• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Rangers D pairings are fascinating

Here they are with their 5v5 shots +/-

Girardi-McDonagh = -21
Holden-Staal = -5
Smith-Skjei = +1
Lunqvist bailing his team out hard

J5zTEcG.jpg
A shitty Pens photoshop, yep, the playoffs are here.

Yeah, but I'm a transplant from Ontario. Oilers fans have been so deliciously cute ever since McJesus showed up. I need their dreams snuffed out like a proper Grimm Brothers story :)

Ah that makes sense then. You'll probably get your wish this year, potentially versus Calgary in the second round.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Can I root for the Oilers and still boo every time the Nutcracker touches the puck? God, just the mention of his name is pissing me off lol.

Ps. I was honestly amused when during the team introduction I thought the fans were booing him. But then I realised they weren't and I was mad. Do they not know the horror this man has left behind in the eastern conference?

Red_Man

I still have my "Good Game, I'm going to fucking kill you" Lucic / Weise shirt from years back

Red_Man

Lundqvist's 55 saves were the most by a Rangers goalie in a playoff game in the expansion era (1967-68)
Goddamn

Pretty impressive considering how many playoff games the Rangers have played over the past few years

Mentok

Banned
The Rangers D pairings are fascinating

Here they are with their 5v5 shots +/-

Girardi-McDonagh = -21
Holden-Staal = -5
Smith-Skjei = +1
Look at those numbers and then realize that the final four defensive shifts of the third period were:

Staal-Holden
McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
McDonagh-Girardi

This loss is on AV.
Those numbers have to be an "off-night" scenario. That's just messed up otherwise.

Seriously though, Bruce Boudreau must've pissed off some wizard to lose in the 1st round as often as he does.

iLLmAtlc

I think the Rangers d corsi numbers were due to score effects. The Habs had taken over the game and the top pairing played the most minutes so they had the biggest negatives.

Top Bottom