• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Clydefrog

-CRASH-
Banned
(Yesterday, 11:05 PM)

Bandwagoner down! You're losing men, Clydefrog!

He was doomed from the beginning and he knew it. I cannot deny nor confirm his fandom. He was a junior, he was ill-tempered, and he rightly got banned. I appreciated his enthusiasm and I hope other people like him continue to join our forum to discuss the NHL (at the very least for LOLs). CRASH, if you ever come back, you got a spot in the Kings section of NHL-GAF. (WE NEED MEMBERS)

Better start making more alts.

GTFO

ibtsvtuhPwLmi8.gif

LOL

If Raffi Torres does that, I don't think he ever plays in the NHL again. With that said, I think there is a very real chance Keith only gets fined

First off, Carter did take a jab at Keith's hand right before that gif. I'd like to think Carter was just trying to move Keith's glove, but he obviously wasn't. Carter knew what he was doing and Keith made a huge mistake by slashing him in the chin.

Keith was pleading to Shanahan not to ban him. He went over to Carter afterwards during a TV timeout and apologized again, as we saw in the telecast.

Keith won't get a suspension.

Keith was just thanking him for the slash on the hands he received moments earlier!

fuck you

Socreges

Banned
No snail will survive your post.
Because salt kills snails! You are too clever for this world, Marvin.

Here's the quote in question. Pretty funny:

“Yeah it was accidental. Obviously I wanted to give him a tap but not where I got him. I felt bad. I’m glad to see that he came back. It was just a scuffle. It was an accident. (concerned if league will take a look at the high-stick): “I have no idea. I said it was an accident.”

Marvie_3

Banned

“Yeah it was accidental. Obviously I wanted to give him a tap but not where I got him. I felt bad. I’m glad to see that he came back. It was just a scuffle. It was an accident. (concerned if league will take a look at the high-stick): “I have no idea. I said it was an accident.”
Praise from Caesar.

where's the link for nhl gaf podcast btw?

www.salt-on-the-ice.com

Heretic

i say he's learned his lesson.

He was doomed from the beginning and he knew it. I cannot deny nor confirm his fandom. He was a junior, he was ill-tempered, and he rightly got banned. I appreciated his enthusiasm and I hope other people like him continue to join our forum to discuss the NHL (at the very least for LOLs). CRASH, if you ever come back, you got a spot in the Kings section of NHL-GAF. (WE NEED MEMBERS)
I'm pretty sure CRASH got banned for PM begging in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576881&highlight=

Surprise surprise, Kings fans have low standards.

Ideal would be an uplifting OT victory for the Pens followed by a Pens blowout in game 4.

Do you believe in miracles?
penguin-halo.gif

Nope. But I believe in the Bs choking again.

Solo

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
Think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away

Nick Kypreos
‏@RealKyper
Can confirm #NHL discipline hearing for#Blackhawk Keith regarding his high stick on #Kings Carter. Time TBD but will take place later 2day

Nick Kypreos
‏@RealKyper
Can confirm #NHL discipline hearing for#Blackhawk Keith regarding his high stick on #Kings Carter. Time TBD but will take place later 2day

Right before the hit Carter took a whack at Keiths hand while he was trying to pick up his glove. If he broke Keiths hand would anything have come of it or is Keith getting a hearing because he hit the head/drew blood?

ShaneB

Nick Kypreos
‏@RealKyper

That was a terribly ugly play, and could've been so much worse. I mean at least there's some compassion that he was apologizing, but what the heck is going through his mind thinking "hey, now's a good time to swing my stick at his head!".... Dummy.

MacAttack

Tony Amonte on Crosby's heel turn:

Tony Amonte on CSNNE said:
"I don't know. I don't know what made it turn. But something turned with Sidney Crosby,'' Amonte said. "The way he approached the game, the way he approached the fans. It doesn't feel right to me. It doesn't feel sincere. And that's why I kind of turned on him. Hearing some different stories about him inside the locker room and the one thing that I kind of think I know is ... the Conn Smythe. I think he is so jealous of Evgeni Malkin winning that trophy [as the playoff MVP] a few years ago. I'm telling you – he wants it all. He thinks he is an elite player, in the same conversation with Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Sakic and these guys, and to do that, you need to win a Conn Smythe, you have to have that on your resume if you want to be talked about the way those guys are. I think it eats him up that they won that Cup and he didn't get the Conn Smythe."

:lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

I like Amonte but this is kind of ridiculous.

I also don't see this "change" in Crosby that keeps getting talked about. He's been slashing and ball-punching for as long as I can remember.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've been too busy to watch any of this round, but if the Bruins win another cup I'm going to start watching curling.

Socreges

Banned
Getting your teeth and jaw permanently destroyed can't be good for your mental health either, but I haven't noticed a change.

Right before the hit Carter took a whack at Keiths hand while he was trying to pick up his glove. If he broke Keiths hand would anything have come of it or is Keith getting a hearing because he hit the head/drew blood?
What if, instead of merely hitting Keith's glove, Carter had sliced off Keith's hand altogether? Would that completely irrelevant hypothetical have saved Keith from a moment of sudden anger and stupidity? Hmmm something to think about for sure.

Getting your teeth and jaw permanently destroyed can't be good for your mental health either, but I haven't noticed a change.

What if, instead of merely hitting Keith's glove, Carter had sliced off Keith's hand altogether? Would that completely irrelevant hypothetical have saved Keith from a moment of sudden anger and stupidity? Hmmm something to think about for sure.

Was just curious, I'm not really sure how the NHL goes through the disciplinary process and having never played hockey myself I'm still trying to learn the difference between what a hockey play and a dirty play is.

Socreges

Banned
Was just curious, I'm not really sure how the NHL goes through the disciplinary process and having never played hockey myself I'm still trying to learn the difference between what a hockey play and a dirty play is.
I don't understand your question (from the previous post).

Swinging your stick into someone's face is not a "hockey play" and is seen as one of the more dangerous things you can do. And if Carter had actually broken Keith's hand (it wasn't a slash, he was just trying to make it hard for him to grab the glove), you'd imagine that Keith would have been in too much pain to do any stick work.

Not sure if that answers anything for you, though.

I don't understand your question (from the previous post).

Swinging your stick into someone's face is not a "hockey play" and is seen as one of the more dangerous things you can do. And if Carter had actually broken Keith's hand (it wasn't a slash, he was just trying to make it hard for him to grab the glove), you'd imagine that Keith would have been in too much pain to do any stick work.

Not sure if that answers anything for you, though.

my fault, I was talking about Carter hitting Keiths hand (if that was dirty or not), and if that play would also factor into the hearing today. I knew Keith's stick to the face of Carter was a penalty, though I'm curious to see if he gets a suspension.

EDIT: interesting, alright i'm off to work

Socreges

Banned
my fault, I was talking about Carter hitting Keiths hand (if that was dirty or not), and if that play would also factor into the hearing today. I knew Keith's stick to the face of Carter was a penalty, though I'm curious to see if he gets a suspension.
It's not dirty, it's not clean, it's 'rat' behaviour. The kind of stuff you can do to your opponent to frustrate them without getting a penalty. It won't factor into the hearing at all since Keith's whack was such a huge escalation.

cube444

Anyone with half a brain can tell that Crosby is a douche type but he masks it well. Having said that, anyone at that level has an ego which fuels them to be as good as they can be.

It's just hilarious how we see the "real" Crosby when things don't go his way as seen versus Philly during last season's playoffs and the first game versus the Bruins in this series.

The little elitist privileged child in him will always come out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone with half a brain can tell that Crosby is a douche type but he masks it well. Having said that, anyone at that level has an ego which fuels them to be as good as they can be.

It's just hilarious how we see the "real" Crosby when things don't go his way as seen versus Philly during last season's playoffs and the first game versus the Bruins in this series.

The little elitist privileged child in him will always come out.
It's all that pent up sexual aggression in him.

Top Bottom