• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Just bring out Goldberg and Fulton Reed and you guys will be alright.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

lupinko

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Two articles from American journalists, giving the Leafs a lot of credit for playing competitively against the Capitals:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...p-playoffs-secret-toronto-maple-leafs-success

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...b2a45e3dc84_story.html?utm_term=.4947d886dea0

Pierre Lebrun is Canadian, and not only is he ESPN's hockey guy, he's also one of the longtime TSN insiders.

You should turn in your hockey cred with that goof.

Montresor is fake news

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Why in the holy hell did the NHL schedule Sens-Bruins with Leafs-Caps?

I would much rather the Sens schedule clash with the Habs, Habs-Rags has been boring as all fuck. Leafs-Caps is some entertaining shit(I've gained a lot of respect for the Leafs the past few days).

Cake Boss

Banned
Why in the holy hell did the NHL schedule Sens-Bruins with Leafs-Caps?

I would much rather the Sens schedule clash with the Habs, Habs-Rags has been boring as all fuck. Leafs-Caps is some entertaining shit(I've gained a lot of respect for the Leafs the past few days).

Yeah same it's the only series that I have found interesting enough to watch other than my teams.

Anyone else finding this year's first round a bore fest? Maybe it's missing the usual flyers vs pens matchup.

Solo

Y'all are deluded as Leafs fans if you've found Habs/Rags boring. And no, the first round hasn't been a borefest. The first (and to an extent, second) round is always the most exciting part of the whole season. Multiple playoff games every day. Unlike when you get the the CF and SCF where it's a slogfest.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Y'all are deluded as Leafs fans if you've found Habs/Rags boring. And no, the first round hasn't been a borefest. The first (and to an extent, second) round is always the most exciting part of the whole season. Multiple playoff games every day. Unlike when you get the the CF and SCF where it's a slogfest.

Sorry Solo, Habs are a boring team, Rangers are a boring team and that makes for an incredibly boring series to someone not invested in either team.

Yeah same it's the only series that I have found interesting enough to watch other than my teams.

Anyone else finding this year's first round a bore fest? Maybe it's missing the usual flyers vs pens matchup.

I expected Oilers/Sharks to be way, way better than it turned out to be.

Cake Boss

Banned

First round is always the best round but this year it ain't, not enough salt and not enough entertainment. The Habs n rags series is boring shit. It needs a Kreider hit on Price to make it interesting.

Solo

Sorry Solo, Habs are a boring team, Rangers are a boring team and that makes for an incredibly boring series to someone not invested in either team.

I dunno. I think Game 1 was pretty entertaining. And Game 2 was pretty fucking thrilling. I wouldn't take anyone seriously who found Game 2 boring. Last night I could see being boring to non-fans as it wasn't super competitive and was pretty one-sided though. Fair enough.

I think the fireworks you're craving are coming though. They pretty much have to unless NY is just planning to roll over and die (which maybe they are, I dunno).

And yes, Leafs/Caps has been pretty entertaining so far.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno. I think Game 1 was pretty entertaining. And Game 2 was pretty fucking thrilling. I wouldn't take anyone seriously who found Game 2 boring. Last night I could see being boring to non-fans as it wasn't super competitive and was pretty one-sided though. Fair enough.

I think the fireworks you're craving are coming though. They pretty much have to unless NY is just planning to roll over and die (which maybe they are, I dunno).

And yes, Leafs/Caps has been pretty entertaining so far.

I could spoil this for you if you want.

Solo

Rangers will come out with their best effort tomorrow night, Meta. The Kreider missile may even hit. They know it's over if they lose so I expect they'll step up and the series will head back to Montreal locked at 2-2.

Poor fucking Hank though. Dude has stood on his head for 3 games and gotten absolutely NO help.

Solo

Wrenski done for the year. RIP blowjobs.

I couldnt believe the HNIC crew, to a man, applauding the refs for "getting it right". Sickening. Maclean said he'd never blow the whistle unless it was a serious injury. Uhhhh I love ya Ronnie Mac, but you're a Don Cherry level of dumbass if you don't consider that a serious injury.

Parch

I couldnt believe the HNIC crew, to a man, applauding the refs for "getting it right". Sickening. Maclean said he'd never blow the whistle unless it was a serious injury. Uhhhh I love ya Ronnie Mac, but you're a Don Cherry level of dumbass if you don't consider that a serious injury.
I wonder if Ron is going to say anything about it now. He was wrong and looks like a real dope now. He'll probably just mention the injury and pretend he didn't talk about it not being serious enough to stop play.

Parch

I expected Oilers/Sharks to be way, way better than it turned out to be.
I'm not surprised the series is defensive. Oilers grind out games and just let McD be the difference. If they shut down Connor then it's going to be low scoring and dependent on PK and powerplays.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers will come out with their best effort tomorrow night, Meta. The Kreider missile may even hit. They know it's over if they lose so I expect they'll step up and the series will head back to Montreal locked at 2-2.

Poor fucking Hank though. Dude has stood on his head for 3 games and gotten absolutely NO help.

Ahem.

Amanda Stein‏ @amandacstein
#NYR practice seems slightly low energy. AV trying to get team going, don't seem to be responding. Feels like mid-January practice.#TSN690

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It feels like they're up 3-1 but they can't get caught thinking like that, Rangers will have their best game tomorrow and if they win this is a best of 3.

ShaneB

Other than the goal, what does it matter if the play wasn't called dead? I get tending to an injury, I don't want to sound heartless, but The injury already happened. Did they call him out for not wearing a face cage? He came back in the game wearing a damn face shield. He should've wore it before!!

Edit : mentioned before as another example, anytime a helmet comes off any player the play should be called dead. Imagine the firestorm of a player getting seriously injured because he was skating around with no helmet and the play kept going.

Top Bottom