• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Most experts had a Hawks - Caps final, and now one of them might get swept while the other is down 2-1 to the Leafs. What a time to be alive.

Did I reverse jinx this? Apologies.

W2FETbK.jpg

Mentok

Banned
It's funny how many people in the playoff pool I'm running have picked players from teams that are about to be eliminated, or are losing in their respective series.

wow that was horrible luck... but Flames should have never let them come back.

Idk if I'm gonna be honest, not a total Homer take, that Thompson goal was a for sure highstick, that goal in game two that was waived off, was for sure a good goal, but whatever, it is what it is. I'd love to see a 4 game win streak from us. I'll be content if we can win the next two.

Yawnier

Banned
It's funny how many people in the playoff pool I'm running have picked players from teams that are about to be eliminated, or are losing in their respective series.

I'm in a pool of 45 people and am the only person who went ALL IN on Nashville, if they make a deep run I'll probably win it lol

Thanks, lifelong, but it's actually ok when new people try to get into the sport. Not everyone has to be a die hard off the bat

new fans are cool, but if you're going refer to a great accomplished players (whose name was probably said hundreds of times during the game) as "that guy" then you should expect someone to make fan of you for it. that's fair play. also, fans of losing teams don't generally appreciate postgame head patting.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching the highlights and that Kuznetsov shot off the bar with an open net before OT is the most Capitals thing of all time. They say the past doesn't matter, but you can't convince me that bowing out of the playoffs early so many times doesn't have a mental effect on your core players. I still think the Caps take it, but this shouldn't go to 6-7 games. It wou8ld also be such a Leaf thing to go up 3-1 against the Presidents Trophy team and blow it.

half the series in the NHL right now are at 3-0.

who is most likely to complete the sweep? my money is on Pittsburgh.
Def Pittsburgh, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chicago came back to make this a series like LA did against SJ a few years back. There's too much experience on that team to just roll over.

Top Bottom