• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

imBask

Banned
Do the Rangers know you're allowed to stop the opposing team between the blue lines? That neutral zone is a Habs highway

Quick

Banned
Sucks about Werenski. The rule on injuries during play can really suck sometimes. Unless refs consider it a serious injury (puck to the face is pretty serious), play isn't blown dead until Columbus took possession of the puck. Guess refs didn't think it was that serious to blow the whistle.

I fucking haaaaate those "look at how tough hockey players are" Facebook posts.

lol I know. I find them annoying and racist when a comparison is drawn up against basketball players.

calder

No, the rule is fine as it is, just bad luck for the Jackets. They would have blown the play dead if a jacket had come close to touching the puck but they didn't, and the play only went on about 5 seconds until the goal.

If they blew a whistle every time a guy went down in his own end while the other team has the puck it would happen every game, every time a guy blocked a shot protecting a lead with tired linemates he'd stay down for the whistle.

Quick

Banned
No, the rule is fine as it is, just bad luck for the Jackets. They would have blown the play dead if a jacket had come close to touching the puck but they didn't, and the play only went on about 5 seconds until the goal.

If they blew a whistle every time a guy went down in his own end while the other team has the puck it would happen every game, every time a guy blocked a shot protecting a lead with tired linemates he'd stay down for the whistle.

I thought it was serious, but I meant to highlight that it's subjective and the refs didn't think it was serious enough to blow the play dead within the few seconds between the injury and goal. It can suck sometimes on the side of the Jackets.

Revenant

I fucking haaaaate those "look at how tough hockey players are" Facebook posts.

I'll never get the masturbatory fervor some hockey fans have for this.

This. If the dude takes a shot off the ankle and is still limping around fine. But when someone is laying on the ice bleeding from the head the fucking whistle needs to be blown.

Yup. I mean it'll always be a judgement call but refs are too willing to swallow whistles with that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Cant really fake blood, I'd say that's an exception to the rule that's acceptable.

Mentok

Banned
Wear a cage.

I honestly don't know why this isn't implemented. Seriously, I never played the game, but know that full masks are used at the lower levels, so why not here? I mean they have full face guards in football, why wouldn't you want one in a game where you're firing a hard rubber disk around?

Foggy

No one saw blood until he stood up, right around when the Pens scored.

Didn't stop the refs from doing the same thing earlier in the season when it happened to Calvert against the Rangers. It's a judgment call and this was shitty judgment.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just reminded that with no LA in the playoffs, hockey broadcasts will have to rely on NY for all of their celebrity sightings.

mo60

Hope the Canadiens score soon so a canadian team today like the other canadian teams that played yesterday does not have to deal with one or more overtimes.

Quick

Banned
Just reminded that with no LA in the playoffs, hockey broadcasts will have to rely on NY for all of their celebrity sightings.

How will Will Ferrell eat up his time?

Will Margo Robbie be at the Rangers games? This is most important.

Do people still care that Vince Vaughan is a Blackhawks fan?

ShaneB

If you're getting hit in the head/face area then you're definitely in a bad spot. It should be perfectly acceptable to always blow that dead immediately, regardless of outcome.

Yet they don't blow a play dead when a helmet falls off, only for the goalie.

I honestly don't know why this isn't implemented. Seriously, I never played the game, but know that full masks are used at the lower levels, so why not here? I mean they have full face guards in football, why wouldn't you want one in a game where you're firing a hard rubber disk around?

I'm not downplaying the injury, I just am tired of "player safety" being an issue when it's easily avoidable.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How will Will Ferrell eat up his time?

Will Margo Robbie be at the Rangers games? This is most important.

Do people still care that Vince Vaughan is a Blackhawks fan?

I forgot about all of the Canadian Celeb sightings we'll get at the ACC!

imBask

Banned
Galchenyuk's been real bad so far this game. He's pretty good at pretending to be intense but actually just turning the puck over and getting outplayed physically

Top Bottom