• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Hunwick

Talbot
Lundqvist

What a line-up the Leafs have these days. Here's hoping Casey Bailey will prove to be good and be able to stick, though it'll be tough for him to adjust this year.

Let's lose this one, though.

There is something poetic about LA and Calgary fighting tooth and nail for the last playoff spot in the West

CBCDL5PWUAEEd9g.png

they are quite literally on opposite ends of the spectrum

Are the diagonals supposed to be average and then fractions of standard deviation? I still can't figure it out, and average doesn't look quite right with the data that's there :(

Not specific to zroid, but there are a lot of times where hockey analytics data is just presented really badly. This tends to happen with newer fields since no one knows what's the accepted way. Which is fine, as long as it gets somewhere fairly consistent. Everyone gets excited about their data but sometimes it's just like
bwZoQFU.png
then
U9bGRy9.png

There is something poetic about LA and Calgary fighting tooth and nail for the last playoff spot in the West

CBCDL5PWUAEEd9g.png

they are quite literally on opposite ends of the spectrum

Looks like something I drew when I was 5.

Hockey Stats Everyone.

Hank's still going to be keeping the seat warm, so you all just get to bask in his magnificent flow all game long.
Fanastic.Hopefully he is returned to form soon.Talbot's been an Excellent Goalie for you guys.

This really feels like the Season of The Goalie.

Price having a Hasek-Like Season,Hamburglar's Success in Ottawa,Devan Dubnyk having a Career Revival. Talbot keeping the Rangers in the Playoffs.

There's probably a few highlights i'm missing but it's been an interesting year for Goalies.

zroid

Banned
Are the diagonals supposed to be average and then fractions of standard deviation? I still can't figure it out, and average doesn't look quite right with the data that's there :(

I'm not too sure, it might also be based on historical data tho.

plus don't forget BUF and NJ aren't shown and they're dragging down the averages

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
KREIDERRRRR

Feels like it's been a long time since that classic Stepan-to-Kreider indirect home run pass has connected.

This really feels like the Season of The Goalie.

Price having a Hasek-Like Season,Hamburglar's Success in Ottawa,Devan Dubnyk having a Career Revival. Talbot keeping the Rangers in the Playoffs.

There's probably a few highlights i'm missing but it's been an interesting year for Goalies.

Vancouver: Lack performing well in Miller's absence.
Winnipeg: Hutchinson taking Pavelec's job, then Pavelec taking it back.
Anaheim: A team loaded at every position who went all-in at the deadline, but left their goaltending in uncertain hands.
New Jersey: Schneider having a Vezina-quality season on a terrible team.
Buffalo: If a goalie starts doing well, he gets traded.
Washington: Holtby taking a huge step forward.
Philadephia: For once, goaltending isn't the problem.

Shorks get 2 goal lead! . . . . and then give up 2 goals. Meh. Doesn't really matter at this point.

Edit: And now they just shoveled in some garbage to take the lead again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
LOL Kreider hit Lundqvist in the head with a shot during his workout with MSL this morning.

Can't leave that kid around goalies. :D

Top Bottom