• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactus

Banned
Well, the police are out and about (on horseback) but no violence or mayhem has been reported. The majority of people have left, but a couple hundred still remain. CP24 has been interviewing a bunch of dejected fans.

BKMVpqLCYAEfr33.jpg

I want updates Torontonians. What's happening?

They are pretending to be fire flies it seems

Kak.efes

In Boston, you're probably such an optimist with each and every single team competing every year in all respective sports. In Toronto? The Blue Jays are perennially shit. The Raptors? Same deal. The Leafs until this year, truly awful. It's such an interesting contrast in the sporting landscapes of both cities. Our teams turn you into such a pessimist.

Stasis

Back to back shutouts!

Let's do this, Bruins-GAF!

Aye cap'n! Prefer Boston to Toronto as an opponent, due to history. Not that it means all that much right now.

Would love Staal and/or Clowe back for it. I like what I saw outta Kreider, so that's good too.

Tabris

Well that's good that Toronto isn't rioting like Montreal and Vancouver did.

All it takes is a hundred idiots, but without the thousands downtown, the hundred idiots have no power.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Look on the bright side Leafs. Soon you'll just be another statistic about a team coming back from 3-1 and losing. At least the Bruins have to live with their 3-0 chokejob forever.

Well, the police are out and about (on horseback) but no violence or mayhem has been reported. The majority of people have left, but a couple hundred still remain. CP24 has been interviewing a bunch of dejected fans.

Make me proud Toronto. Don't get stupid.

Montresor

I'm trying to take positives out of this (took Boston to game 7, Reimer played well in the series, etc...) but nothing I do is letting me feel good at the moment. I want to sleep this off.

In Boston, you're probably such an optimist with each and every single team competing every year in all respective sports. In Toronto? The Blue Jays are perennially shit. The Raptors? Same deal. The Leafs until this year, truly awful. It's such an interesting contrast in the sporting landscapes of both cities. Our teams turn you into such a pessimist.

Boston teams in the 90s weren't too hot

Look on the bright side Leafs. Soon you'll just be another statistic about a team coming back from 3-1 and losing. At least the Bruins have to live with their 3-0 chokejob forever.

Ultimately, the Leafs have more positives than negatives to pull from the series. For a lot of these guys it was their first rodeo and they played remarkably well. They've grown more as a team in a couple of weeks than what they did the entire season.

The animosity seems rather overblown from my perspective.

It totally is, but put yourself in the shoes of Canucks fans who've seen their team - by far the best Canadian team across the past 4/5 years - receive little to no meaningful media coverage, while Toronto, locked in awfulness for 7 years, still dominated sports coverage.

All in all, I'm deeply impressed with how the Leafs played against the Bruins in this series. So many mistakes, such wild performance swings, and yet they were still able to push it to Game 7 OT.

As far as the season goes, I need to see Carlyle get this group into the playoffs during an 82 game season before I'll be comfortable with him as coach.

bardia

Vancouver has the Canucks......and the whitecaps
lol
?

Montresor

Leafs fan, pm me your number. I'll console/congratulations you.

I sent you my # but I'm not gonna answer any calls. I'm sniffling and I'm just going to sound pathetic in a phone conversation right now. You can text if you want buddy.

Congrats again to the Bruins and their fans.

And to the Rangers too.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I know I always post these, and I know, it's ESPN, USA, yadda yadda yadda but I still get a fucking kick out of it:

RQFxlTK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom