• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Quick

Banned
Black and Blue or White and Gold?

That joke was from a week or two ago.

giphy.gif

Yawnier

Banned
So the Lightning are wearing their black jerseys tonight specifically to avoid the color similarities with the Leafs lol

At least there is one team in the league that wears white and blue that is not total shit

Also Tyler Johnson has more points than Stamkos? God DAMN.

zroid

Banned
Not Shea Weber? C'mon now. My Top three would be Subban,Weber, Doughty.

Weber is actually considered to be very overrated by the analytics community... nowadays, at least. He was a strong analytics player earlier in his career. Personally I think a lot of the praise for him this year comes from team effects. The Perds have great defensive depth, so Weber's deficiencies are sheltered (ironically). He still has a hell of a shot though. Can't take anything away from that.

edit: FWIW I'm not anti-Weber, even though I'm clearly pro-analytics. He gets reeeally tough assignments. Point is I think a Norris defenceman should have good analytics in spite of tough assignments, which he doesn't.

Yawnier

Banned
The leafs better not go on a winning streak now but you can feel it will happen.

I def feel like it is going to happen, all they need is for one of the goalies to go hot and one or two of the forwards in the top six (probably kessel and someone else) to go hot even though the D and the bottom six is a mess and hot garbage right now

Spl1nter

I dont see them coming higher than 6th. If they do come 6th hopefully some team selects Crouse early so we get one of them. 6-9 is still really interesting this draft with Barzal/Rantanen/Provorov/Werenski. I have Rantanen over Crouse.

At least there is one team in the league that wears white and blue that is not total shit

Also Tyler Johnson has more points than Stamkos? God DAMN.

Not a Lightning fan, but my guess is:

1. Johnson-Kucherov-Palat have really good chemistry and have been rarely separated. Meanwhile Stamkos plays with a rotating cast of wingers like Filppula, Callahan, Killorn, and even Drouin at times.
2. Stamkos goes up against top D pairings while Johnson doesn't.
3. Tampa's power play is ranked 16th, which is kind of low with all that talent on the ice.

Cactus

Banned
I'd be shocked if Hunter & co. pick a player like Crouse so early in the draft.The days of wasting first round picks on low-ceiling grinders and physical defencemen is over, I hope.

Yawnier

Banned
I feel like unless the Leafs have a top 5 pick, they are definitely going to take Crouse

He'll make a sweet fourth liner alongside Gauthier and Biggs

I feel like the Nylander pick last year was a big F U to picking some physical plug with a low 3rd line ceiling who only crashes the net and who has heart & grit, and that if one of either Nylander or Ehlers weren't on the table at the 8th overall pick they would have traded their 1st rounder down allegedly

Not a Lightning fan, but my guess is:

1. Johnson-Kucherov-Palat have really good chemistry and have been rarely separated. Meanwhile Stamkos plays with a rotating cast of wingers like Filppula, Callahan, Killorn, and even Drouin at times.
2. Stamkos goes up against top D pairings while Johnson doesn't.
3. Tampa's power play is ranked 16th, which is kind of low with all that talent on the ice.

Palát is looking to have a great sophomore season, hard to believe he was a 7th round pick four years ago and that he made the transition to the NHL so quickly and smoothly. Kucherov also almost has 60 points himself, ya safe to say that line is pure money for TB.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like the Nylander pick last year was a big F U to picking some physical plug with a low 3rd line ceiling who only crashes the net and who has heart & grit, and that if one of either Nylander or Ehlers weren't on the table at the 8th overall pick they would have traded their 1st rounder down allegedly
And this is why I don't think we'll take Crouse. It HAS to be Marner with the Knights and Hunter connection unless we're 1st (McJesus), 3rd (Hanafin), or he's already taken (Strome?). I'm more interested in who we might get at the 25-30 range from the Preds...unless they keep Leafing it up and go lower! :D

Yawnier

Banned
And this is why I don't think we'll take Crouse. It HAS to be Marner with the Knights and Hunter connection unless we're 1st (McJesus), 3rd (Hanafin), or he's already taken (Strome?). I'm more interested in who we might get at the 25-30 range from the Preds...unless they keep Leafing it up and go lower! :D

Lots of good D talent around that range. Personally I would be ecstatic if they picked one of the seadogs defenceman projected to go around that range in either Zboril or Chabot. Have seen Zboril play a few times this season and I really like him in particular. He was projected to go top 15 just several months ago but fell off a bit because of injuries, could be a Stuart Percy like pick for us.

Razorskin

----- ------
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=756813

Florida Panthers to Host “Goal of a Lifetime” Contest

The Florida Panthers announced today the club’s plans for their “Goal of a Lifetime” contest that will give one lucky Panthers' fan the opportunity to sign a one-day amateur try-out and serve as Florida’s back-up practice goalie for a day.

“We are very excited to launch this contest and expect a great turnout for this ultimate fan experience,” said Florida Panthers Executive Chairman Peter Luukko. “This contest provides our hockey community with the opportunity to earn a chance to skate with the Panthers and serve as the team’s back-up practice goalie for a day.”

The “Goal of a Lifetime” contest is open to all men and women goaltenders (must be 18-years-old or older). All goaltenders are asked to submit their playing resume to FloridaPanthers.com/backupgoalie. After reviewing the resumes, a select group of goaltenders will participate in an on-ice try-out that will take place on Monday, March 16, at 4 p.m. at BB&T Center. Panthers Goaltending Coach Robb Tallas and select Panthers Alumni will oversee the try-outs.

Two finalists will be selected from the try-outs and will be invited to compete in a shootout that will feature Panthers Alumni during the first intermission of Florida’s game against Montreal on March 17. The goaltender with the best performance in the shootout will be selected as the Panthers’ back-up practice goalie and will sign a one-day amateur try-out with the team.

“We look forward to welcoming goaltenders from across South Florida to this open try-out,” said Tallas. “It promises to be a once in a lifetime experience for the goaltender who is selected to serve as our team’s back-up practice goalie for a day.”

Additionally, the winning goaltender will receive two complimentary tickets for each home game remaining in the 2014-2015 regular season, a team-signed jersey and will be featured on Fox Sports Florida during an intermission segment.

Montresor

I wonder how many games combined other players have missed due to injuries he inflicted on them

John Cena "oooooh".gif

Young pudgy black kid clapping.gif

Middle-aged black man clapping then suddenly surprised.gif

Loki from Avengers "ooh".gif

zroid

Banned
"Kessel Run" in trending on twitter right now, presumably because of Harrison Ford's plane crash. I couldn't help but laugh.

Clydefrog

You ever get hit by a real slapshot by an NHL player? Unless it hits you in the big leg pads, the blocker, or in the glove, you are in for some serious pain.

Fixed that for you.

I fell over once trying to do a slap shot. I fell over a lot when I tried to learn hockey.

Top Bottom