• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Habs can be the first team to clinch a playoff spot tonight.
Clinching scenarios tonight:

MTL can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) A win in regulation or overtime AND a Bruins loss of any kind OR a Bruins shootout win.
2) A win in a shootout AND a Bruins loss of any kind.
3) A loss in overtime or shootout AND a Bruins loss in regulation.

NYR can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) A win of any kind AND a Bruins loss of any kind.
2) A loss in overtime or shootout AND a Bruins loss in regulation.

TBL can clinch a playoff berth with:
1) A win of any kind AND a Bruins loss of any kind.
2) A loss in overtime or shootout AND a Bruins loss in regulation.

In all scenarios, fuck the Bruins.

I just moved and have a good amount (nothing crazy, but what i've acquired over the years) of books, movies, records, and games (less so on the games) that I have in boxes right now. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good shelving unit/organizational whatever that I can store that stuff on? This is going to go in my room, so nothing gigantic, really anything to just get this stuff out of boxes. My knowledge towards this stuff is pretty much zilch, so any input would be appreciated

Quick

Banned
I just moved and have a good amount (nothing crazy, but what i've acquired over the years) of books, movies, records, and games (less so on the games) that I have in boxes right now. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good shelving unit/organizational whatever that I can store that stuff on? This is going to go in my room, so nothing gigantic, really anything to just get this stuff out of boxes. My knowledge towards this stuff is pretty much zilch, so any input would be appreciated

If you have an IKEA nearby, an Expedit shelf might do the trick. I personally like the look of them.

If you're feeling handy, you could probably copy it and build it yourself with stronger material.

Here's an example of one holding records:

ikea_expedit2.jpg

calder

Gonna be in TO in July. Looking forward to going to some Jays games.

It's been a couple of years since I've seen the Jays, hopefully the sched this year works for a weekend trip to Minneapolis for a couple of nights at The Seville Target Field with the boys.

Foggy

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/f...nds-like-a-man-losing-patience-with-his-team/

Flyers owner Ed Snider sounds like a man losing patience with his team

You can interpret this two ways:

1. Blowing up the team and getting as many picks/prospects as possible
2. Possibly trading their first round pick for proven player to get back into the playoffs

Why have the Flyers been so terrible this year? The Hartnell-Umberger trade was terrible for their short-term, but not that bad.

zroid

Banned
There is something poetic about LA and Calgary fighting tooth and nail for the last playoff spot in the West

CBCDL5PWUAEEd9g.png

they are quite literally on opposite ends of the spectrum

zroid

Banned
At least Calgary's been consistent all year.

Toronto... ; _ ;

based on the chart calgary is probably the most consistent team in the league :lol

it's kind of amazing actually

if nothing else at least it suggests they have a system and it seems to be working for them

Marvie_3

Banned
If you have an IKEA nearby, an Expedit shelf might do the trick. I personally like the look of them.

If you're feeling handy, you could probably copy it and build it yourself with stronger material.

Here's an example of one holding records:
Do this. It's not hard to do at all and it'll hold up a lot better than the crap shelving that stores sell. A friend and I built something similar out of oak for his den. Was a bit more expensive but it looks much nicer and it's more sturdy.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/f...nds-like-a-man-losing-patience-with-his-team/

Flyers owner Ed Snider sounds like a man losing patience with his team

You can interpret this two ways:

1. Blowing up the team and getting as many picks/prospects as possible
2. Possibly trading their first round pick for proven player to get back into the playoffs
If they're desperate to get rid of their 1st, they can have Sharp back.

Please lose to the Sharks, please lose to the Sharks, lease lose to the Sharks, lease lose to the Sharks, lease lose to the Sharks, lease lose to the Sharks, lease lose to the Sharks, lease lose to the Sharks....

Reverse jinx should work right?

I just noticed that the Wings have little bit of their own slump lately. Well, one of these loser teams has to win.

Syrinx

There is something poetic about LA and Calgary fighting tooth and nail for the last playoff spot in the West

CBCDL5PWUAEEd9g.png

they are quite literally on opposite ends of the spectrum

Kinda frustrating seeing the company the Canes are in and yet here we are fifth to last in the league.

We could feasibly do a quick turnaround with one more legit playmaking forward and even consistently decent goaltending.

Do this. It's not hard to do at all and it'll hold up a lot better than the crap shelving that stores sell. A friend and I built something similar out of oak for his den. Was a bit more expensive but it looks much nicer and it's more sturdy.

If they're desperate to get rid of their 1st, they can have Sharp back.

I don't think Hextall will let Snider rush their players. We finally have legit defensive prospects and at least 3 of them will probably become top 4 D-men, maybe a #1 in there (possibly Sanheim).

Also, apparently the Vinny trade was close, according to his agent, to Nashville. But he still maybe traded and someone may get him if they get an agreement to retire a year after he gets traded.

Top Bottom