest trailer made it look really fun at least. If it's Star Fox 64-2, I would be perfectly fine with that.

Brashnir

One game suspension and fine for Shaw? Better than I had hoped tbh. Mainly I'm pleased the League did something more or less right away instead of trying to wait it out.

It frankly probably helps that Shaw and the Blackhawks didn't fuck around and ignore the issue (or privately protest and delay, which teams almost always do), so good on them I guess.

CggyXsCXIAAAJfu.jpg

Swinging a stick at another person's face is a-ok, so long as you don't use any slurs while doing it.

CggyXsCXIAAAJfu.jpg

Refs union probably a big part too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously a terrible play but it looks way more blatant in the gif because of selective slow motion before and after the swing but normal speed in between.

Kind of but not really surprised he got off easy. Penguins get away with damn near everything.

I don't want to blow your mind or anything, but there's nothing selective about the slow motion in that gif.

Meanwhile, the Rangers have finally summoned the taxi squad. They are Mat Bodie, Chris Brown, Ryan Graves, Nicklas Jensen, Jayson Megna, Daniel Paille, and Chris Summers.

Clydefrog

No more 1st minute goals allowed again please.

Fucking shit, it's like 1st minute soccer goals or something.

Crossing my fingers that the Kings ride this series out and the Sharks will inevitably do what they're good at (choke)

Doughty will probably play 30 mins or so. I want to see how much he eats in a meal.

Line_HTX

Crossing my fingers that the Kings ride this series out and the Sharks will inevitably do what they're good at (choke)

Doughty will probably play 30 mins or so. I want to see how much he eats in a meal.

I was losing it seconds before regulation ended because Doughty gave it away and it was that close to being 3-0.

Top Bottom