• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Frolik, Kruger and Toews were seriously on a line together?

Yep. And all three were absolutely useless. Quenneville eventually put Toews and Kane on a line together and they actually had a few decent chances, then pulled them apart again and went to his stupid ass line of Toews, Kruger and Frolik.

Also, Chara left the ice for a few minutes (in the first, I think) or so because of what might have been an equipment problem and instead of sending out his scorers like Toews, Kane and Sharp to take advantage, he doesn't because he is too blind to even realize that the massive dude that towers over everyone isn't on the bench or on the ice. By the time he realized, if at all, Chara is back and beating down everyone. Piss poor coaching.

sammich

Well on CBC they kinda gave a reason for that which i also thought was the case, to lure Chara away from the other lines, but eventually you just gotta say Fuck it and go all out and try and do something offensively. As frustrating as it was though they still had a few decent chances that they completely missed the net on which didnt help at all.

Well on CBC they kinda gave a reason for that which i also thought was the case, to lure Chara away from the other lines, but eventually you just gotta say Fuck it and go all out and try and do something offensively. As frustrating as it was though they still had a few decent chances that they completely missed the net on which didnt help at all.

They looked lost and confused. I get the point of trying to mix up scoring to spread it out, but in this case, you need as much firepower on one line as possible.

I just worry that they won't crack that barrier and Quenneville will continue to mix and match lines trying to find something instead of just letting players use some chemistry to make something work. They seem to have lost the ability to score and it makes me really concerned for the next game. They have to win the next game or the series is over. Bruins are too good for the Hawks to come back from 3-1.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Quenneville is a dumbass too. The TSN guys were hammering him over why the hell he wouldn't put Kane, Toews and Sharp on one line and try to generate some offensive pressure. Instead he mixed and matched lines for the entire game and barely put those three together. Bruins play so well because the lines are barely changed and they have all that chemistry... Quenneville? CHANGE THEM ALL UP ALL THE TIME!
I know that feel, bro. Fortunately for us, it's the Rangers' problem now.

Marvie_3

Banned
They looked lost and confused. I get the point of trying to mix up scoring to spread it out, but in this case, you need as much firepower on one line as possible.

I just worry that they won't crack that barrier and Quenneville will continue to mix and match lines trying to find something instead of just letting players use some chemistry to make something work. They seem to have lost the ability to score and it makes me really concerned for the next game. They have to win the next game or the series is over. Bruins are too good for the Hawks to come back from 3-1.
This is one of my biggest complaints with him. Instead of rolling with the lines that were working all year, he constantly fucks with them. The minute he put Toews out there with Frolik/Kruger, Stan Bowman should have walked down to the bench and fired him. Then Scotty can go down and replace him for the rest of the series.

ShaneB

Yeah, getting around to listening to Hockeycentral now, and they're ripping into Q for his baffling line choices and roster moves.

TSN is reporting that Hossa's injury may be neck-related, but Quenneville has stated that he believes Hossa will play next game. Let us hope he does and he brings some fire with him.

Yeah, getting around to listening to Hockeycentral now, and they're ripping into Q for his baffling line choices and roster moves.

Yep. He should be called out for it. He needs to go back to some lines that worked and just let them play.

This is one of my biggest complaints with him. Instead of rolling with the lines that were working all year, he constantly fucks with them. The minute he put Toews out there with Frolik/Kruger, Stan Bowman should have walked down to the bench and fired him. Then Scotty can go down and replace him for the rest of the series.

Agreed. He keeps trying to fix what isn't really broken. Not every line is going to score, but at least they are working together to try and find a way through and letting the chemistry build. Hawks are in the Stanley Cup Final so these lines should be pretty solid but instead he keeps tinkering with them and breaking that flow. If they are starting to build something, he just pulls one guy and tosses another one on. So frustrating and it damn straight cost them the game last night.

