• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Draconian

Football's about strategy and tension/release (will they or won't they) moments. It's slower-paced but way more exciting IMO.

I also found myself enjoying football much more once I understood the rules and strategies.

While this is true, the NFL is obnoxious with the amount of commercials it has. In particular, commercials after kickoffs are infuriating.

zychi

Banned
Lol, I love stuff like Tebow beating the Steelers. There are definitely more upsets in the NFL.

Football being like chess is very accurate.

I should also clarify the NFL is my favorite league. I could watch football ALLLL day.

But NHL playoff hockey is king of the playoffs imo.

Hunter S.

Broncos are great. Avalanche suck, Kroinke sucks. So I prefer my winning team at the moment of course. My favorite. sport has flipped between the two multiple times my whole life.

This overtime has been great, and I wish THIS is the kind of game the NHL would enforce in the playoffs. Great open play, back and forth, with next to no clutching and grabbing. You can have awesome (playoff) hockey without any of that shit, as is being proven right now.

LA's looked tired these past few shifts, and Chicago's clogged up the neutral zone and rushed back into the offensive zone the moment they take back possession. If LA isn't getting an odd man rush, then they're going to have to dump and chase pretty soon.

Acid08

Banned
Is imagine that people following the 8th most popular sport in the US would like some attention, but I'm sure an exclusionary, elitist attitude will help the sport to grow.
Sacrificing the popularity of our beloved sport to make fun of shitty LA troglodytes is worth it.

Top Bottom