• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Crazy game, both teams were tired.

Pens will come back next game and win. Not worried. Keep a chin up boys, you played great.

This is a super close match now that karlsson, Spezza and Andersson have woken up! I am so proud of the Sens! Even if we lose this series at least we aren't swept and weren't an easy win.

Smash88

Banned
I'd put the blame on Bylsma for this one. Terrible coaching decisions made on that power play to end regulation.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. In OT2 we also didn't come out as hard as OT1. Some defensive slips. It was an awesome game to watch. The series is turning out to be really fun to watch, rather than a one-sided sweep (not that I would complain about that either - but this is more fun).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Jason Spezza made a visible difference for the Sens. Suddenly we had another legit scoring line for the Pens to worry about with him in the lineup.

Penguins had a chance to pretty much wrap up the series tonight, and they just gave Ottawa all the momentum. That'll bite them in the ass.

BTW, why is Karlsson so shit? The only time I noticed him was when he was missing passes and turning the puck over.

Oh he was FAR worse before this game. You should have seen him in game 1 and 2. At least he isn't AHL level dreadful now. Did some good stuff.

Velcro Fly

I still can't even believe the way the Penguins played at the end of the third. I mean you pretty much have the game gift wrapped with even a little effort with the puck and you just dump and run back to your own blue line and wait for the play. Really not sure what they were doing. Tons of chances for both teams in OT but the Sens get it done. Pens responded well in the OT after getting caught napping at the end of the game. Think they'll bounce back and finish a little better in game 4.

Smash88

Banned
Stay classy NHL.com

HiROUhu.jpg

EDIT: I would totally do the podcast, but I have nothing constructive to add to it. Unless you want me to be quiet for most of it.

Cake Boss

Banned
WOOOOOOOOOOOOGNDBDHDHFHDKKDK

FJDJSJSJUUYYYRBBDBNDKLDPGKGKKR

GETTING WASTED TONIGHT WOOOOK

VICTORIA SUCK ON MY DICK!!!!!!$ WOOOOOOOOO

Alucard

Banned
Good game, Sens. You fuckers played your hearts out. This one hurts a bit, but I've no doubt the Pens will brush themselves off and come out even harder on Wednesday. Anderson saved your asses tonight, as a playoff goalie should. Vokoun equally gave the Pens a chance.

I'm disappointed, but the series lead still feels good. Sens held their serve in their first home game. Let's see if they can do it in their second.

P.S. Ref conspiracy theorists showing up throughout this game is awesome. The deeper the Pens get, the more of this I expect.

Smash88

Banned
Good game, Sens. You fuckers played your hearts out. This one hurts a bit, but I've no doubt the Pens will brush themselves off and come out even harder on Wednesday. Anderson saved your asses tonight, as a playoff goalie should. Vokoun equally gave the Pens a chance.

I'm disappointed, but the series lead still feels good. Sens held their serve in their first home game. Let's see if they can do it in their second.

P.S. Ref conspiracy theorists showing up throughout this game is awesome. The deeper the Pens get, the more of this I expect.

WOAH THERE ALUCARD! I BET BETTMAN POSTED THIS FOR YOU. HURR HURR

See I'm funny.

GG. Was one of the best games of the playoffs. I think I only Leafs vs Bruins game 7 compares to this.

Who thinks this is going to game 7?

Penguins had a chance to pretty much wrap up the series tonight, and they just gave Ottawa all the momentum. That'll bite them in the ass.

BTW, why is Karlsson so shit? The only time I noticed him was when he was missing passes and turning the puck over.

Guy was off the ice for 2.5 months. You don't just flip a switch. The first few games you run on adrenaline, but then you start to burn out. I don't think he should be playing the minutes he has, but it's not like MacLean has a choice.

Same thing with Spezza, though I think with his injury history he'll adjust faster.

Quick

Banned
Bring some SALT to the podcast with Smash, then retire the name afterwards, because it would have been extremely over-used at that point.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Guy was off the ice for 2.5 months. You don't just flip a switch. The first few games you run on adrenaline, but then you start to burn out. I don't think he should be playing the minutes he has, but it's not like MacLean has a choice.

Same thing with Spezza, though I think with his injury history he'll adjust faster.

Spezza was only played for 18 minutes tonight. 18 minutes in a game that went to double OT. Unless MacLean ramps up his playtime considerably, I think he'll be fine. Karlsson on the other hand was out there for 38 minutes.

Socreges

Banned
That was an awesome game. We had to stop it, start recording, and then watch the last 10 min of the 3rd + OT while being about an hour behind. Two people were dumb enough to check their phones and had it spoiled.

While it was 1-0 with a minute left, Pens on the PP, and with a couple people were saying "Bah, it's over", someone that had said she already knew what was going to happen blurts out "Hey, anything can happen!" -- goddamn idiot

Spezza was only played for 18 minutes tonight. 18 minutes in a game that went to double OT. Unless MacLean ramps up his playtime considerably, I think he'll be fine. Karlsson on the other hand was out there for 38 minutes.

First game back I'd expect sheltered minutes. If things go south though MacLean will ride him hard.

Not sure why Karlsson played so much tonight and only 15 minutes Friday in a game decided by one goal. Perhaps he was terrible in Game 2.

Yes I'm hilarious.

Obligatory for Quick: SALT SALT SALT.

I know you guys secretly want to hear my sexy voice.

Stop trying so hard and chill the fuck out.

You're like the fat loud kid at school who at the start of every year tries to hang around the popular kids and gets told to fuck off a few days later.

Socreges

Banned
So Crosby's tongue was detached from his jaw? Is that true?

So messed that the face of the NHL got fucked up like pretty much no player before him. Ever.

Stop trying so hard and chill the fuck out.

You're like the fat loud kid at school who at the start of every year tries to hang around the popular kids and gets told to fuck off a few days later.
He really does remind me of Tabris.

No, Tabris is the docile inbetweener with a permanent goofy grin that says a whole load of dumb shit, and then when everyone rolls their eyes he'd either brag about his parents money or make up something to try and be interesting.

Top Bottom