• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Andrew.

Banned
Thanks guys. I figured it was probably somewhere in the Compendium.

And yeah Pyro, I walked all the way back to the Well. It wasnt that bad, especially since most of the enemies on the way there avoid you so it ends up being a smooth trip. The Naja didn't take me long to capture either. It's a great ally.

JohngPR

And yeah Pyro, I walked all the way back to the Well. It wasnt that bad, especially since most of the enemies on the way there avoid you so it ends up being a smooth trip. The Naja didn't take me long to capture either. It's a great ally.

I walked back to finish one of the heartbroken quests I had in DDD, and went to the well to get some of the chests I missed. For some reason there were mostly Snake dudes this time and couldn't get one of the rabbit guys. :(

Still, I'm totally ready to travel to Autumnia...The only 3 sidequests I have left on my quest log require you to get on the ship I think.

Andrew.

Banned
I walked back to finish one of the heartbroken quests I had in DDD, and went to the well to get some of the chests I missed. For some reason there were mostly Snake dudes this time and couldn't get one of the rabbit guys. :(

Still, I'm totally ready to travel to Autumnia...The only 3 sidequests I have left on my quest log require you to get on the ship I think.

I love the look of the Rabbots. It looks like something out of Beyond Good & Evil. I havent used one yet though.

Is Autmnia the next area after Castaway Cove? I only have that Candle Cutter quest and three bounties, but to finish them I've gotta get my ship on.

alright, making that trip is the next thing I must do.

JollyWolf

I love the look of the Rabbots. It looks like something out of Beyond Good & Evil. I havent used one yet though.

Is Autmnia the next area after Castaway Cove? I only have that Candle Cutter quest and three bounties, but to finish them I've gotta get my ship on.

There is an area you go to before that.

JohngPR

Yes it is. I had the three bounties that Candle Cutter quest and the spice/curry quest from Al Mamoon. Decided to finish all of those before I went.

The Candle Cutter quest was a lot easier than I imagined. Just had to buy a
Flint Dagger from the Cawtermaster
and I already had the [/spoiler]emberstone[/spoiler] in my inventory. Don't know if recipes count as spoilers....just being cautious.

:p

Andrew.

Banned
There is an area you go to before that.

Damn really? At this rate I wont reach Autumnia until the weekend lol.

I bought the flint dagger already, but I'm gonna have to peruse my inventory to see if I have that other ingredient. I'm pretty sure I don't.

JollyWolf

Damn really? At this rate I wont reach Autumnia until the weekend lol.

I bought the flint dagger already, but I'm gonna have to peruse my inventory to see if I have that other ingredient. I'm pretty sure I don't.

Once you reach Autumnia,
You will be about 45% through the game.

Raxious

i cant seem to find em :s

edit:
I found em using the website version of the store. Using the normal store in the Netherlands didn't give me any results. Look for "golden hurly" and "Draggle".

Ricker

For Horace and the Nazaiir language thing,do I really have to write down the alphabet to try and decipher that phrase written at the top of that big egyptian looking like drawing in the Wizard book??? Jeepers ;)....

JollyWolf

For Horace and the Nazaiir language thing,do I really have to write down the alphabet to try and decipher that phrase written at the top of that big egyptian looking like drawing in the Wizard book??? Jeepers ;)....

No, you just look at the manual and right down the translated letter.

Beckx

jgAzzQDP5smAg.jpg

the small one with the arrow being the best spot, imo

So I went here last night looking for Tokos, but there were only mites, drongos and the like. Are they rare spawns, and is there a trick to make the island respawn?

Also, answering a question I posed earlier in the thread (in case someone ever has the same question I did, and searches for it): the griffy DLC code will unlock the ticket for every account on the PS3 that downloads & installs the DLC. I had figured this was more than likely the case (as it happened with every other DLC to date).

Emilbus

The two free DLC are up on the EU psn store.

There's also a free dynamic theme for PS+.

Yup, just go into the latest add-on section and filter by lowest prices. Free Draggle and golden Hurley! Guess it's for the delay, even though I got it last week. :)

Raxious

so thx to all the DLC, i got 4 of these familiar tickets. What do I do with em? I'm just at
the part were I'm gettin the new clothes

Andrew.

Banned
so thx to all the DLC, i got 4 of these familiar tickets. What do I do with em? I'm just at
the part were I'm gettin the new clothes

You won't need them for awhile
When you reach the Trials, talk to the Great Sage and he will give you the Fams when you give him the tix

TTG

Just got my first additional party member, any way to look up what battle tactics do what? Specifically, the difference between back up and keep us healthy stuff.

Also, someone mentioned that certain familiars and characters go well together. Not that it matters now, but how do I look that up?

Goli

Just got my first additional party member, any way to look up what battle tactics do what? Specifically, the difference between back up and keep us healthy stuff.

Also, someone mentioned that certain familiars and characters go well together. Not that it matters now, but how do I look that up?

I think the back-up thing means helping defeat enemies and buffing/debuffing, while keep us healthy is basically "heal us."

You can tell which familiars go well with which characters by looking at those little icons that appear when you switch familiars on the right side of the little menu window with the characters/familiars.

RPGCrazied

Guess I'm finally at the end?

On the airship, and if I talk to Kublia he says to spend the night to prepare for the final battle. The Witch's castle just shown up. Do you not get to fight the council of 12? That would really be a shame if you don't get to.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ok guys, i dled the free 2 famillairs from the psn store, i got the game early in europe so i cant pick up my Griffy dlc yet, gotta wait till friday.

