• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

dankir

Congrats Preds GAF on making it to the cup finals.

I'm torn on who to support though. If the Sens make it in then I want the cup to come back to Canada. If the Pens make it then I want PK to get a ring.

Line_HTX

Game 6 has not sold out yet?

5RvTPcr.png

To be fair I'm from Ottawa and lived their for 26 years, the arena is horrifically inaccessible. Driving there is nonsense.

We have bus routes but the only one that was a guaranteed catch started all the way in the east end of the city.

So I, who lived say 15 min west of downtown, used to travel all the way to the east end of the city (40min bus) to then take an hour or so bus ride all the way to the western part of the city.

Calamari41

41 > 38
To be fair I'm from Ottawa and lived their for 26 years, the arena is horrifically inaccessible. Driving there is nonsense.

We have bus routes but the only one that was a guaranteed catch started all the way in the east end of the city.

So I, who lived say 15 min west of downtown, used to travel all the way to the east end of the city (40min bus) to then take an hour or so bus ride all the way to the western part of the city.

You're the second Ottawa citizen rooting for the Pens in this thread. Is that a thing there for some reason or just chance? In SoCal we have a lot of New York, Boston, and Chicago fans because we have so many refugees from those areas.

Go home, traitor

You're the second Ottawa citizen rooting for the Pens in this thread. Is that a thing there for some reason or just chance? In SoCal we have a lot of New York, Boston, and Chicago fans because we have so many refugees from those areas.

Well Senators only have a 25 year history.

For me I was just a Pens fan (by like 2 years mind you) before the Senators ever existed and stayed that way when the Sens came into existence

Penguins also due to especially those early 90s teams were/are popular as fuck. Same as those Jordan Bulls teams (though the Bulls)

Jinaar

With so much wrong with the world today, it is good to wake up and find out Great Guy Subban has made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. He's so great. Isn't he?

calder

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins

Sullivan: "Hornqvist, Kuhnhackl, and Ruhwedel stayed in PIT. They are rehabbing there because the rink in Ottawa is really far away and the drive is basically gridlock. Schultz is in Ottawa, but will not go with the team to the arena tonight due to concerns about parking and lack of post-game restaurants."

Damn.

Cactus

Banned
Successfully commuting to the arena in Ottawa sounds like a psychologically exhausting nightmare straight out of a Kafka story. I don't think we should put too much stock in the fact that one of the most important games in franchise history might not sell out.

Silexx

All this talk about the Sens game not being sold out seem to miss the obvious point that the reason so many tickets are still available is because there aren't enough season tickets holders who would normally claim them. This season saw a significant drop in season ticket sales and renewals and the blame for that can be place squarely on the organization itself.

Cake Boss

Banned
All this talk about the Sens game not being sold out seem to miss the obvious point that the reason so many tickets are still available is because there aren't enough season tickets holders who would normally claim them. This season saw a significant drop in season ticket sales and renewals and the blame for that can be place squarely on the organization itself.

There is only 198 tickets left and here I was expecting thousands left with the way people are acting, the lowest priced one is $146.00 for garbage 300s level.

Can I borrow $300 for some snes action tonight Pappa?

Silexx

There is only 198 tickets left and here I was expecting thousands left with the way people are acting, the lowest priced one is $146.00 for garbage 300s level.

I'm not surprised as I'm pretty sure that all this media coverage has guilt-tripped some fans into buying some tickets for the game.

Can I borrow $300 for some snes action tonight Pappa?

Wow, would you look that... I didn't realize the time and now I have to leave... somewhere... out of town. Maybe even out of province. No time, Sorry, bye!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
200 tickets left? Jesus Ottawa, fail. I remember in 2011 it was next to impossible to get tickets even from secondary sources as all the venue tickets were immediately sold out. Only reason I got any was because work had a lottery pool one could participate in for who got a CHANCE to BUY the tickets...

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm not surprised as I'm pretty sure that all this media coverage has guilt-tripped some fans into buying some tickets for the game.

Wow, would you look that... I didn't realize the time and now I have to leave... somewhere... out of town. Maybe even out of province. No time, Sorry, bye!

Out of town? You going to the SNES game too? 🤔

RC

Banned
200 tickets left? Jesus Ottawa, fail. I remember in 2011 it was next to impossible to get tickets even from secondary sources as all the venue tickets were immediately sold out. Only reason I got any was because work had a lottery pool one could participate in for who got a CHANCE to BUY the tickets...

I paid $250 for a single ticket to game 5 against San Jose off of Craigslist. And they were about as upper bowl as you could get.

Still absolutely worth it.

Marvie_3

Banned
I paid $250 for a single ticket to game 5 against San Jose off of Craigslist. And they were about as upper bowl as you could get.

Still absolutely worth it.
I paid about $100 for tickets to Game 4 in 2003 between the Wild and Canucks. We were in the very last row of the Xcel center but it was sweet because we had our own drink tables.

Plus my prince Brent Sopel won it in OT 😻😻😻😻

Top Bottom