• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ref gave him a warning off the faceoff, then he did it two more times which gave him the penalty. Blame your dumbass players, not the refs for this one.

Losing by 2 with a minute to go, put Bickell on the ice, he is sure to do something stupid and put you shorthanded.

Chicago not very good at gooning it up at the end, need to take lessons from the Pens.

Velcro Fly

Bickell is stupid because there had been pushing and shoving and hitting in front of the net for a couple stoppages before the one that lead to penalties. You were winning faceoffs and had pressure and a full minute of 6 on 5 left and you take a stupid penalty for something after the play. Just a boneheaded play letting your emotions get the best of you at the end of the game when your team needs you.

6ogHRxR.gif

calder

Lol, people think those who live in Detroit are hockey fans? Hahaha

I've never been to Detroit, but everything I know about the US tells me that whitey suburbanites are the ones with all the guns. At my inlaws place at Christmas the neighbors were telling us about all the guns they own "to protect our farm" and i could only wonder was "from what, zombies?!" It was trippy. They were a middle aged couple on a small horse ranch and they owned 3 AR15s, smh.

But anyway, come the fuck on Chicago.

Why were there so many empty seats?

Yet the crowd was still louder than the one in Chicago. Game was probably sold out, most of those are business seats from companies around the area who have season tickets and sometimes they don't fill them, happens quite a bit but attendance is usually 100% still.

Anyways....

SERIES LEAD!!!!

Still expect Chicago to take it but it is nice to know we can actually beat the Hawks in a few games. Also Hawks HFboard is good for some lol's right now.

SA-X

Yet the crowd was still louder than the one in Chicago. Game was probably sold out, most of those are business seats from companies around the area who have season tickets and sometimes they don't fill them, happens quite a bit but attendance is usually 100% still.
Yeah, it always blows trying to buy Wings tickets because there is maybe five total available and then you show up to the game and half the lower bowl is empty due to corporate douches not showing up.

I still like that they were actually engaged at the end. Was just shitty luck on some bounces and the refs fucked us over a few times. Not too worried. If they lose 4, we're completely fucked though.

calder

Why were there so many empty seats?

Thank god, sometimes I feel like I'm the only me who notices the attendance at so many arenas. Boston had dozens, if not hundreds, of empty lower bowl seats for a game 7, Pittsburgh fans apparently don't show up for the second round much more than they do for the first, Detroit as noted, and I heard a rumor that you could buy tickets outside Scotiabank for face value minutes before game 3 started (but the arena looked basically packed at least so maybe not).

Lingering lock out impact? Soft markets (for Pittsburgh I'd say yes)? Spoiled fanbases? All of the above? I honestly think most markets have tickets that are overpriced by 5-10% and teams are going to realize that in a few years.

Marvie_3

Banned
Thank god, sometimes I feel like I'm the only me who notices the attendance at so many arenas. Boston had dozens, if not hundreds, of empty lower bowl seats for a game 7, Pittsburgh fans apparently don't show up for the second round much more than they do for the first, Detroit as noted, and I heard a rumor that you could buy tickets outside Scotiabank for face value minutes before game 3 started (but the arena looked basically packed at least so maybe not).

Lingering lock out impact? Soft markets (for Pittsburgh I'd say yes)? Spoiled fanbases? All of the above? I honestly think most markets have tickets that are overpriced by 5-10% and teams are going to realize that in a few years.

Part of it is the corporate ticket no shows and I'd guess part of it comes from scalper sites sitting on tons of tickets that dont sell due to mark up.

Cake Boss

Banned
Thank god, sometimes I feel like I'm the only me who notices the attendance at so many arenas. Boston had dozens, if not hundreds, of empty lower bowl seats for a game 7.

Probably had to do with the team being down 4-1 with 9 minutes left in the game.

calder

Part of it is the corporate ticket no shows and I'd guess part of it comes from scalper sites sitting on tons of tickets that dont sell due to mark up.

I definitely felt that could be the case for the game 7 in Boston - easy to imagine scalper/resellers holding on and getting stuck with unsold seats after the quick turnaround meant there weren't as many Toronto fans able to go to Boston and willing to pay big markup.

Socreges

Banned

Anyways....

SERIES LEAD!!!!

Still expect Chicago to take it but it is nice to know we can actually beat the Hawks in a few games. Also Hawks HFboard is good for some lol's right now.
I'm sure that's true. But they would have gotten them not too long ago, this is Round 2, and there were a TON of empty seats. The people who own those tickets, if there are so many that can't /won't go, normally can sell or give them away, so to see so many empty seats was bizarre.

Hawks have to come out on fire on Thursday and score early and often or the Wings are moving on. Team just looks flat and straight up bad compared to the Wings.

I'm sure that's true. But they would have gotten them not too long ago, this is Round 2, and there were a TON of empty seats. The people who own those tickets, if there are so many that can't /won't go, normally can sell or give them away, so to see so many empty seats was bizarre.

Nope, it is. Its a topic that's discussed every playoff year on the local sports station.

Top Bottom