• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Calamari41

41 > 38
So the high stick shouldn't of been a penalty and have the play stopped?

or is that not what you meant by high stick?

lol

oh the irony

No, I was pointing out that it's easier to get an odd man rush going when an opposing player goes down from something like a high stick. I never said anything about a penalty being called.

Because the team I am rooting for is playing like shit and I can see the life drain out of their eyes. Hopefully they bring the energy back for the third period

Ah so you're a Ducks fan then? I got good news for you then. They'll probably win game 6 if the pattern for this series is any indication.

Ashhong

Ah so you're a Ducks fan then? I got good news for you then. They'll probably win game 6 if the pattern for this series is any indication.

I'm not a huge hockey fan but I live like 5 miles from the Honda Center and have gone to a few games. It's hard to not get caught up in the playoff frenzy. Even if there's plenty of time and games left, my heart can't handle this kind of stress! I think I almost died during last year's NBA playoffs (was rooting for cavs)

Calamari41

41 > 38
Unless the oilers pull what they pulled with the sharks and win another one after this game.

In that case it's more likely than not that we will fail to advance.

I'm not a huge hockey fan but I live like 5 miles from the Honda Center and have gone to a few games. It's hard to not get caught up in the playoff frenzy. Even if there's plenty of time and games left, my heart can't handle this kind of stress! I think I almost died during last year's NBA playoffs (was rooting for cavs)

I hear you. Hockey is especially nerve wracking because it is so fast, pretty much no lead is safe no matter how little time is left on the clock.

Ask kingslunk about that.

JeffG

Games that bring out emotion is what it is all about.

lol Edmonton was so starved for this is that our stadium is sold out tonight. 18,000 people watching it on the big screen in the arena

It seems like I see you in this thread but I think I'm remembering the Apple Music thread?

Also smart to not get too involved. It takes its toll.

Ursn

I keep accidentally posting in the off season thread. I hope it's not a sign. Also these ref calls are bullshit!?
am I doing it right?

Drunk edit

Ashhong

Games that bring out emotion is what it is all about.

lol Edmonton was so starved for this is that our stadium is sold out tonight. 18,000 people watching it on the big screen in the arena

Yea, it's definitely exciting. But that heartbreak those people will feel if ducks come back at this point? Shiiiiit

It seems like I see you in this thread but I think I'm remembering the Apple Music thread?

Also smart to not get too involved. It takes its toll.

I started posting in here maybe a week ago? Went to game 2. But yea I am in the AM thread a lot

Watching this SportsNet show between periods is pissing me off.

They have suggested that players should embellish hits, and that Russel should have stayed on the ground after Ritchie murdered him into the boards to draw a big penalty.

Fuck that shit, thats what has lead to all the diving in the NBA.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Watching this SportsNet show between periods is pissing me off.

They have suggested that players should embellish hits, and that Russel should have stayed on the ground after Ritchie murdered him into the boards to draw a big penalty.

Fuck that shit, thats what has lead to all the diving in the NBA.

That's some pre-Duck Gordon Bombay shit right there.

mo60

In that case it's more likely than not that we will fail to advance.

I hear you. Hockey is especially nerve wracking because it is so fast, pretty much no lead is safe no matter how little time is left on the clock.

Ask kingslunk about that.

Yep. The ducks are going to be in a tough position after this game if they lose. They would have to win 2 games in a row again to advance to the next round. It's not a guarantee they will win two games in a row in this series again.

Yea, it's definitely exciting. But that heartbreak those people will feel if ducks come back at this point? Shiiiiit

I started posting in here maybe a week ago? Went to game 2. But yea I am in the AM thread a lot

As an experiment I want to come back and see how Edmonton reacts.

Yeah I think that's where I saw you. After a while I recognize avatars from everyone in various threads and they all meld together.

JeffG

If that happens

Yep...they will be disappointed. But in a day they will get over it and they will meet the team at the airport.

At the start of the season if you told an Edmonton fan that the Oil would have 103 pts and go to game 6 of the second round...a) they wouldn't of believed you...b) take it in a heartbeat

calder

The liquor depot commercial that explicitly tells oiler fans to get that chip off their shoulder already was downright prescient.

Ashhong

If that happens

Yep...they will be disappointed. But in a day they will get over it and they will meet the team at the airport.

At the start of the season if you told an Edmonton fan that the Oil would have 103 pts and go to game 6 of the second round...a) they wouldn't of believed you...b) take it in a heartbeat

True true.

Anyone ducks fan know where I can get the realest looking white/purple Bombay Jersey? I assume there isn't a real one. I want to wear that to future games... 😂

Ashhong

Funny that there seems to be a ton of oilers fans in Anaheim, but I doubt there are very many Ducks fans in Edmonton, if at all. Canadians are everywhere!

Funny that there seems to be a ton of oilers fans in Anaheim, but I doubt there are very many Ducks fans in Edmonton, if at all. Canadians are everywhere!

Canadians will make the trip for their team. Helps that this is the most excitement the Oilers have had that wasn't in the lottery in 11 years.

JeffG

in games 1 and 2 they reported between 800-1000 oilers fans in the stands

Not sure how they got that number

Top Bottom