• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Calamari41

41 > 38
Meta, my man! Welcome to the club!

Now get in line with us and swing it!

Strutting%20Along_zpsfwlnrupp.gif

Solo

Congrats, SNES GAF and Cuck Baby. Since it's been 24 years since I saw my team win the Cup, and with 0 appearances since, I know that making the ECF is a big deal. It was like a mini Stanley Cup for me in 2010 and 2014. Enjoy it and best of luck.

imBask

Banned
The first 2 teams to make it to the conference finals don't have a $10M goalie 🤔
Snes got their first 2 centers via trades 🤔🤔
Snes have a modern, puck moving star dman 🤔🤔🤔
Preds have a modern, puck moving star dman 🤔🤔🤔🤔
The best paid goalie in the playoffs just got eliminated 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

PillarEN

Preds have like 4 star/borderline star modern puck moving defensemen.

Oddly enough their old guard of Weber and Sutter are nowhere to be found.

imBask

Banned
Half the radio content in Montreal this week has been old farts defending that it has "nothing to do with Subban" and the other half speaking the truth

Calamari41

41 > 38
Sure are a lot of Duck fans on hfboards betting money against their own team to try to make the best of the curse.

If I ever bet, it's always against my own team. That way if the team wins, you're too happy to care about losing some money. If they lose, well, at least you get some money out of it.

Solo

SNES and Rags are both examples of teams that don't have that prototypical star 1C yet still have success. Nashville too really (I don't know if I can classify 61 points as a star 1C).

Solo

Right now, i'd take Turris and Brassard over Galchenyuk and Plekanec or Danault

Of course. So would I. I certainly wasn't trying to prop up our shit team :lol

Just saying that maybe that old mantra that you need a big dominant #1C is a bit outdated.

Cake Boss

Banned
Penis Oreo already has twice as many playoff series wins than All Bran had in his 10 year tenure.

2 things he did better than All Bran so far.

- Get an actual experienced coaching staff
- Get actual bottom 6 depth and got rid of underperforming rookies.

Solo

I'm sick of the Pens and I'd like to see Ovi have success so I'm rooting for the Caps tonight.

I need Anaheim for my pool so I'm rooting for the Ducks tonight.

Calamari41

41 > 38
BTW
at all of you dissing ottawa
read this, http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=236349015#post236349015
where your cities at >:V
#OttawaPride

What's the size requirement? All of the cities on that list are great, but I'll take Newport Beach, Laguna (any of Beach, Hills, or Niguel), Capistrano, Dana Point, etc any day. Especially over fucking Oslo.

I never thought I'd say this...

L E T ' S G O D U C K S
E
T
'
S

G
O

D
U
C
K