• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

z8zFN0t.png

Cheering for the jets?

Huge point here. Thought the Blues were going to get a go ahead goal like 10 times after the Jets tied. Now let's get the extra point!

Indeed I am. I've been a fan of them since they moved to Winnipeg. Because Edmonton shows no signs of improving, they have become my favourite team.

Samyy

Who is 91 on Winnipeg?
Lol just watched the Blues player go past him

I just realized Minnesota has 5 skaters on its active roster that they drafted. That is insanely low for a playoff team in the salary cap era.

Can't think of many other teams who got guys like Suter and Parise in FA recently

Samyy

If Arizona somehow gets McDavid I'm going to be so pissed, it'll be in the back of my mind it was rigged forever.

Meh still better the Edmonton

Also, on a sidenote, I'm kinda angry about all this anger against tanking. (lol)

The fundamental structure of the NHL is such that there really is very few other opportunities to reconstruct a team. The cap makes it almost impossible to do in FA, barely any substantial trades are made anymore. I don't know how the NHL can hate tanking and not see that the very system they've chosen for to be the base for their league inherently promotes tanking.

Lets just switch to a luxury tax system already!

Syrinx

Arizona could be fun as hell to watch with McDavid, Domi, and Duclair. And I feel like McDavid would get his due national attention even if he doesn't spark Arizona's hockey market.

Arizona would be a much better destination for him than Edmonton or Toronto imo. But Carolina would be best cus fuck your teams.

zroid

Banned
Arizona could be fun as hell to watch with McDavid, Domi, and Duclair. And I feel like McDavid would get his due national attention even if he doesn't spark Arizona's hockey market.

Arizona would be a much better destination for him than Edmonton or Toronto imo. But Carolina would be best cus fuck your teams.

The Yotes are probably moving in a few years anyways

also you guys need to stop trying to rob McDavid of his dream :p

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

This

I'm actually rooting for Arizona to get McDavid, perfect situation for him and the team.

Erdrick

My gosh, Jets... I nearly jumped out of my chair there. One of the best displays of determination and intensity this side of a Jets/Blackhawks game.

Super important 2 points there to keep in the race... Time to have a few drinks to celebrate.

#91 is Jiri Tlusty, BTW. We picked him up just before the trade deadline a few days prior. I think we gave the Hurricanes a draft pick in exchange? He's been ok so far.

Don't forget Pheonix is turning into Seattle/Quebec soon, regardless if they get McDavid.

They will probably be moved to Las Vegas, or...

Bettman: The the announcement you've all been waiting for, a city long awaiting a return to the NHL....

*People get excited*

Bettman: The NHL is returning to Atlanta!

zroid

Banned
If I had to guess, Seattle will be an expansion team a couple years after Vegas. And the Yotes will move to Milwaukee.

Erdrick

Contract year Stafford is the best Stafford.

Thanks for him and Myers. They've both been awesome so far for us.

Uhh... Sorry in advance for Kane and his antics that you'll have to endure. Bogo is good though, just hope he keeps his head out of partying and women and more on the game in the ice.

Samyy

Wow didn't realize Sean Day played for the Mississauga Steelheads, might be a top 5 pick next year, should maybe go to a game :eek:

Though it seems like hes the most underwelming exceptional status player in the OHL thus far based on a quick google search, which is not to say hes not a good player but he doesn't seem to compare to the others.

Top Bottom