• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stasis

Ovechkin is having a really strong game. You can definitely tell he's been frustrated and is just going to do whatever it takes. Gotta respect that, the guy came to play.

Yeah I love to hate him.

Historically I've been a fan, always respected his physical play. Pain in the ass for me right now of course, but I respect the play.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Well, I guess I'm OK with Boston being eliminated. The Leafs better lose in the next round though.

UberTag

And I thought the Sharks were the worst at closing a series in the league.
You must have missed out on my post from earlier today? The Sharks have nothing... AND I MEAN NOTHING... on the Bruins when it comes to not being able to close out series.

Not really.

Toronto beating Washington or the Rangers to get to the conference finals... now THAT would be insane.

Winning on Monday would just be yet another Bruins early-round collapse when they were the overwhelming favorites and had a seemingly insurmountable lead... something we've seen happen at least once every two years for the past DECADE.

2002 - #1 Boston lost to #8 Montreal despite being the top seed in the conference after splitting the first 4 games.
2004 - #2 Boston lost to #7 Montreal after leading the series 2-0 and 3-1.
2009 - #1 Boston to #6 Carolina after choking out of the gates and losing Games 2, 3 & 4 after finally slaying the Montreal dragon in the first-round (after 3 consecutive playoff exits to the Habs).
2010 - #6 Boston lost to #7 Philadelphia after leading 3 games to 0, becoming the first team to choke away a 3-0 series lead since the 1975 Pittsburgh Penguins.
2012 - #2 Boston lost to #7 Washington after being largely dominant in the 2nd half of the regular season. All 7 games were decided by a single goal - the first time that's ever happened in NHL playoff history.

Oh and the common theme of those past four chokejobs. ALL OF THOSE SERIES WENT 7 GAMES.

So yeah, Boston Bruins fans aren't in complete disbelief at all at this turn of events.
WE EXPECTED IT!

We also expect to lose on Monday night. Although I'm going to do my part to try and ensure that doesn't happen by recreating the exact circumstances of Games 1, 3 & 4 (wearing my Bergeron jersey while listening to a CBC.ca stream at my computer at work) and not the exact circumstances of Games 2, 5 & 6 (not wearing any jersey and sitting in the exact same chair at a friend's place while watching the game with a bunch of Leaf fans on a 65" television).
I'll post the bears to humor the locals, though.

clappingbear.gif
clappingbear.gif

RS4-

Too bad Pierre McGuire isn't calling this game...he'd be all like "I CAN'T BELIEVE TORONTO HAS THE BALLS TO KEEP POKING THE BEAR LIKE THIS, THE BRUINS ARE GOING TO GET REALLY MAD"

God, imagine a McGuire and Healy game.

Lol and now Boston scores. Fuck

Leafs are my most disliked team in the league, but that's almost entirely because of how many obnoxious die-hard fans they have across North America back when they were good. Canucks have taken them to the shed over the past decade, so I'm actually fine with them becoming a competent team again so I can have a real villain of a team to cheer against.

So partially due to that (and their underdog status) and partially because I'm loving watching them make Boston eat their own shit at home, I'm actually loving this game.

That said, Bruins just scored, so this game ain't over yet!

Smash88

Banned
We're well aware of the fact that you're a bitter little shit who has no idea what he's talking about.

Nah, I'm bitter about a team that has mistreated fans for this long.

You're just fucking mad that I'm right.

Stay salty Marvie.

Go fuck yourself. I'll see you in the finals.

I'm so happy for Leafs-age right now. Diehard fans deserve any glory their team gets, and Leaf fans (ESPECIALLY the diehards) in here deserve some glory after the shit they've had to endure.

Well done Leafs-age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom