• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Stasis

This looks a lot like the Kings game in our own zone. Guys standing around and letting the other team just skate right by them to get to loose pucks. It's so unlike this team effort-wise, so it's disconcerting to see it twice in a span of just a few days.

Agreed. Issues against bigger more physical teams? I dunno. We need to be better against these types of teams as well surely encounter it in the playoffs if we make it deep.

Socreges

Banned
Perhaps not intentionally but still a distinct kicking motion that resulted in a goal. Even if he was trying to kick it to his stick, or attempting to stop.

You can also just keep repeating: "I hate the Rangers!" and it'd be alright. We get it. Thanks.
Seriously. Zaraki is always so salty.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. Issues against bigger more physical teams? I dunno. We need to be better against these types of teams as well surely encounter it in the playoffs if we make it deep.

Maybe, but we have played pretty well against big teams in general most of this season.

Perhaps not intentionally but still a distinct kicking motion that resulted in a goal. Even if he was trying to kick it to his stick, or attempting to stop.

You can also just keep repeating: "I hate the Rangers!" and it'd be alright. We get it. Thanks.

Lol, so much salt over someone disagreeing with you over a goal.

http://streamable.com/qpt6

:lol alright, guess he headbutted it then

He turns his foot, that's not a distinct kicking motion like they want how. Those types of goals have been counted all year, this shouldn't be a surprise.

ZeroGravity

Another hit from behind by the Wings results in Sustr getting a high sticking call and the Wings a power play.

Ahahaha they aren't even trying to hide it.

Is it more physical teams? I definitely you guys skating faster than physical teams and beating them handily. Bruins/Islanders always seem to give you fits though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The scoreboard might not show it, but that period was in many ways even worse than the first. Lucky that we're basically still in the place where we started it.

Stasis

Is it more physical teams? I definitely you guys skating faster than physical teams and beating them handily. Bruins/Islanders always seem to give you fits though.

Just to be clear, I'm zero salty. Your bias was pretty apparent is all.

To answer your question I really dont know. TBL, Isles... they've both given us trouble too. Though we won the last two against the Isles. Boston is tough. Kings... ugh. Still feel that could have gone either way with all the OT games but we dont play as well against them. Could also be what many are speculating, not as much urgency as Boston right now. I thought they'd play tight in front of a rusty Hank tho tbh. So much for that.

Who knows. Maybe adapting to Hank isnt easy either. Talbot is very different in terms of puck handling and coming out to play it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well even if these results hold, we'll be that much closer to clinching the Metro. If the Isles, Pens, and Caps all lose in regulation, they'll only be able to get to 105 (or 104 for the Caps) even with running the table.

EDIT: Dammit, Yotes!

ShaneB

Good game Preds. Two periods of solid play was not enough to overcome that atrocious first period. Fun game to watch at least.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

He's alright. A little patchwork from the trainers and he's fine. The Bruins have committed at least 4 extremely blatant penalties along the boards in this game that I can think of, including that one. Precisely none of them have been called. These things happen.

EDIT: I should be clear that even if we were getting calls in our favor, it would make little to no difference in this one. We were beaten pretty soundly in the first 2 periods and couldn't produce much of anything once we sort of started getting going in the third.

zroid

Banned
lol Glass

He's alright. A little patchwork from the trainers and he's fine. The Bruins have committed at least 4 extremely blatant penalties along the boards in this game that I can think of, including that one. Precisely none of them have been called. These things happen.

that's good. stupid Broons. We're all Sens tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The incoming Glass discipline will be addition by subtraction for the Rangers

He got a 5 minute major for butt ending (which, by the way, I'm not sure I've ever seen listed as an official penalty before :D). Not sure if that gets a call from the league or not. Wouldn't be shocked.

If it does earn a suspension, we're going to have to call somebody up. Not sure who you bring up in that situation. Maybe Haggerty?

The Melk-man and Burnzie keep the shorks (barely) alive.

OK, Minnesota, you need to take out the Kings tonight. And don't let the Kings goon it up.

Top Bottom