• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident but scared. Jones found the zone in this game, and that's going to mess with the Pens' players heads. A hot goalie can single-handedly win a series. Halak did it in 2010 for the Habs. Also, Murray laid an egg in this game, but I don't outright blame the guy. He made some important saves too.

If the Pens can get 3-4 goals, they're golden, but I'm now nervous that Jones could steal it away from them.

Pens have rebounded after bad losses
Murray has rebounded after abysmal games (Caps, Bolts)

Still, you could see Pens players getting visibly frustrated with the way the game went. I think the two days off could help them refocus. I believe in Sully making the right adjustments and figuring out what to do. I don't know anymore.

That all said: I hope Game 6 is more like Game 4, and less like Game 3. Not because the Pens lost Game 3, but because Game 3 was a god damn slop fest.

hwalker84

sorry not sorry

CkjrvM5VEAA4ZI4.jpg

Pens fan here... That's fantastic.

Futureman

I was outside Consol last night. Super disappointing we didn't win. Jones played a hell of a game though and Murray was sub-par so there it is.

I'm tempted to say bring it back to Pittsburgh so we can win it at home!

zroid

Banned
I'm happy the Sharks won last night. Now they have a chance to do a tribute to Gordie before game 6. Would have been real sad if the Cup were awarded the day before he died.

Alucard

Banned
RIP Gordie Howe. I wasn't old enough to see him play, but every hockey fan, regardless of age, knows the name and the importance.

Sharks capitalized on their chances. Penguins didn't.

But the Sharks looked under siege for most of last night. Priorities are obviously different when you're attacking or defending a lead, but if the Penguins tie the game then you're second-guessing your turtle strategy.

Also not sure if it was a narrative pushed by the CBC crew, but the Sharks seemed to use their physicality more last night. Scrums after the whistle, pushing and shoving. It seemed to compound the Penguins' frustration.

It wouldn't surprise me if Game 6 was a blowout for either team.

Sharks, buoyed by the home crowd, ventilate Murray, Sullivan puts in Fleury and is left with a difficult decision for Game 7.

Penguins continue their play from the end of Game 5 and it pays off.

Futureman

even if Murray gets pulled in Game 6, I'd expect him to be the Game 7 starter.

but Pens won't pull Murray after he gets a hat trick on Sunday.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Holy fuck who made this SCF schedule

Monday
Thursday
Sunday
Wednesday

I was thinking about this today... Has there been an explanation? It's absolutely horrible, it feels like the playoffs have been long over. I wonder what the ratings will be like outside of NorCal and Western PA.

Quick

Banned
Holy fuck who made this SCF schedule

Monday
Thursday
Sunday
Wednesday

I was thinking about this today... Has there been an explanation? It's absolutely horrible, it feels like the playoffs have been long over. I wonder what the ratings will be like outside of NorCal and Western PA.

Probably scheduled it around the NBA Finals to avoid tanking ratings.

The NBA seems to be doing the same thing. A majority of the Finals schedule has three day gaps in between games - between games 1 and 2, then between 4-7. Only game 3 and 4 one full day off in between.

Probably scheduled it around the NBA Finals to avoid tanking ratings.

The NBA seems to be doing the same thing. A majority of the Finals schedule has three day gaps in between games - between games 1 and 2, then between 4-7. Only game 3 and 4 one full day off in between.

Travel of 3k miles is probably a factor too. That's basically a 5 hour and 6 hour flight each way.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
]blacky[;206464887 said:
That's http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2677494410 right?

--> Does not work because of a "geographic restriction".

So I will need a VPN for that. Don't know if this will work out fine, because of the negative impact in terms of connection speed especially with free VPN-services.

if you go to reddit.com/r/nhlstreams they post the direct CBC feed there, which you can access without geoblocking

purg3

slept with Malkin
I expect Murray to have a full rebound after last game. Dude is what, 5-0 now after a loss in the playoffs?

Also if pens lay on the shots like last game, they will get their chances. Jones was insane last game, but I don't know if he can continue that same level of play for at least 2 more games.

Today's going to be a good day, sun is shining and I'm going to my first Pirates game in almost a decade lol. Then back in time to hopefully see the pens raise it.

Let's go pens!

Alucard

Banned
I expect Murray to have a full rebound after last game. Dude is what, 5-0 now after a loss in the playoffs?

Also if pens lay on the shots like last game, they will get their chances. Jones was insane last game, but I don't know if he can continue that same level of play for at least 2 more games.

Today's going to be a good day, sun is shining and I'm going to my first Pirates game in almost a decade lol. Then back in time to hopefully see the pens raise it.

Let's go pens!

4 hours to go. Also feeling a Pens win tonight, but Jones is a freak of nature, so you never know. Hope that Kessel notches a couple to secure the Conn Smythe.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gonna miss most if not all of the game cause I'm visiting Soc and he doesnt have cable, so... GO SHORKS.

just in quick's hometown with my dad who's visiting and we'll be on the bus/ferry.. At least the ferry will likely show it.

Marvie_3

Banned

Let's go pens!
Pirates have some rad throwbacks on :D

Velcro Fly

Pens going to win tonight so I can enjoy E3 next week

I feel like unless Murray is dreadful like he was in the 1st of Game 5 that the Pens will win.

So much pressure on Jones to just carry the team in certain stretches. I feel like scoring first is also something the Pens need to do. Game 5 just felt different when the Sharks lead the entire game.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Penguins vs Sharks, Stanley Cup Final Game 6.

Come on Sharks, force a Game 7. I demand at least one more game past this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom