• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like AV agreed with my assessment of the experiment with Kevin Hayes on the wing with Brass and Zucc. JT Miller is on their left wing at practice today.

zroid

Banned
The hate crime sandwich.

JpNYuaF.gif

smh I expected this from Lucic or Marchand but not Bergeron

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the lines against the Hurricanes are going to be:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Zuccarello-Brassard-Miller
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

This seems much better than Wednesday's clusterfuck against the Blackhawks.

Socreges

Banned
Haha holy shit that's his third citation in as many months. Pathetic

I love that the NHL is taking this approach. How does he not learn, though?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot gets the start in Carolina tomorrow. AV wouldn't say who gets the start against the Ducks on Sunday.

Would be quite the rude awakening for Skapski to go from only playing against the last place team in the NHL to playing against the first place team in the NHL. :D

Henrik Lundqvist will not travel with the team (what with the newborn baby and all).

zroid

Banned
Cool graph I saw about how PDO works:

The horizontal axis is games played. Basically it shows that as you play a full season, the boundaries of what PDO is statistically possible collapse to within the range of 97.2 - 102.8 (3 standard deviations). Anything beyond that over the course of a whole season is an extreme outlier and virtually never happens.

I looked at all seasons since 2010-2011 and found that no team has exceeded 102.8 in an 82 game season (fyi Toronto was 103.0 (!) in the lockout-shortened season).

Now here's the crazy thing: no team has been less than 97.2 in any 82 game season EXCEPT 2014-2015 where THREE are (!) -- so far, that is, with 11 or so games left.

2014-2015 Arizona - 96.6
2014-2015 Edmonton - 97.0
2014-2015 Carolina - 97.1

Just shows how crazy this season has been.

ENSHizT.jpg

maybe detroit loses a few games and tampa has to face Ottawa. Wouldn't that be nice?

this is a close race for east wild card.

I just wanna face Boston First Round.. please

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Florida has THREE games left against Boston, and one against Ottawa. Still a race.

ENSHizT.jpg

maybe detroit loses a few games and tampa has to face Ottawa. Wouldn't that be nice?

this is a close race for east wild card.

I just wanna face Boston First Round.. please

No it would suck really badly and I would completely lose it if Ottawa passes us and knocks us out, however it's probably gonna happen.

This last stretch is becoming way to nerve racking with how we have been playing, we should have a little bit more cushion but this team can't get it's act together, lost 5 out of our last 7.

What a stinker last night by the Canucks. Needless to say Saturday is a must-win but it's LA so it's more like a will-lose.

Remember how Henrik Lundqvist was making his long-awaited return to practice today and how there's probably an armada of press in Westchester right now waiting for him to come out onto the ice?

Well, nope! His wife is in labor, so the return of the King gets to wait until next Wednesday's full practice.

The Post-Lundqvist Era rolls on!

At this point you might as well trade him for the cap space. :p

Socreges

Banned
Would fucking love the Canucks, Flames and Jets to make it while the Kings, Sharks and Stars are on the outside looking in

...but I doubt the Kings will be held out.

As fucked as this season has been I'm pretty happy with the fact that the guys haven't quit.
Seems like they only turned it on once the expectations were gone. That would frustrate me

I've always had a soft spot for the Sharks but I think even Sharks fans want them to miss the playoffs so they can fire Wilson and improve the team.

zroid

Banned
I don't think that's possible these days. The Leafs roster is basically a handful of much-maligned NHLers and some AHL calibre journeymen.

Is Holland still out? I mean he wouldn't make much difference, but while the centre depth is Bozak/Smith/Sill/Carrick... this team doesn't really have any business winning games against NHL competition.

Clydefrog

Even if it's the Jets that take a playoff spot from the Kings, I will be rooting for them to win their first round matchup. Especially if it's against the Ducks.

Top Bottom