• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
BOOM

WEEEGEE ME CAL

ibhZ41xGB0X5uW.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Girardi blew it AGAIN. He got lucky that Toffoli bailed him out on his previous massive defensive zone fuck up. Not that time with Williams clear and free in the slot.

LJ11

Girardi can be such a rock head. Terrible luck but don't try and be a hero.

Played a garbage third, lots of missed opportunities in the first two periods. Tough loss after taking a 2-0 lead.

RangersFan

as bad as the shot differential was and the lopsided play in the 3rd, NYR gave the game away. 2 terrible turnovers led to goals, and passing up shots for that 3rd goal in the first. this should have been a typical rangers win with hank shutting the door.

If someone told me at the start of the 'yoffs that the kings had the ability to score 3 goals, let alone come back from two down, i'd laugh in their face.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Game 2 is really going to reveal exactly how this series is going to go. If the Rangers can get back to their play in the first half of the game and, really, the way they played in OT before Girardi fucked up, then we can get right back in it. If the Kings keep wearing them down, though, this could end up a short series.

This game really ended up completely playing into the Kings' hands as it went on, and we still nearly stole it. That has to be the takeaway.

Game 2 is really going to reveal exactly how this series is going to go. If the Rangers can get back to their play in the first half of the game and, really, the way they played in OT before Girardi fucked up, then we can get right back in it. If the Kings keep wearing them down, though, this could end up a short series.

This game really ended up completely playing into the Kings' hands as it went on, and we still nearly stole it. That has to be the takeaway.

unbiased, my concern would be maintaining that type of tempo. The Ducks couldn't do it and the Hawks couldn't do it. Both of those teams adapted, played better puck possession, and met us on the boards.

The real question will be: can NY adapt to a slower pace?

Amazing game, nonetheless.

LJ11

Most important: Quick looked fantastic tonight. Then again, the Hawks will make any goalie look mediocre, truth be told.

You think so? Thought his rebound control was off.

as bad as the shot differential was and the lopsided play in the 3rd, NYR gave the game away. 2 terrible turnovers led to goals, and passing up shots for that 3rd goal in the first. this should have been a typical rangers win with hank shutting the door.

Reminded me of game 1 against the Bruins last year.

You think so? Thought his rebound control was off.

Funny enough, I think both goalies showed subpar rebound control. Still, both goalies played fantastically, and Quickie especially played better than he had in the previous series. Although, i'm still of the opinion that it was simply the absolute dominance of the Hawks and their forwards.

If someone told me at the start of the 'yoffs that the kings had the ability to score 3 goals, let alone come back from two down, i'd laugh in their face.

The offense really got revitalized with Gaborik. All the lines got better with his addition. And we got him for spare parts. Blows my mind. The Carter trade was similar. We've kicked ass from a managerial perspective the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom