• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Alucard

Banned
Quick is human. If the Kings just rely on him against a talented team like Chicago, they're not gonna win shit. Turtling works against teams like New Jersey, but not offensive powerhouses like the Hawks. At least, not this late in the playoffs.

On commercials: is this new Bud Light commercial playing Kelly Clarkson? What kind of douche rocks a beer bottle to Kelly Clarkson?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wow. Hits are 32 to 31 for the Kings. Hawks are doing really good in keeping up with the Kings in playing physical.

Hit counts are always too high for the home team. Scorekeeper bias. Has always been like this, analyzing hit counts of a single game is essentially worthless.

Hit counts are always too high for the home team. Scorekeeper bias. Has always been like this, analyzing hit counts of a single game is essentially worthless.

Sure, but my point is that the Kings were supposed to come in and completely hammer away at the Hawks by using their size to an advantage. Hawks are playing just as physical and taking away that advantage.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sure, but my point is that the Kings were supposed to come in and completely hammer away at the Hawks by using their size to an advantage. Hawks are playing just as physical and taking away that advantage.

I'm not watching so I don't know, but if you base that impression on the hit score, then that's a bad idea. If you're watching and they are, and you used the hit score to illustrate that impression, then good :p The same game might have a hit count of 30-30 in Chicago and 20-40 in LA, depending on how biased the scorekeepers are.

Sometimes a lopsided shot count is because one team is getting lots of blocks, but actually the Kings have more blocked shots right now, meaning Chicago's advantage in total shots directed towards Quick is actually higher than SOG would indicate.

I'm not watching so I don't know, but if you base that impression on the hit score, then that's a bad idea. If you're watching and they are, and you used the hit score to illustrate that impression, then good :p The same game might have a hit count of 30-30 in Chicago and 20-40 in LA, depending on how biased the scorekeepers are.

Well, I've always found that counting hits is silly because it seems to change daily as to what constitute a hit and if they would be tracked for the counter so I agree with you. But, the hits are simply a good way to illustrate the game plan the Hawks seem to have which is match the Kings physicality and take away a key part of their game.

Brown had a fucking breakaway, why on earth would he take a dive? Doesn't make a lick of sense, you guys just hate him so much that it's affecting your judgement.

zychi

Banned
C201103-Patrick-Sharp-Chicago-magazine-cover-300w.jpg

iqubal

Banned
Entertaining game. The kings started playing better in the third.

and wow, richards had an awful night. No doubt he'll bounce back.

Sharp was "sharp" as usual.

Alucard

Banned
Been taking care of my sick daughter while watching an hour of pre-game coverage in the background. Ready to go.

Bring out Jeff Jimerson for the anthem and let's do this. Could go either way with the amount of time off both teams have had.

MacAttack

Ference in, Bartowski out. I like it.

Also Chara and Seidenberg vs the Malkin line, Bergeron matching up against Crosby from the early reports Ive heard.

Im out until the second, gonna DVR the first.

Top Bottom