• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Quick

Banned
Oh hey guys what's going on...

4610rMp.gif

Heretic

You spelled ovaries wrong.

Oh did he finally get those implants? Good for him, one of my old neighbors LOVES the ones he got for his Pit Bull. He walks that dog with so much confidence now.
lolololol

do we have a price for Scorpio already?
nope

How much lunch money do I need to save for this XBox Scorpio?

niiiice

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What's the record for most OT's in a first round/post-season? Because this year feels exorbitant

Or for Hawks fans

Too yuge

Sheroking

The delicious tears of the Flames radio personalities could salt Calgary roads for a decade.

I just hope all of those poor chairs made it out alive in the GMs box.

tmac456

Toews/Kane/Keith/Hammer obviously arent going anywhere. Hossa is playing well enough so he isnt a problem.

Seabrook is falling off a cliff so do what you have to to get rid of that contract.

Id consider selling high on Anisimov. Hes probably not going to have a better season than this year.

Same with Panik. Sell high.

Id move Crawford if possible. Darling is a slight downgrade but the Hawks have much bigger problems to fix first. Moving him probably isnt an option though considering the goalie market.

Also fire Q.

Flipping Seabrook's contract would cost them a draft pick or a talented youngster. Plus he has a NTC. Good luck with that.

Not against moving Panik. And probably not opposed to trading Crawford but not sure what kind of assets you're getting for him. I'll be perfectly fine if Kruger is gone after this year. And after watching Anisimov get absolutely embarrassed at the dot game after game, I wouldn't even care if they got rid of him either.

Yes they've had a bad playoffs so far. Game 1 was one of those typical goalie steals one games. Game 2 stinker and tonight a bad bounce + questionable no-call on the goalie interference and here they are staring at 3-0. Looks to be one of those years, sadly. Last year they lose in a heartbreaking game 7 on the road to a Cup contender. That's hockey, baby.

mdubs

Banned
Q should be fired for keeping Oduya in the lineup. Seems like hes on the ice every time the preds score.

Theres a lot of dead weight on this team at this point.
Somewhere out there Terry Pegula is reading this post and rubbing his hands together

bebop242

Oh Jesus, lmao. Is there some unspoken rule that you can only comment about sports if you know the other team's players? Man, have I got some news for you - I'm not the only one!

Quite enjoyed the games tonight, but I'll be sure to tread carefully next time before rolling through this thread with a comment or two!! /s

I've been a (very) casual Maple Leafs fan for just under 20 years (thanks NHL 98). I have not been following the team much other than FB posts since I follow them. I saw they posted about the playoffs and I totally did a Jim Mora take.

Anyway I've watched at least parts of all 3 Maple Leaf games (work third shift and have to take a nap beforehand) and they have quite an exciting team. I always considered them the Cubs of the NHL and they seem to be rising much like the Cubs have recently.

Oh and I cannot name one Capitals player offhand.

lupinko

I've been a (very) casual Maple Leafs fan for just under 20 years (thanks NHL 98). I have not been following the team much other than FB posts since I follow them. I saw they posted about the playoffs and I totally did a Jim Mora take.

Anyway I've watched at least parts of all 3 Maple Leaf games (work third shift and have to take a nap beforehand) and they have quite an exciting team. I always considered them the Cubs of the NHL and they seem to be rising much like the Cubs have recently.

Oh and I cannot name one Capitals player offhand.

You don't know who Alex Ovechkin is?

bebop242

You don't know who Alex Ovechkin is?

Nope haven't followed Hockey much, I'm very casual. I'll watch playoffs if Blackhawks or Maple Leafs are in, but regular season usually doesn't interest me unless I'm actually going to the game. Love live hockey.

Socreges

Banned
Nope haven't followed Hockey much, I'm very casual. I'll watch playoffs if Blackhawks or Maple Leafs are in, but regular season usually doesn't interest me unless I'm actually going to the game. Love live hockey.
The important thing to remember is that Ovechkin is a volume shooter, not a sniper. Many make this mistake.

sidney-crosby-2014-50.jpg

Pictured: Alexandre Ovechkin

A little history now. Taken 425th overall in the 1998 draft, Ovechkin scraped by as a 4th liner in the Sharks' system before getting a chance with the Capitals. In his first season he registered 1,183 shots and 4 goals, a sign of things to come. He's since won 1 Cup with the Caps, as well as 2 Conn Smythes and a Vezina.

bebop242

The important thing to remember is that Ovechkin is a volume shooter, not a sniper. Many make this mistake.

sidney-crosby-2014-50.jpg

Pictured: Alexandre Ovechkin

A little history now. Taken 425th overall in the 1998 draft, Ovechkin scraped by as a 4th liner in the Sharks' system before getting a chance with the Capitals. In his first season he registered 1,183 shots and 4 goals, a sign of things to come. He's since won 1 Cup with the Caps, as well as 2 Conn Smythes and a Vezina.

Fwiw I figured this was false. Still looked it up tho, lol.

Silexx

OMMMMMGGGGG

There are Bruins fans demanding Karlsson be suspended for tapping the fan trying to steal Wideman's stick after last night's game.

The thread on HFBoards is amazing right now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Bitches crying how they got robbed in that game, motherfuckers shouldn't have even been in the game, had 20 shots total and if it wasn't for Anderson pulling a 850SV% shit wouldn't have even got to overtime.

imBask

Banned
That one Bruins fans on HF is defending that Wideman should've let the stick go, kinda blaming him for the whole thing

like what

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really hope the Habs are ready for tonight, I expect the Rangers to have their best game tonight and if they tie this it's anyone's series with their road play.

OMMMMMGGGGG

There are Bruins fans demanding Karlsson be suspended for tapping the fan trying to steal Wideman's stick after last night's game.

The thread on HFBoards is amazing right now.

hfboards is a cesspool of 14 year olds. Can't stand being on there for more than 5 minutes.

If anything the Bruins will be told to put the overhang up in the tunnel

Solo

That was a great night of overtime hockey matches, eh comrades?

Lunqvist sucks against the Habs, fear not.

Did you by chance miss Game 1, 2, and 3 of the 2017 ECQF? If dude had any help whatsoever the Rags could easily be up 3-0. Goaltending has been their only strong point this series.

yyzjohn

Banned
That was a great night of overtime hockey matches, eh comrades?

Did you by chance miss Game 1, 2, and 3 of the 2017 ECQF? If dude had any help whatsoever the Rags could easily be up 3-0. Goaltending has been their only strong point this series.

Admittedly I didn't, I'm just going from history that tells me that Rangers usually seem to lay an egg against the Habs. I think most people had Habs winning this series before it began, nothing has changed.

Sanjuro

I've been very satisfied with the playoffs thus far. Even the NBA has been delivering some solid games in the early rounds.

Got baseball going too. Life is good!

Top Bottom