• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We had that one Yotes fan here for 6 weeks or so. Maybe he stopped posting when they stopped giving out free tickets.

So we have... Bruins GAF, Habs GAF, Rangers GAF, Islander GAF, Ducks GAF, Wild GAF, Blackhawks GAF, Stars GAF, Sens GAF, Avalanche GAF, Jets GAF, Leafs GAF. Red Wings GAF. Blues GAF Sharks GAF, Kings GAF

Umm am I missing anyone?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
BROVAT

NimbleMeekAtlanticblackgoby.gif

also leads all Canucks in FO

So we have... Bruins GAF, Habs GAF, Rangers GAF, Islander GAF, Ducks GAF, Wild GAF, Blackhawks GAF, Stars GAF, Sens GAF, Avalanche GAF, Jets GAF, Leafs GAF. Red Wings GAF. Blues GAF Sharks GAF, Kings GAF

Umm am I missing anyone?

-coughs- Canucks-GAF, brah

we had an excel sheet at some point I think. Pretty sure we have some of every team except the Yotes

Quick

Banned
So we have... Bruins GAF, Habs GAF, Rangers GAF, Islander GAF, Ducks GAF, Wild GAF, Blackhawks GAF, Stars GAF, Sens GAF, Avalanche GAF, Jets GAF, Leafs GAF. Red Wings GAF.

Umm am I missing anyone?

FlamesGAF exists, as well. Not as vocal as some of the others, but they're here. LightningGAF is well-represented by ZeroGravity. Canucks also. Dare I say Canucks-Age built NHL-GAF via Bish?

RIP PanthersGAF. They used to be a pretty vocal minority.

BROVAT

NimbleMeekAtlanticblackgoby.gif

also leads all Canucks in FO

-coughs- Canucks-GAF, brah

we had an excel sheet at some point I think. Pretty sure we have some of every team except the Yotes

FlamesGAF exists, as well. Not as vocal as some of the others, but they're here. LightningGAF is well-represented by ZeroGravity. Canucks also.

RIP PanthersGAF. They used to be a pretty vocal minority.

Ah SHIT I keep forgetting about Vancouver and Tampa. Damn

AND I forgot Caps GAF. Shit

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Umm am I missing anyone?

When the teams are doing well Leafs-GAF and Canucks-GAF can absolutely destroy this place with posts.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I think over the years, the BJs, Islanders, and Coyotes have been the least-represented. But I'm pretty sure I can name at least one person for every team.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
When the teams are doing well Leafs-GAF and Canucks-GAF can absolutely destroy this place with posts.
It's weird to imagine anyone could think otherwise; I guess I'm showing my age. Canucks-GAF was the largest by far at one point, and Leafs were close behind.

Red_Man

I'm actually surprised there aren't more Habs posters with how popular the team is and with how well they've been doing these past couple seasons. What ever happened to ForeignJackass?

Bruins-Gaf was pretty big and regular until this season when they took a step back.

Quick

Banned
It's weird to imagine anyone could think otherwise; I guess I'm showing my age. Canucks-GAF was the largest by far at one point, and Leafs were close behind.

Both fanbases are still a large representation here, with a few members falling off.

Consistently, there's always Kave, Kuro, and shadowkat, then there's Smiley, Soc, and RC *coughDESIcough*.

zroid

Banned
I wasn't around when the Canucks were contenders, I can believe they were the most well represented group here at the time. If the Leafs were actually any good this place would be scary. Fortunately for the rest of NHL-GAF, that will in all likelihood never happen.

And to think the Oilers were up 3-0 this period.

god love em

Go Canes!

Quick

Banned
I wasn't around when the Canucks were contenders, I can believe they were the most well represented group here at the time. If the Leafs were actually any good this place would be scary. Fortunately for the rest of NHL-GAF, that will in all likelihood never happen.

I came in near the end of the Manics/Forza era. There was also the random FortunateSon pop-ins that were bizarre.

A few Leafs-Age members came in and out, I remember Wendel Clark. I was also around for Cake Boss' debut!

I've been here too long already.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

ShaneB

I'm still waiting for a Caps fan who's actually from Washington and not some lame Ovi bandwagoner
:p

Bah! :p

My hockey team fandom when I was young was always varied, so I tended to love players more than specific teams, and it always seemed like the players I loved ended up as Caps players.

Red_Man

Pretty sure we've updated that list since
We definitely have, I'm not on that list and I remember being on one of these kind of list. I think Marvie has it.

Edit: Holy shit I forgot about X26, he got Permaed didn't he?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be a fun evening of sports. NYCFC v. Orlando City SC right now, first ever match for both teams. Immediately after that, Rangers @ Blackhawks.

Marvie_3

Banned
We definitely have, I'm not on that list and I remember being on one of these kind of list. I think Marvie has it.

Edit: Holy shit I forgot about X26, he got Permaed didn't he?
Yeah he got perma'd awhile ago.

Marvie updates it from time-to-time, I think.

I can't even remember the last time it was updated. That Apr. 2011 one might be the most recent one? I can dig around and see if there's anything more current though.

I can just make another one too. Shouldn't take me that long.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I came in near the end of the Manics/Forza era. There was also the random FortunateSon pop-ins that were bizarre.

A few Leafs-Age members came in and out, I remember Wendel Clark. I was also around for Cake Boss' debut!

I've been here too long already.

Manics and his posts were a big reason why I ended up coming into NHL-GAF back in the day.

Say what you want about him but holy shit was he entertaining. His tag was great, it was a response to I think Solo about how tough a player was, something like "dude's as soft as a freshly ejaculated penis"

And I think the year we got Kessel was the year Manics began his story of always believing and building up to when he was so out of control that his wife kicked him out of the house. He was so believable that he had to come out and admit he was just joking the whole time.

vatstep

Manics and his posts were a big reason why I ended up coming into NHL-GAF back in the day.

Say what you want about him but holy shit was he entertaining. His tag was great, it was a response to I think Solo about how tough a player was, something like "dude's as soft as a freshly ejaculated penis"

And I think the year we got Kessel was the year Manics began his story of always believing and building up to when he was so out of control that his wife kicked him out of the house. He was so believable that he had to come out and admit he was just joking the whole time.
When Manics and Forza (with their original accounts, around full-time) got perm'd, a part of NHL-Age was lost forever. :(

Parch

Good grief. At least when the Oilers suck in the first period I can leave in disgust without wasting time with the other 2 periods.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The Oilers realized they're in contention for the tank with the Canes and decided to just give up even worse than before.

vatstep

January 2013 NHL-Age allegiances (last edited by Marvie)

I'm realizing now that the one I posted was just for that year's playoffs; a bunch of teams are missing. This one's more complete.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Same lineup for the Rangers tonight against the Blackhawks. Which means no Tanner Glass.

Cam Talbot makes his 7th straight start. Expect to see Mackenzie Skapski again some time this week. We've got a back-to-back against the Isles and Caps in the middle of this week, so the question is does Skapski get one of those games (obviously the Caps game) or do they try to stretch Cam through those two and then let him sit for the game on Friday against the Sabres?

Top Bottom