• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
I got PTSD flashbacks to Jaroslav Halak in 2010 in this game. Dammit. Seed of doubt planted. Pens dominated and should have won. Only reason Sharks won was Jones' goaltending. Yep. Feeling a little sour.

Losing a closeout game is my biggest fear as a live attendee of sports.

Objectively wrong.
You're so wrong dude. I've lived in Pittsburgh for the past five years and even I know penguins are trash compared to sharks. Evolution called, it was working on your stupid bird while sharks have been perfect for the past couple million years, thank you.

Plus the Sharks were the better gang in West Side Story.

sorry not sorry

CkjrvM5VEAA4ZI4.jpg

Yesssssssssssss

Shorks

Velcro Fly

i'm just absolutely terrified jones is going to play like that again and get the puck luck again and force 7.

need to jump on them early

The Sharks probably just delayed the inevitable. It's obvious that the Penguins are the better team, and the Sharks just hold on for dear life. Their goaltender is their hero and the reason they're still in it, heading to game six.

I won't be able to watch the next two. Hopefully the Sharks will somehow take it, though. They're going to need to be a lot better to do so.

norm9

You're so wrong dude. I've lived in Pittsburgh for the past five years and even I know penguins are trash compared to sharks. Evolution called, it was working on your stupid bird while sharks have been perfect for the past couple million years, thank you.

Plus the Sharks were the better gang in West Side Story.

You have a penguin with a hockey stick versus a shark that chomps on a hockey stick because he's dumb. One animal knows what sport he's playing, the other is stupid.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Wild Wing is alright but he doesn't have a beautiful mane and fist like my boy Bailey.

owfCVYt.gif

The attention to detail is amazing. Knowing that dressing him in orange would be the best way to relate him to his fanbase, someone in that organization has their head on straight.

Hmm, going to Game 6 means I'll either watch the Sharks push it to Game 7 with a win, or I get to watch the Stanley Cup awarded. Seems like a win either way...

Alucard

Banned
I'm confident but scared. Jones found the zone in this game, and that's going to mess with the Pens' players heads. A hot goalie can single-handedly win a series. Halak did it in 2010 for the Habs. Also, Murray laid an egg in this game, but I don't outright blame the guy. He made some important saves too.

If the Pens can get 3-4 goals, they're golden, but I'm now nervous that Jones could steal it away from them.

You have a penguin with a hockey stick versus a shark that chomps on a hockey stick because he's dumb. One animal knows what sport he's playing, the other is stupid.
The shark ate the hockey stick because it knows hockey is the worst sport. Point shark. A penguin can't even realistically hold a hockey stick. Immersion broken.

The shark ate the penguin

Calamari41

41 > 38
You have two months to build that fucking wall, and it's gotta be with your own money, because I'm almost back

I'm going to have to settle for a wall at the southern Orange County border if I'm only being given a couple of months notice.

With Pendleton there, all I need to do is block the 5. Which is already the case 99% of the time.

Consider yourself walled.

zroid

Banned
Reimer dragged the Leafs kicking and screaming to a game 7 in 2013, and now he's sitting on the bench while Jones seems to be doing the same thing with the Sharks

Alucard

Banned
It's the morning after game 5. A cool breeze blows through my window. All is quiet as memories of Martin Jones play upon my mind. He did it. That damned guy did it. He, somehow, managed to put the Sharks on his back and say "I'm winning this tonight." And he did. By God.

Still confident about the rest of the series with the way the Pens have played this series, but there is now an inkling of doubt. Jones boosted his team's confidence and their belief in themselves. He could do it. He could carry them, or go down trying. Bring on game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom