• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not sure how you let DST get the better of you as a professional athlete, but at least this will give Toronto media something to chew on for another two weeks.

I dunno Nazem is a good old Torona boy, they may sweep it under the rug...but then again his name is Nazem and not Nate. :eek:

Parch

That's probably an oversimplification, because salary retention became a factor at some point...
(FWIW I'm still opposed to retaining any salary, even a small amount
It's not quite as bad as the Clarkson situation where Leafs got zero talent in return and were just happy with the dump, but the Phaneuf contract is definitely a sticking point in any deal. The Leafs can either get good talent in return or dump the contract. They can't do both.

Quick

Banned
I dunno Nazem is a good old Torona boy, they may sweep it under the rug...but then again his name is Nazem and not Nate. :eek:

Nate Caudry

EDIT:

Nate from Mimico:

ilc25uCHLqSiI.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, what a cool factoid, Doc; players talk to each other!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Paille scored, and shorthanded at that. This is shocking

Tabris

Benning has it right. Few teams make it out of the "tank mantra" successfully as your loser culture sets your new players for failure.

There's more Edmontons and Phoenix's than there are Pittsburgh and Chicago's. (EDIT - Don't respond to this literally, you know what I mean with this statement)

The transition strategy works well. Rookies get playoff and winning experience, you always have a puncher shots at the Cup, but you never sell off your future.

Tabris

Not really sure the Yotes are comparable to the Oilers at all

Yeah with the owner situation and all, but you know what I mean. Too many times has the tank culture hurt the team in the long haul. That #1-5 pick is usually not worth the effect it had on all your other players.

McDavid may be different but still.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah with the owner situation and all, but you know what I mean. Too many times has the tank culture hurt the team in the long haul. That #1-5 pick is usually not worth the effect it had on all your other players.

That's not what zroid is saying. Arizona is well run and has a pretty incredible prospect pool. They just have a bad team this year and Mike Smith has been terrible.

Edmonton is garbage from top to bottom, seemingly no part of that org is well run.

Quick

Banned
That's not what zroid is saying. Arizona is well run and has a pretty incredible prospect pool. They just have a bad team this year and Mike Smith has been terrible.

Edmonton is garbage from top to bottom, seemingly no part of that org is well run.

Like a car badly in need of an oil change.

giphy.gif

Samyy

Arizona also made the playoffs 2 season ago no, in 2012? They just committed to rebuilding this year and already have probably one of the deepest prospect pools in the league.

zroid

Banned
Poor Troy Bodie, they're interviewing him on his new captaincy of the Marlies, and he's visibly fighting back the urge to shout "fuck this call me up to the show!"

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I take it Habs fans are in the majority here? ;p

There are plenty, but it seems the more vocal we are the more we get whiners. Of course some of us Habs fans are whiney ourselves ;P

I just like good hockey so don't usually care. Although I am currently watching Oilers/Canes so not sure how good that is.

Top Bottom