Would be nice to see Kane and Toews start to get some points... team won't win if they can't get going. They have one game to do so.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It amazes me that these coaches make Chara out to be some mythical beast you will never be able to beat, so instead of testing that, they play right into and switch up their entire gameplan to counter one guy.

Hawks are on the road so they won't get any preferable matchups. They just have to hope their top guys can score. I was surprised that Quenneville juggled the lines so fast after losing Game 2.

And Crawford basically has to pitch a shutout every game to beat the Bruins. In 2011 the Canucks fluked out 3 wins because Luongo was godlike. Caps won in 2012 because Holtby was sensational. Reimer almost won the series for the Leafs. Right now Crawford is playing like Vokoun did last round: not the reason his team is losing, but not the reason his team is winning, either.

Unrealistic? Yes. But when the margin of error is razor-thin and goals are at a premium, you can't even give up 2 goals.

Hawks are on the road so they won't get any preferable matchups. They just have to hope their top guys can score. I was surprised that Quenneville juggled the lines so fast after losing Game 2.

And Crawford basically has to pitch a shutout every game to beat the Bruins. In 2011 the Canucks fluked out 3 wins because Luongo was godlike. Caps won in 2012 because Holtby was sensational. Reimer almost won the series for the Leafs. Right now Crawford is playing like Vokoun did last round: not the reason his team is losing, but not the reason his team is winning, either.

Unrealistic? Yes. But when the margin of error is razor-thin and goals are at a premium, you can't even give up 2 goals.

Crawford isn't really the problem. I mean, yeah it would be nice if he shut out the Bruins but considering the talent on that team, two goals is respectable. He is keeping the team in it as much as he can and he is playing his heart out. The rest of the team has let him and themselves down. If the Bruins score, then the Hawks need to answer. Or, the Hawks score and start playing strong defense. The defense for the Hawks broke down on the first goal in Game 3 and then couldn't follow a pass from Jagr on the Bruins PP. Defense needs to play better and the offense need to score goals.

Tawpgun

It amazes me that these coaches make Chara out to be some mythical beast you will never be able to beat, so instead of testing that, they play right into and switch up their entire gameplan to counter one guy.

jXvQmGa.gif

Yep. Bruins are way too good for Chicago to come back from down 1-3 against.

I'm feeling very nervous. I know the team has the skill to compete and outplay the Bruins as evident in the first period in Game 2, but they need to play like that all game and not fuck up once.. and they couldn't even do that at home in the UC let alone on the road.

Just found all my sports sections and my rally towel from game 1 of the 2010 Finals. No excuses tonight. Hawks need to win the game and take game 5 at the UC.

Toews needs to fight through his wrist injury from Heatley's shitty slash (likely, at least) and get going. Kane needs to finish. Q needs to stop fucking with the lines and put the LA lines back together and the PP needs to get shots on net. Can't go down 3-1 to Boston.

Just found all my sports sections and my rally towel from game 1 of the 2010 Finals. No excuses tonight. Hawks need to win the game and take game 5 at the UC.

Toews needs to fight through his wrist injury from Heatley's shitty slash (likely, at least) and get going. Kane needs to finish. Q needs to stop fucking with the lines and put the LA lines back together and the PP needs to get shots on net. Can't go down 3-1 to LA.

Sounds to me like you need to make a sacrifice for your cause. May I suggest a ceremonial burning?

Marvie_3

Banned

Toews needs to fight through his wrist injury from Heatley's shitty slash (likely, at least) and get going. Kane needs to finish. Q needs to stop fucking with the lines and put the LA lines back together and the PP needs to get shots on net. Can't go down 3-1 to LA.

jSo5utsQEfLdY.png

ShaneB

Let's go Hawks. I bought wings for Saturday, let me enjoy them for a tied series, instead of feeling like a slob and pigging out if you're down 3-1.

TheFatOne

After having some solid games Seguin goes right back into the doghouse. For a guy with his talent he has been absolute garbage most of the playoffs.

Top Bottom