• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Marvie_3

Banned
Def Pittsburgh, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chicago came back to make this a series like LA did against SJ a few years back. There's too much experience on that team to just roll over.
They've done nothing but roll over this series. They're done. They might get lucky and win game 4 but this series is over.

I think the ducks at this point.

We aren't even playing that well with Fowler and Vatanen out. Flames have looked better. Anaheim could be reverse swept.

Q should be fired for keeping Oduya in the lineup. Seems like hes on the ice every time the preds score.

Theres a lot of dead weight on this team at this point.

Oduya think?

God, Perry is so easy to love.

Fixed.

W2FETbK.jpg

tmac456

Q should be fired for keeping Oduya in the lineup. Seems like hes on the ice every time the preds score.

Theres a lot of dead weight on this team at this point.

i'm just curious how you want them to blow it up

Toews and Kane are in their prime, Keith is on a ridiculously team friendly deal as is Hjalmarsson. Seabrook's contract is horrible and has a NTC. Where's Hossa gonna go? Not sure exactly what they're supposed to do unless you're talking about them trading one of Toews/Kane

Marvie_3

Banned
Didn't they trade for him to get him back? Don't think they'd sit that guy lol.
Which is yet another reason why Q is a shit coach. Has no problem benching a rookie for a tiny mistake yet Oduya shits all over the ice and keeps playing. Same bullshit happened with Rozsival.

Kempny needs to be in next game.

I'm a bit surprised that Marvie hasn't brought back his Fire Q avatar yet
I lost it or I would.

Which is yet another reason why Q is a shit coach. Has no problem benching a rookie for a tiny mistake yet Oduya shits all over the ice and keeps playing. Same bullshit happened with Rozsival.

Kempny needs to be in next game.

I lost it or I would.

I recall a Q quote from 24/7: "nobody likes winning more than me"

But I thought jokes were fair play irrespective of circumstance? I'm so confused now 😞

yeah but that joke doesn't really fit into the narrative of our conversation. i already trashed the hawks, making fun of them now will only gain my respect, not bother me.

Socreges

Banned
swing and a miss.

his username)i imagine) is referring to the 17 seconds between the 2 goals it took the Hawks to beat Boston in game 6 of 2013 SCF
yeah but that joke doesn't really fit into the narrative of our conversation. i already trashed the hawks, making fun of them now will only gain my respect, not bother me.

I'm just glad I've got 17 Seconds and tmac456 to keep me in line

For the record, if you want to talk about fitting into the narrative, the problem people had with you wasn't the first post but the follow up bullshit rationale

RoKKeR

you can do whatever you want, and i can poke fun at you for not even being committed enough to your team to know the other team's most famous guys

new fans are cool, but if you're going refer to a great accomplished players (whose name was probably said hundreds of times during the game) as "that guy" then you should expect someone to make fan of you for it. that's fair play. also, fans of losing teams don't generally appreciate postgame head patting.

Oh Jesus, lmao. Is there some unspoken rule that you can only comment about sports if you know the other team's players? Man, have I got some news for you - I'm not the only one!

Quite enjoyed the games tonight, but I'll be sure to tread carefully next time before rolling through this thread with a comment or two!! /s

Oh Jesus, lmao. Is there some unspoken rule that you can only comment about sports if you know the other team's players? Man, have I got some news for you - I'm not the only one!

Quite enjoyed the games tonight, but I'll be sure to tread carefully next time before rolling through this thread with a comment or two!! /s

Keep on stoppin' by man. I think I speak for most of the regulars around here when I say we'll take a new fan over faux elitism anyday. We've got enough of that shit around here with all these goddamn Ducks fans.

I'm just glad I've got 17 Seconds and tmac456 to keep me in line

For the record, if you want to talk about fitting into the narrative, the problem people had with you wasn't the first post but the follow up bullshit rationale

why are you guys getting so worked up over this? the dude said something noobish to a fanbase that was likely to be in an agitated mood, and he got gently roasted for it. nobody is telling him to go away or to stop rooting for the team.

Marvie_3

Banned
i'm just curious how you want them to blow it up

Toews and Kane are in their prime, Keith is on a ridiculously team friendly deal as is Hjalmarsson. Seabrook's contract is horrible and has a NTC. Where's Hossa gonna go? Not sure exactly what they're supposed to do unless you're talking about them trading one of Toews/Kane
Toews/Kane/Keith/Hammer obviously arent going anywhere. Hossa is playing well enough so he isnt a problem.

Seabrook is falling off a cliff so do what you have to to get rid of that contract.

Id consider selling high on Anisimov. Hes probably not going to have a better season than this year.

Same with Panik. Sell high.

Id move Crawford if possible. Darling is a slight downgrade but the Hawks have much bigger problems to fix first. Moving him probably isnt an option though considering the goalie market.

Also fire Q.

Socreges

Banned

Next time please share your thoughts on that Jonathan Taves guy

don't be salty that your joke was bad.

we all make bad jokes. it's OK.
Will be sure to tailor Hawks fans jokes in future to Hawks fans sensibilities

One time I wanted to post a gif after the Avs won and Duck fans wouldn't let me. It was one of our very few wins this year and I wasn't allowed to be happy about it. :(

Socreges

Banned
why are you guys getting so worked up over this? the dude said something noobish to a fanbase that was likely to be in an agitated mood, and he got gently roasted for it. nobody is telling him to go away or to stop rooting for the team.
Noted, friend.

I think we've all learned something here tonight. 😳

Keep on stoppin' by man. I think I speak for most of the regulars around here when I say we'll take a new fan over faux elitism anyday. We've got enough of that shit around here with all these goddamn Ducks fans.

we welcome everyone here in NHL-GAF. Not sure how we're faux elite. We have humble beginnings, starting with a scrappy group of kids in District 5.

One time I wanted to post a gif after the Avs won and Duck fans wouldn't let me. It was one of our very few wins this year and I wasn't allowed to be happy about it. :(

I don't remember this, but please feel free. We love GIFs. And fun must be always. I want you and 19&21 to feel free to be happy and post GIFs. Everyone else does.

Also note we have GIFs on deck for Ducks losses

Marvie_3

Banned
This. New blood is always good in here.

Unless you're a Leafs fan. We have enough of that shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck me. Just can't win with you guys.

Kinda like the Hawks with the Predators! 😃
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Top Bottom