• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
4Iwfdj0.gif

Foggy

Watched the 30 for 30: Of Miracles and Men doc last night on Netflix and that was some good shit. I was actually surprised as to how much the final third centered on Slava Fetisov and getting to the US.

And holy shit at the Canadians during the 1972 Summit Series. Those were some dirty motherfuckers.

ShaneB

Watched the 30 for 30: Of Miracles and Men doc last night on Netflix and that was some good shit. I was actually surprised as to how much the final third centered on Slava Fetisov and getting to the US.

And holy shit at the Canadians during the 1972 Summit Series. Those were some dirty motherfuckers.

Yeah, it's a must watch in my opinion. Great 30 for 30, I'm really excited to also see a doc called "Red Army", which also focuses on the Soviet hockey situation around that time.

zroid

Banned
Boston vs Toronto CWHL semfinal on Sportsnet1 right now. Rare to see women's hockey on TV, I like watching it when I can.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"“They’re great players,” Jagr told reporters of his linemates. “I didn’t know anything about them. They’re young. They’re good … It’s funny, they’ve got the confidence. That’s what I love about them. I told [Barkov], ‘I’m going to scream. Give me the puck.’ He said, ‘You don’t have to scream. I see you.’
“Nineteen years old! I love it.”"

:lol Barkov&Jagr

Quick

Banned
Boston vs Toronto CWHL semfinal on Sportsnet1 right now. Rare to see women's hockey on TV, I like watching it when I can.

I might've heard wrong, but is Tessa Bonhomme actually playing? I figured she's out of competitive hockey since she's been on TSN.

Marvie_3

Banned
"“They’re great players,” Jagr told reporters of his linemates. “I didn’t know anything about them. They’re young. They’re good … It’s funny, they’ve got the confidence. That’s what I love about them. I told [Barkov], ‘I’m going to scream. Give me the puck.’ He said, ‘You don’t have to scream. I see you.’
“Nineteen years old! I love it.”"

:lol Barkov&Jagr
:lol

Parch

Gotta teach sportsmanship early or you watch your kids turn into The Lil' Kings like this.
It started becoming a problem in minor hockey in my area. Trash talking and taunting was getting way out of hand and fights were even breaking out in the parking lot.

What a story Hammond is. 6-0-1, including wins over the California teams. Imagine if he carried the Sens to the playoffs? Would be a interesting offseason for sure.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's Henrik Lundqvist staying rested on national television this morning: http://t.co/C8AhZe34UP

The most interesting thing out of this is that Hank's blood vessel injury is actually due to the whiplash of snapping his head back rather than from the actual impact of the puck itself.

zroid

Banned
Eh. Mine would probably be Subban/Karlsson/Weber

I'm never impressed with Doughty. Ever. Letang is in pretty much the same boat. If not for playing with guys like Malkin and Crosby, I legitimately do not believe that Letang would ever be in the conversation.

Giordano would win it if he was healthy, IMO.

Yeah Giordano would be my pick regardless of health, but we know how much that matters to the voters. :(

Re: Letang, if you look at his corsi impact compared to other defencemen on the team, it's pretty stark. hard to make the argument that he's being carried by Crosby/Malkin, unless he's only on the ice when those two are (obviously not the case).

wtEwZ2v.png

Doughty is a different story, but I don't think he needs me to defend him, haha.

Samyy

Eh. Mine would probably be Subban/Karlsson/Weber

I'm never impressed with Doughty. Ever. Letang is in pretty much the same boat. If not for playing with guys like Malkin and Crosby, I legitimately do not believe that Letang would ever be in the conversation.

Giordano would win it if he was healthy, IMO.

Weber?
Eh....I don't think he is that good.

Doughty is basically the Kings in a nutshell: coasts during the regular season and then becomes unstoppable in the playoffs.

Letang seems to be having a fine season despite all the Pittsburgh injuries (Fleury's improved play helps as well).

Giordano's injury sadly takes him out of the conversation. If he was healthy and the Flames made the playoffs he would've deserved it.

But I think Weber is overdue. His team is finally competitive which should get him more recognition.

Yeah Giordano would be my pick regardless of health, but we know how much that matters to the voters. :(

Re: Letang, if you look at his corsi impact compared to other defencemen on the team, it's pretty stark. hard to make the argument that he's being carried by Crosby/Malkin, unless he's only on the ice when those two are (obviously not the case).

wtEwZ2v.png

Doughty is a different story, but I don't think he needs me to defend him, haha.

Honestly I've never been a big advanced stats guy but yeah that definitely looks pretty good for Letang. It's just that whenever I watch him he just doesn't seem all that good. Definitely not Norris-caliber.

Similar thing with Doughty. Rough eye-test that leaves me wondering where all the good words about him come from. They're both certainly quality guys and I would love for the Wild to have either or both of them, but they don't stand out to me.

Weber?
Eh....I don't think he is that good.

Have to give the third pick to someone. I'm not a fan of Doughty/Pietrangelo/Letang and there really isn't anyone left aside from Giordano or a homer pick of Suter that stand out this year. Kieth, maybe.

Doughty is basically the Kings in a nutshell: coasts during the regular season and then becomes unstoppable in the playoffs.

Yeah I'd say I agree with this. Doughty just isn't all that impressive in the regular season.

Clydefrog

Doughty is a god emperor. He still has those dumb outbursts but it’s slowly turning from kiddy-outbursts into genuine passion. But his innate skill, game sense and skating ability is simply astounding. Dude's a beast for Team Canada too :(

Giggzy

Cam has been exceptional the last few weeks. He seems to have upped his game considerably. Being paired with Lovejoy the last two years, and being mentored by Scotty has definitely put veteran like qualities into his game.

And he's only 23.

Heretic

So good. Who would you have ahead of the other? Lately seems like Hampus is the top guy but Cam is still so good.
Cam just needs to shoot more and he'll noticeably better. Both's skating ability and hockey IQ and positioning are top notch.

Cam has been exceptional the last few weeks. He seems to have upped his game considerably. Being paired with Lovejoy the last two years, and being mentored by Scotty has definitely put veteran like qualities into his game.

And he's only 23.
Have Scotty is a HUGE plus for sure.

Mack is living in the Talbot's old house alone right now
Leadership!

Top Bottom