What are the best stats i can make my beginning familairs? I understand you can feed them? What should i focus on?

Im asking this because WKC2 REALLY fucked me over cause i didnt have a bow user class so i was stuck forever on a certain boss... im still sick about that cause i want to finish it someday but cant.

Goli

Guess I'm finally at the end?

On the airship, and if I talk to Kublia he says to spend the night to prepare for the final battle. The Witch's castle just shown up. Do you not get to fight the council of 12? That would really be a shame if you don't get to.

Yes, you're at the end. And you do
fight one of the Council, Gallus, the one that takes you through time and helps you throughout the story. The rest aren't fought due to reasons explained in the game, but Gallus is because he's a little different than the others but I won't spoil who he really is :).

Jarnet87

How is the strategy guide for the game? Looked nice in pictures. I grabbed a copy of the game and the guide off gamestop this morning, should arrive by the weekend.

Andrew.

Banned
How is the strategy guide for the game? Looked nice in pictures. I grabbed a copy of the game and the guide off gamestop this morning, should arrive by the weekend.

Strategy guide is beautiful, extremely helpful (for example it gives an exp level reccomendation for each dungeon) and smells lovely to boot.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
When you enter a PSN code for a DLC familiar, will it be in your game already if you started one prior to entering the code or do you have to start a new game?

Aeana

When you enter a PSN code for a DLC familiar, will it be in your game already if you started one prior to entering the code or do you have to start a new game?
It'll show up when you open the camp menu. You get a ticket for the familiar, and you redeem it at the Temple of Trials. You can do this no matter where you are in the game provided you've reached that location already.

Raxious

I think I overleveled for the area im at :p

Oliver and Mitey are lvl 9, Lemahl ( second familiar u get ) is lvl 7, and im at the Ding Dong Well

Torraz

Just bought it retail, in the Netherlands. Going to hop in in an hour or two.

Any tips for someone who was on a complete media blackout?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It'll show up when you open the camp menu. You get a ticket for the familiar, and you redeem it at the Temple of Trials. You can do this no matter where you are in the game provided you've reached that location already.

Awesome! Thanks!

lets try a third time. does anyone have info on griffy? just trying to decide on his final form and when i should upgrade him. I don't want to miss out on any tricks.

khaaan

I mentioned it in the other thread but the strategy guide is great. It does its job well and you could probably get the same information from a FAQ but it's got a fantastic visual layout with great art pieces thrown about. My favorite part though is that at the end of the guide they feature interviews with about three or four people from Level 5 and Studio Ghibli, really interesting to see some of that insight. There's also some early concept art and storyboards for some of the scenes in the game.

Raxious

Just bought it retail, in the Netherlands. Going to hop in in an hour or two.

Any tips for someone who was on a complete media blackout?

sit back and enjoy, dont skip any of the cutscenes etc. That's what I've been doing. This is comin from someone who went on a media blackout as well ;)

khaaan

Not reading the topic, but why is he discussing Ni No Kuni in a topic about gaming journalism?

In a nutshell:

-People are worrying out about their order in the other Ni No Kuni thread. No one is quite sure what's going on and if their order is actually legit.
-Rumbalumba feels fine about his orders, tells everyone to "chillax". Also mentions he has an order for scalping on ebay placed.
-I'm almost sure he used some sort of negative/hostile term towards all the people who were worried about their orders. Not 100% positive though.
-During the cancellations, Rumbalumba gets one of his orders cancelled. Soon after, his other orders get cancelled as well.
-At that point he asks everyone to petition/email Namco or something like that
-People tell him to chillax

Edit:

So to answer your question. There was a discussion about the recent Ben Kuchera twitter debacle, specifically a mini-discussion about why he's so upset/angry. Someone suggested that Kuchera is upset because he didn't get his Ni No Kuni Wizards edition, and that Rumbalumba should tell Kuchera to chillax. Upset that this was still being brought up, he posted a major spoiler about the game....and now he's banned.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death, but is there any chance that this game will come to Vita or PC at some point? I'm really intrigued, but don't have a PS3.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death, but is there any chance that this game will come to Vita or PC at some point? I'm really intrigued, but don't have a PS3.

I doubt it very much. And I would usually never suggest people buy a console just for one piece of software, but OMG THIS GAME! I think I may be addicted.

TTG

Ah, finally feels like the game opened up with the ability to capture familiars. There's still a party member spot unfilled from what I can tell though, it really does take its sweet time to get going. A couple of thoughts on the mechanics so far:

-I really like that everything is highlighted on the minimap in a town. On one hand, the first 2 towns feel very condensed compared to the JPRGs I remember playing on the older generation of hardware, on the other, I like not having to run around talking to EVERYONE to take on side quests.

-The game is very charming, but you're gonna stick me in a sewer/catacombs and then a volcano with a forest sandwiched in the middle? Here's this fantastical parallel universe! Here you'll find all your typical videogame levels, sweet.

-Also like the familiar system, just hope I don't end up using like 5 of them throughout the whole game.

-I need some sort of warning light/notification for when my health gets low. The health meters are rather small, the only times I've died have been as a result of simply not noticing that it's time to heal.

I doubt it very much. And I would usually never suggest people buy a console just for one piece of software, but OMG THIS GAME! I think I may be addicted.

It really is awesome, I'm glad they took their time with this game. I had a friend over while playing and he was extremely impressed just by the overworld. The game was just crafted with some much detail.

Top Bottom