• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIN News - Closure DVD, Downward Spiral 5.1 and Dave Grohl. New album? 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

the new nin access (http://nin.com/access/index.html) has a bunch of details regarding releases for this fall, including the long awaited closure dvd, a 5.1 special edition of downward spiral, and dave grohl doing drums on the new record.

oh, and the new album is planned for next year. sure.

BuddyC

sidenote: i will readily admit how wrong i was about closure coming to dvd. reznor also sounds like an angst-ridden teen in that access.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Diablos said:
Dave Grohl playing drums on the next NIN record?
Doesn't seem like the band's style... o_O

Grohl's drummed for Killing Joke. There's very little aural difference between NIN and Killing Joke.

Dead

well not really...yet
scola said:
Do what I do, don't learn the lyrics and the music is a-ok ;)
heh yeah. The Fragile is absolutely fantastic musically. I mean really fantastic, but lyrically its just...ugh, exposed Trents deficency with lyrics..... The downward Spiral is also showing its faults to me now. Broken is still good though.

SD-Ness

Both the music and lyrics are appealing at first. But then you realize the lyrics are immature and just like the cool sounds musically. Maybe if I had liked NiN at an early age the songs would have stuck to me longer.

Anyway, anticipating the new album.

SKluck

Banned
Um... well considering no one has heard any new lyrical material from Trent in like 5 years, you can't really say it's going to be 'angst-ridden', or as much so as before.

Killing Joke is nothing like NIN.

SKluck said:
Um... well considering no one has heard any new lyrical material from Trent in like 5 years, you can't really say it's going to be 'angst-ridden', or as much so as before.

Eh, that's what people were saying before The Fragile.

I don't mind the lyrics, though. They aren't exactly clever, but they fit the music well...I can't imagine Reznor the philosophical poet.

BuddyC

Eminem said:
I posted the Grohl shit days ago. Learn to use the search funtion you savages.
Bah, no one cares about Grohl. It's the Closure DVD and Downward Spiral 5.1 that are the real news here.

Diablos said:
I think NIN just needs to stop

NIN is one of the few bands that managed to escape the death music train that is the 90's and still put out amazing material. I can't say the same for Billy.

webcam8.jpg

I'm in shock, but Grohl is a lot like Chris Vrenna when it comes to drumming, so it's a pretty good match. Jerome Dillon was a very subtle drummer, Chris and Grohl rock out and are more intense.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
SKluck said:

Killing Joke is nothing like NIN.

Have you heard the newest album? Similar distortion techniques, a shit load of screaming, etc. etc.

Diablos

kitchenmotors said:
NIN is one of the few bands that managed to escape the death music train that is the 90's and still put out amazing material. I can't say the same for Billy.

webcam8.jpg

I'm in shock, but Grohl is a lot like Chris Vrenna when it comes to drumming, so it's a pretty good match. Jerome Dillon was a very subtle drummer, Chris and Grohl rock out and are more intense.

Watch me not care. NIN sucks. There, I said it.

I'm excited at the posibility of all the things that could be included on the DVD of Closure. The Fragile Era videos, The Broken Movie, and stuff that never made it into the original release of Closure. I know Trent has a huge backlog of shit that never sees the light of day, so it's not like he'd have any trouble finding extras.

I wonder what will be on the second disc of the TDS reissue.

I'm also positive the new album will be out early 2005. Trent seems to be working overtime on getting his shit together. He has a good crew around him now, so I'm sure there's plenty of motivation there. The other night they were in studio for like 5 hours with Grohl recording just precussion. I have great hope.

And Jerome Dillon is officially no longer with NIN. :/ So I can imagine Grohl possibly going on tour next year.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
all i want on the closure dvd is that 'behind-the-scenes of the closer video' footage that was making its way around ebay by some selfish asshole wanting to profit off it :p

GIMME

and, tds in 5.1 will be insane. octobers shaping up to be a great month :D

Laurent

Closure is a closure between the old Nine Inch Nails (from Pretty Hate Machine to A Perfect Drug) and the new Nine Inch Nails (from The Day the World went Away to his next album). You won't see anything related to his new (much better) genre in Closure.

Laurent said:
Closure is a closure between the old Nine Inch Nails (from Pretty Hate Machine to A Perfect Drug) and the new Nine Inch Nails (from The Day the World went Away to his next album). You won't see anything related to his new (much better) genre in Closure.

I beg to differ. While in reality Trent saw Closure as a way to move NIN forward, I feel that now more than ever, Closure means everything from before. NIN is changing more than ever, even now...after all these years. Trent has talked about doing live shows that are much different in scope and scale than from what he's done in the past. He's fired John M. and gone through what seems to be a complete transformation of his ideals on music and structure. Closure now, really does mean Closure, especially after all Trent has gone through in the time between Closure and The Fragile/And All That Could Have Been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom