• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Foggy

BJs haven't been playing well since the first half of March and fell ass backwards into the playoffs with something like a 2-7-1 record. Offense went ice cold averaging a goal a game and the once vaunted pp plummeted to 11th. Losing Ryan Murray on the 3rd pairing killed the balance and exposed the lack of depth that we're seeing now with Harrington(year long healthy sceatch) and Carlsson(spent all year in Sweden). Also the idea of Bob being mortal in the playoffs is only getting more pronounced.

They're a mid tier team and that's fine. Most optimistic predictions placed them there. They can compete with Pitt and not look like total scrubs, but frankly a lot of the league can do that on any given night. They're not winning shit in the post season with this team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dart guy was on Overdrive about an hour ago. Now supposedly gonna be on with James Duthie.

Hope this guy cashes in on this stuff. Seems like a pretty cool dude.

I now await internet detectives to find out he's a supporter of O'Leary or Leitch or something.

Montresor

I'm going to miss the beginning of the god damn game because I won't make my normal train. Need to stay a little extra at work.

Dammit. I wanted so badly to see what the crowd is like during the anthem. =/

Leafs coming back home with a 1-1 split after 4 years of no playoffs. :(

What is the best way to watch this while on the Go Train on phone: I have an iPhone 6s+ and iPhone SE... Does CBC.ca work well on the phone? Or should I use an app?

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm going to miss the beginning of the god damn game because I won't make my normal train. Need to stay a little extra at work.

Dammit. I wanted so badly to see what the crowd is like during the anthem. =/

Leafs coming back home with a 1-1 split after 4 years of no playoffs. :(

What is the best way to watch this while on the Go Train on phone: I have an iPhone 6s+ and iPhone SE... Does CBC.ca work well on the phone? Or should I use an app?

Leave work now. Tell them I said it's ok.

Montresor

Well actually I just had a thought. I work in downtown, probably a 10-minute walk at MOST to Maple Leaf Square / ACC. I wonder if I should just show up there after work. I'd easily make it in time.

But... I don't know if I want to hang out there without already having a friend with me. Decisions decisions....

Weevilone

Well actually I just had a thought. I work in downtown, probably a 10-minute walk at MOST to Maple Leaf Square / ACC. I wonder if I should just show up there after work. I'd easily make it in time.

But... I don't know if I want to hang out there without already having a friend with me. Decisions decisions....

Try to grab a scalp ticket? Do they do that around there?

I've gone to games alone before when on business trips and such, it's fine. Sure it's more fun with a friend but you pretty quickly meet people around you that are fun. That's been my experience.

I went to a Finals game in Anaheim one year alone and wound up sitting next to a dude that had just flown to St. Louis for a Rams game. Crazy.

Montresor

Try to grab a scalp ticket? Do they do that around there?

I've gone to games alone before when on business trips and such, it's fine. Sure it's more fun with a friend but you pretty quickly meet people around you that are fun. That's been my experience.

I went to a Finals game in Anaheim one year alone and wound up sitting next to a dude that had just flown to St. Louis for a Rams game. Crazy.

I'm not going to be able to afford a scalped ticket to the ACC game... I mean maybe if it was $200 I would pay it. But I'm expecting $1000 minimum to get in.

Am I off base?

Reckheim

Did a quick search and all the $168 tickets are "balcony center" or "standing room only" or "balcony goal".

Those are awful, awful seats aren't they?

You could probably go to some shitty bar and just watch the game there over a couple of beers (so they don't kick you out), you'd probably be doing the same thing at home anyways.

I have some plans before the Wednesday game where I wont be able to get home before the start of the game and I think i'll just pop into jackasstors/boston pizza or something and just watch it there.

a916

Yeah I don't think Columbus is playing bad at all. In fact they're playing really well. It's just that the Penguins are clearly on a different level right now.

Save for Bobrovsky who's been god awful and shaky. Even when he makes saves he's very erratic in his movement and it's leading to a lot of exaggeration and rebounds.

He's been borderline terrible.

Also the CBJ is completely unable to get anything near Fleury for the first two games. The heat map for the shots were all from the perimeter. They are possessing the puck but since their unable to even get close to the slot, it doesn't matter and Fleury pads his save total. Their being boxed out and Torts hasn't adjusted or is incapable of doing so.

Yawnier

Banned
Dart guy was on Overdrive about an hour ago. Now supposedly gonna be on with James Duthie.

Hope this guy cashes in on this stuff. Seems like a pretty cool dude.

I now await internet detectives to find out he's a supporter of O'Leary or Leitch or something.

I'll have to listen to that later, Dart Guy is a true grit grinder

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm at the airport waiting to fly back and the lounge attendant cant figure out how the remote works to put the Leafs game on

I'm pretty sure this one guy who's ben asking about it for the past 20mins and is already mad he's missing the pregame might just murder her if she doesnt give him the remote soon

BTails

Drinking the Calgary local Tool Shed brewing's "Red Rage Ale", before heading to the Dome tonight. Gotta rep Calgary, gotta rep the Red.

Let's go boys, we're gonna roast some duck tonight!

You could probably go to some shitty bar and just watch the game there over a couple of beers (so they don't kick you out), you'd probably be doing the same thing at home anyways.

this is what I'm doing. Milton Wild Wing and Coors Light 😂👌

couldn't get home in time, but didn't want to miss anything...

Top Bottom