• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So Crosby's tongue was detached from his jaw? Is that true?

So messed that the face of the NHL got fucked up like pretty much no player before him. Ever.

He really does remind me of Tabris.

wat. I don't even. How does that even work? Like... wat?

My vagina ia beleeding so hard copy ith you r b g blacj austarialiab dic in me. Lokokokikikkilllll

... wait, you have a big black australian dick in you? is that what I'm reading here?

RC

Banned
You really need to handle your liquor better. Give the impression that you've had only one beer, rather than seven.

I've had seven beers.

Smiley90

You really need to handle your liquor better. Give the impression that you've had only one beer, rather than seven.

I've had seven beers.

As long as you can still count them, you haven't had enough yet. I start losing track at around 7-10, usually.

Smiley90

So, uh, this Krug guy seems pretty good or whatever.

bnco4k0.gif

iVuXjukP3d4CD.gif

Alucard

Banned
Anderson was the difference last night. Stopped a Crosby breakaway and stopped Malkin muLtiple times. Then there the Pens' "almost" chances. Cooke fanning on two shots, and Dupuis hitting the post in OT. If any one those shots go in, we're at 3-0 Pens this morning. But it wasn't to be.

As a neutral fan, last night was awesome for hockey. Both teams drained their tanks and gave it their all.

Merguson

Banned
Brad Richards played 10:34 minutes of ice-time yesterday. Been like that the last four games.

Either he's playing hurt or he's really dropped off in New York. 1 point in 9 games. He's typically solid in the playoffs from what I can tell.

Is there any way he isn't bought out within two years if this is kept up?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Anderson was the difference last night. Stopped a Crosby breakaway and stopped Malkin muLtiple times. Then there the Pens' "almost" chances. Cooke fanning on two shots, and Dupuis hitting the post in OT. If any one those shots go in, we're at 3-0 Pens this morning. But it wasn't to be.

As a neutral fan, last night was awesome for hockey. Both teams drained their tanks and gave it their all.

Well it goes both ways, if the Sens didn't stupidly waste those open net chances, the game would have been over far earlier.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Richards played 10:34 minutes of ice-time yesterday. Been like that the last four games.

Either he's playing hurt or he's really dropped off in New York. 1 point in 9 games. He's typically solid in the playoffs from what I can tell.

Is there any way he isn't bought out within two years if this is kept up?
He was the team leader in points in last year's playoffs with 15. 1 point so far this year.

I've been saying for most of the season that he would be gone after next year's offseason. Now I'm not sure if he doesn't just get bought out this summer. We don't have a whole lot of free agents we need to deal with this year (and a ton that need dealing with next year), so they might just get it over with now.

He is quite literally useless right now. He can't play in the top 9. He can't match up with any 4th line in the league because of the incompatible styles of play. He's useless as a point on the power play because he has no confidence in his game. He's not particularly defensively minded or able to pitch in much on the backcheck. Literally utterly useless unless he suddenly turns things around out of nowhere.

That being said, there isn't really anybody else to replace him with. The only viable option available right now is Kris Newbury, who could center that 4th line and at least make it more physical. That doesn't bring anything to the offense or the power play, though.

Acid08

Banned
Alfredsson, Brown, and Toews are finalists for the Messier Award. Douchetin Browneye leading his team by cheap shotting example!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No Staal, Clowe, or Powe on the ice at practice.

Yeah, we're pretty much done. There has been NOTHING on Ryane Clowe's condition for days and days and days now. Can't be good.

I feel like this would be a radically different series with Staal and Clowe in the lineup.

EDIT: Darroll Powe came out and skated with the extras after practice. So that's at least a good thing. Wouldn't expect him back any time soon, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was just speculation, never really heard when it exactly happened.

No, he talked about it with the media after, said he landed on it awkwardly. The refs held up the play on that one to let him shake it off too.

Hank basically says it's sore, and so is everybody else. Expect him in net tomorrow.

Top Bottom