• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Marvie_3

Banned
That was just endlessly mean spirited Marvin, mocking me for having a shitty team is like mocking a short person for being short - it's out of my control! Despite my best tweets I can't seem to get Maurice fired; I'm at my wits end here.

Now you can soften the blow of your cruelty by admitting you can't possibly resign Darling and it's time for him to spread his wings and fly... about 800 miles north, ideally. He can be a 1A and we'll give him a few mill a year and treat him great.
No. Crawford for Laine is my offer.

Join PensGaf and I will mail you a Sidney Crosby biography book and a penguins scarf!!
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Solo

It's over boys, only way it's not is if Lundqvist shits the bed.

It wasn't a good run while it lasted.

Conversely Price could be Jesus Price, which he hasn't been yet this series. Hard to say it when dude's SV % is .936, but he could be better.

dankir

I'm worried if we don't go deep into the playoffs this year, how much longer the current Habs roster will stay intact.

Man I can't believe its been 24 years since the last time we won the cup :'(

Weevilone

It looks like Stastny will center the Tarasenko / Schwartz line tomorrow. Will be good to have Stastny back, so hopefully he can shake off the rust. Most think he was out with a broken foot from being hit by the puck. He was better on the faceoff dot this year than anyone on either roster minus Hanzal, so good boost there. Blues could really use help in that area.

Lehtera will also likely be in for Sanford tomorrow, looking to shake things up. Ivan Barbashev (rookie) had been centering the top line, so not a situation where you get the trickle down on each line when Stastny comes in.

Schwartz - Stastny - Tarasenko
Steen - Berglund - Perron
Sobotka - Lehtera - Paajarvi
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

Steen hasn't been skating aside from game day for a while, rumors about him playing in a great deal of pain.

Yawnier

Banned

He was last on the show on Tuesday and he hasn't been on since (he went on a big rant that day if you want to listen to it), admittedly I don't listen to leafs lunch much anymore but from what I've heard and seen this season POS has been acting hostile and been an asshat towards Andi, other guests and the audience fairly frequently. He also doesn't have the charisma or voice for radio and he sometimes discredits people's opinions and statements if they didn't play in the NHL and does the same to people who bring up stats related to hockey. It has just made the show really uncomfortable and awkward this season.

yyzjohn

Banned
He was last on the show on Tuesday and he hasn't been on since (he went on a big rant that day if you want to listen to it), admittedly I don't listen to leafs lunch much anymore but from what I've heard and seen this season POS has been acting hostile and been an asshat towards Andi, other guests and the audience fairly frequently. He also doesn't have the charisma or voice for radio and he sometimes discredits people's opinions and statements if they didn't play in the NHL and does the same to people who bring up stats related to hockey. It has just made the show really uncomfortable and awkward this season.

I have barely listened to Leafs Lunch but I did the other day cause this annoying prick on Twitter was DM'ing me complaining about POS so I listened. Yeah he seemed confrontational with Andi...told her if she was gonna be a "fan boy" all show they wouldn't be able to do a show. Also told listeners if they didn't like what he had to say then don't bother tuning in. Andi had to quickly say "oh we want people to still tune in". So yeah, if I had to listen to that shmuck everyday I wouldn't bother.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Both the canucks and the hawks lost their last 8 games of the season and all games in April

I feel a bit better now

Listened. It wasn't so much a rant as much as he seemed quite angry at times with Petrillo for ... being happy about the Leafs?

At one point she mentions that Matthews said his baseball skills came into play on a goal (quoting Matthews verbatim), and O'Sullivan angrily responds that if she is going to be a fan boy, they can't do this show anymore.

The weirdest aspect, imo, was that he'd go from agreeing with her or being friendly in disagreement, to flat out angry antagonism in the blink of an eye.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Pekka Rinne is the first goalie ever to tie any opposing players max points in a playoff series with 2 points in a best of 7 series. He is the second goalie to tie in points in a series with Jean-Sebastien Gigiere in 2003 (1 point)"

Socreges

Banned
I actually don't mind Hughson at all. Romanuk is the one who needs to be blasted into the sun
I actually trust that reasonable Leafs fans, at worst, "don't mind" Hughson. I know a few myself that believe like I do that Hughson deserves his position as the main PBP guy. There are limited few here that have this bizarre hate-filled hard-on for him.

Foggy

Now hold on a second. Leafs fans and teenage boys?

giphy.gif

SMH all of you are saying that cuz you never read Sidney Crosby's biography book
I got a couple of his rookie year books, hardcover, in a secure location, when he retires, the value will skyrocket, and i will buy a couple of McMansions and laugh at all of you!

Top Bottom