• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Sanjuro

No, he talked about it with the media after, said he landed on it awkwardly. The refs held up the play on that one to let him shake it off too.

Hank basically says it's sore, and so is everybody else. Expect him in net tomorrow.

I'm expecting him in net unless he is dead. Just expecting someone of the NY media to link the shoulder to his performance.

Bruins have looked far more impressive than expected on the offensive end (sans a couple foolish turnovers yesterday). Henrik, while down, has still looked fairly spectacular.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm expecting him in net unless he is dead. Just expecting someone of the NY media to link the shoulder to his performance.

Nah, everybody seems to be pretty perfectly aware that it was defensive fuck ups and really nice plays by Boston that did the job. Game 1 had a couple of goals that you could say he'd probably want back. Game 2 he wasn't given much of a chance by his team on almost all of them. Lundqvist wasn't playing at his absolute best (he could have stopped one or two of them if he was as locked in as he can sometimes be), but there's only so much one handsome man can do.

There are lots of problems that need fixing. Henrik Lundqvist isn't one of them.

Sanjuro

Nah, everybody seems to be pretty perfectly aware that it was defensive fuck ups and really nice plays by Boston that did the job. Game 1 had a couple of goals that you could say he'd probably want back. Game 2 he wasn't given much of a chance by his team on almost all of them. Lundqvist wasn't playing at his absolute best (he could have stopped one or two of them if he was as locked in as he can sometimes be), but there's only so much one handsome man can do.

There are lots of problems that need fixing. Henrik Lundqvist isn't one of them.

Last night, I only saw a good Ranger team for maybe a couple minutes in the second period. That was it.

Cake Boss

Banned
ikdy1Cbd4kzlw.gif

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

iJQPtC8XFc6ga.gif

The old Jacque Martin Sens would have never dreamed about pulling that win off in the playoffs.

This team is much different, so much heart. Wooooooooooooooooooo And goaltending.

cube444

Feels even better when the referees did everything they could to help Pittsburgh. Mario trying to get a refund as we speak.

Pens and their fans are EASILY the most annoying in the entire league. Such a sense of entitlement, especially when things don't go their way.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good news, bad news.

Good news: Girardi and Del Zotto have been broken up. Girardi is back on the normal top pairing with McDonagh again. Really kind of a no brainer, considering that pairing was on the ice for ALL FIVE goals.

Bad news: No NHL team has ever come back from down 0-2 to win consecutive series in a single playoff year.

Alucard

Banned
Feels even better when the referees did everything they could to help Pittsburgh. Mario trying to get a refund as we speak.

The only one whining about anything seems to be you. Almost every one of your posts is about how the Pens are using the refs, how the refs are favouring the Pens, etc. and almost zero posts about how YOUR FUCKING TEAM is actually playing. Makes you sound as insecure as a 15-year-old overweight girl at cheerleader tryouts.

Pens and their fans are EASILY the most annoying in the entire league. Such a sense of entitlement, especially when things don't go their way.

No sense of entitlement, man. Nothing is "deserved." It's earned. If anything, Pens fans are annoyed when their players have the sense of entitlement you're talking about because it usually bites the team in the ass.

am I the only one who thinks Vokoun has outplayed Anderson overall??

In the first two games, yeah. Last night? Pretty even, though I think Vokoun had a little more puck luck.

The only one whining about anything seems to be you. Almost every one of your posts is about how the Pens are using the refs, how the refs are favouring the Pens, etc. and almost zero posts about how YOUR FUCKING TEAM is actually playing. Makes you sound as insecure as a 15-year-old overweight girl at cheerleader tryouts.

I talk about my team's play all the time and I can also occasionally vent about BS reffing like any other fan existence, especially after the crap I saw last night.

Maybe if you weren't so busy posting your shitty GIFs and photoshops you'd notice.

am I the only one who thinks Vokoun has outplayed Anderson overall??

Tough call. Anderson isn't as good as he was against Montreal but I didn't expect him to maintain a 0.950ish save percentage and Vokoun is playing well.

Our offence just sucks, they miss the net so much I wonder if they all need their eyes checked.

Hopefully they will play better now that they won a game and Spezza being back.

Alucard

Banned
But but we have no fans

A Pens player could pull a gun out and shoot someone on the ice and the other team would get a penalty for diving.

Refs really want Clitsburgh to win don't they ?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Need to up the payments to the refs some more Pens.

166766_original.gif

KaYotiX

Banned
The refs all year have been shit across the NHL this year... Not sure why we should expect anything different in the playoffs.

Stasis

Good news, bad news.

Good news: Girardi and Del Zotto have been broken up. Girardi is back on the normal top pairing with McDonagh again. Really kind of a no brainer, considering that pairing was on the ice for ALL FIVE goals.

Bad news: No NHL team has ever come back from down 0-2 to win consecutive series in a single playoff year.

Interesting stat. Perhaps premature of me, but this really should have been a tighter series. I was expecting pretty much all games to be 1 goal games. Never thought we'd see a 5-2 lead from Boston against Hank. But then I didn't think we'd ever come back from being down 0-2 to the Caps either, so who knows. At this point I'm just looking forward to 2 games at MSG and hopefully some better performances, win or lose.

As to earlier discussion, I really think Richards needs to be bought out this off-season and I believe that will be the case due to injury risk. He can't be traded either, due to the retirement cap hit transfer. He'll sign elsewhere I'm sure, his career isn't over... but it really seems like it is in NYC, for whatever reason. I don't know if it's all him, or all circumstance, or a mix of both. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent. All I know is it's a huge risk to take for that salary and the smarter move is to run with Step/Brass, hopefully Miller, and see who else can be brought in to shore that up. I'm looking forward to this off-season. I like the core we have now and I think we can be great with a few small changes/additions.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
This sucks, the feed I normally use while at work is totally tanking right now. Just keeps skipping and pausing. And of course it ALWAYS pauses right when a big play is about to happen, never fails.

Top Bottom