• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

TheFatOne

Still feel great about the Bruins. They can't keep playing shit defense like that though. Bruins showed a lot of heart tonight even though they didn't play their best. Seguin is still soft as hell though. He could be such a great player if he played harder in the corners.

Edit:After seeing the last goal a few more times. Rask definitely should have had that. Wasn't a great shot, and he saw it. Should have made the save.

TheFatOne

The Bruins definitely found something on Crawford though, and that is why I feel pretty good about their chances in the series.I sound like a broken record, but they just have to tighten up on defense. Chicago hasn't been able to clear the puck all series, and if they just play solid defense Chicago will screw it up eventually.

TheFatOne

This may sound crazy but if the Bruins win I think Bergeron should win the Conn Smythe. He has been a beast the entire playoffs.

Edit:Blackhawk fans is Toews hurt? Or is he just sucking?He has been awful most of the series. Defensively he is still good, but he is bringing nothing offensively.

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone else think that Crawford should be benched next game?
Why the fuck should Crawford get benched because Chicago's defense couldn't stop gifting Boston great chances?

This may sound crazy but if the Bruins win I think Bergeron should win the Conn Smythe. He has been a beast the entire playoffs.

Edit:Blackhawk fans is Toews hurt? Or is he just sucking?He has been awful most of the series. Defensively he is still good, but he is bringing nothing offensively.
Possibly. Throughout the playoffs he's looked off sometimes and other times it's just bad puck luck. Getting matched up against solid defensive centers like Boston has isn't helping either.

The Bruins definitely found something on Crawford though, and that is why I feel pretty good about their chances in the series.I sound like a broken record, but they just have to tighten up on defense. Chicago hasn't been able to clear the puck all series, and if they just play solid defense Chicago will screw it up eventually.

You can say the same of the hawks and Rask getting 6 goals on him.

Revenant

Why the fuck should Crawford get benched because Chicago's defense couldn't stop gifting Boston great chances?

well hey you could put in the guy who hasn't played since late april....what about that idea marvie? The way i see it ray emery is just bursting at the seams with saves.

ShaneB

I hope the ratings were high for this game, this has been an incredible series

The ratings for Game 2 where the highest NBC has ever had for hockey, if the series stays close I would like to think that number will get even higher. This was another great game, so it looks to be that way.

Well, first off please don't take my question personally, you seem to take it personally. Second, because crawford has been allowing way to many goals these past 3 games. There is no reason why he couldn't have stopped that game tying goal late in the 3rd period as well.

TheFatOne

Well, first off please don't take my question personally, you seem to take it personally. Second, because crawford has been allowing way to many goals these past 3 games. There is no reason why he couldn't have stopped that game tying goal late in the 3rd period as well.

Way to early for this kind of talk. He let in some brutal goals tonight, but the defense in front of him didn't help at all. Both teams were pretty horrific on defense today.

Marvie_3

Banned
Didn't take it personally. It was just a dumb question. Benching him because the whole team is playing like shit is just ridiculous.

If you've seen the way the rest of the team has been playing, you'd realize that this isn't just Crawford. Yeah, there's been a couple goals that he should have had, but there's only so much any goalie can do when the team in front of you is giving it their all in trying to set new records for defensive zone turnovers.

Crawford is arguably the biggest reason Chicago has gotten this far. He was the only Hawk that showed up in Game 3. The fact that Boston only scored 2 goals is pretty damn amazing considering how lopsided that play was.

He's not taking it personally, he's just acknowledging that its a stupid question

Slurmer

Banned

The latter I think. He did the same in 2010 vs. Mike Richards' line. Didn't do anything offensively but played great d.

Didn't take it personally. It was just a dumb question. Benching him because the whole team is playing like shit is just ridiculous.

If you've seen the way the rest of the team has been playing, you'd realize that this isn't just Crawford. Yeah, there's been a couple goals that he should have had, but there's only so much any goalie can do when the team in front of you is giving it their all in trying to set new records for defensive zone turnovers.

Crawford is arguably the biggest reason Chicago has gotten this far. He was the only Hawk that showed up in Game 3. The fact that Boston only scored 2 goals is pretty damn amazing considering how lopsided that play was.

Yeah, not a dumb question. If you take this way to personally please feel free to ignore me. Anyways, crawford should be benched.

Healy makes it seem like only Reimer and Crawford can't make glove saves, but hasn't it been proven that the majority of goals go in glove side?

Anyways, I'm glad the Hawks won, I'm going to a wedding Saturday and didn't want it to be an elimination game that night

Hope the Hawks keep scoring and Crow tightens up. Boston doesn't want to let the Hawks get a stranglehold. Players like Kane seem to elevate their game a ton in elimination games.

Q needs to stop fucking with Leddy at this point in the season. Can't screw his confidence up now and we won't win the series with 5 dmen or Sheldon fucking Brookbank.

Hope the Hawks keep scoring and Crow tightens up. Boston doesn't want to let the Hawks get a stranglehold. Players like Kane seem to elevate their game a ton in elimination games.

Q needs to stop fucking with Leddy at this point in the season. Can't screw his confidence up now and we won't win the series with 5 dmen or Sheldon fucking Brookbank.

I just vomited. HELL NO!

A couple of those goals weren't even his fault. The idea of benching him is just stupid.

Agreed, but a couple were kinda soft, and Emery is no slouch. If Q thought Emery could come in and be energized it could be worth pulling Crawford for playing below where they'd want him to be.

I'm not suggesting Crawford has been bad overall per se, but it does seem like a valid consideration.

Top Bottom