• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think Vegas might actually happen.

I just wanna see their jerseys. When they are actually announced

Vegas is happening. Considering Bettman gave them the ok to start a ticket drive, I can't see it not happening now.

Then the waiting game until they relocate begins.

I have no idea what makes Vegas so appealing to the NHL. They haven't even crossed 10,000 yet for that season ticket fundraiser thing. It will just be another Arizona with more gambling.
UNTAPPED MARKET

Also, they found people dumb enough to put a team there and pay huge expansion fees to do it.

I think Vegas might actually happen.

I just wanna see their jerseys. When they are actually announced

It's gonna happen, the market is Vegas is cheap as fuck to get to and to stay in, people from almost anywhere would go to games there because it'll be quicker and easier to see a game in Vegas via not needing to worry about transportation and parking etc... Just another reason to go to Vegas. It would be at least 3x cheaper for me to fly to Vegas for a weekend vs Calgary

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Las Vegas most likely got attention due to two new arenas being built. Though of all leagues, the NHL seems far riskier than the NBA would.

It's gonna happen, the market is Vegas is cheap as fuck to get to and to stay in, people from almost anywhere would go to games there because it'll be quicker and easier to see a game in Vegas via not needing to worry about transportation and parking etc... Just another reason to go to Vegas. It would be at least 3x cheaper for me to fly to Vegas for a weekend vs Calgary
Hmm interesting point. Denver to Vegas is cheap. Of course denver to Denver is free...

Marvie_3

Banned
What?! So many more deserving cities than Vegas.
Yeah, but there are problems with almost all of them like no arena (Seattle), no ownership potential (Houston), or a city that doesn't want a team (Kansas City)

Seattle wants to, The Mayor of Seattle Wants to but everyone else is like nah man NBA First.

Fuck that I want a Seattle Team
Seattle mayor is apparently ok with NHL first.

Xeteh

Congrats to Hamilton for that first!

Now why the hell is Varly playing tonight if Roy wanted to give Berra a game? Why isn't Berra playing tonight with Varly playing the Ducks. How is any of this a good idea?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Perfect playoff scenario for us is still on the table for us thanks to a bunch of favorable results tonight. If we can stay on track and take the number 1 seed in the East and the Sens and Panthers continue doing their part is chase down the Bruins, we can 1) be free of Ovechkin at least for the first two rounds, 2) be safe from the Bruins who are always a bad matchup for us, and 3) face a tired out wild card team that should be running out of gas by the time the playoffs start. All while we have a fresh and rested Henrik Lundqvist, Martin St. Louis, and Kevin Klein ready to go again. And, as a bonus, the Penguins and Islanders will get to give each other hell for a while.

Even then, nothing in the playoffs will be easy, but that is far and away our best case scenario.

Keep it going, kids!

Yeah, but there are problems with almost all of them like no arena (Seattle), no ownership potential (Houston), or a city that doesn't want a team (Kansas City)

Seattle mayor is apparently ok with NHL first.

Not to mention the issue of making the conferences even more disproportionate to one another (Quebec). If only Florida was on the market.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
:lol amazing

I gotta do SOMETHING to counteract this awfulness. :p

Emery hahaha you slashing bitch

Ron Hextall he is not.

QbXVKLC.gif

zroid

Banned
Amazingly I don't even feel compelled to want the Jackets to win anymore since they're 6 points up on us and I legitimately do not think we have a chance in hell of earning 6 more points. Sooo... go Canucks or whatever. Do what you want.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Thanks for him and Myers. They've both been awesome so far for us.

Uhh... Sorry in advance for Kane and his antics that you'll have to endure. Bogo is good though, just hope he keeps his head out of partying and women and more on the game in the ice.
he's gotta keep his nose out of cocaine thats what he has to do

Foggy

Amazingly I don't even feel compelled to want the Jackets to win anymore since they're 6 points up on us and I legitimately do not think we have a chance in hell of earning 6 more points. Sooo... go Canucks or whatever. Do what you want.

Yeah unless something absurd happens it's a battle between the Leafs/Canes for 26th/27th and then Yotes/Oilers for 28th/29th. Although, most of the anti-tank games are done except for BUF/TOR at the very end. Until then it's CAL, ANA, CHI, STL, NJ, NYI, PIT, and NYR. Yeehaw.

And just as I type this, Dano ties it up. This team...

Quick

Banned
Witnessing the Leafs tank in person, and seeing the general crowd reaction was glorious.

Everyone in the ACC seemed settled in for disappointment, and there really wasn't any energy outside of the one Leafs goal.

Syrinx

As somebody not familiar with the history of the Coyotes and Arizona, is there a reason they don't just use the arena the Suns use in Phoenix?

Top Bottom