• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack 1 is up for download.

gunstarhero

Delete if old.

Just downloaded and played for a bit - new costumes are cool, intercept technique seems like it's going to be very useful, user control on the camera is nice - and either my skills are rusty, or this game is much harder (i'm betting a little bit of both). White ninjas are the new blue ninjas it seems - and the batch in the first "glossy floor" room are beating my ass something ugly, damn.

Old game just got new again - thanx Tecmo!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
If I download this can I manually disable it from within the game? I've yet to beat it and I'm afraid since I haven't played it a while I will get ruthlessly slapped around.

rastex

Banned
oooh... I just started a new game today (based on the old MNT rules) and found the game to be somewhat easy (last time I played it was on Very Hard :) )

Now I gotta go download this!

How do you access the new costumes??

Redbeard

Banned
For the new costumes all you do is hold down the black or white button when selecting a mission from the tournament.

I can barely make it to the new weapon which is found in the first level.

Do you have to do anything special to get this stuff? I already beat the game once, but the game won't connect me. I don't get it. Everything is hooked up right and I still have a few months on my subscription. I just downloaded some XBL update a couple of days ago too.

BojTrek

Banned
I am currently downloading it... It is completely seperate from the original... you can play old saves without the patch...

rastex

Banned
Oni Link 666, I think you might have to register to enter the tournament go to www.ninjagaidengame.com and you can register there.

Man, I just downloaded and played it for a bit. It's *significantly* harder. I died a couple of times at the glossy floored room, for some reason the usual techniques just dont' work anymore. Third time through I started using the intercept technique and that started to really kick their ass and I got through without losing any life (I got hit a couple of times but picked up blue orbs as well). You really gotta use the ultimate techniques correctly now or you won't stand a chance. I also got to the new pole weapon which roooocks, very very fun to use. And one thing to note is that you actually start off with the nunchucku!! I didn't know that until I picked up the new weapon and went to switch to it.

Oh, and another thing is that the white ninjas are now BLACK, and the black ninjas now have a grab!!! I beat the first level in 12 minutes but still got NINJA DOG!!! I don't know what it takes to get a great rating but when I played it on normal earlier today I got greater ninja, and I played almost the exact same way.

Man I love this game!!!

BojTrek

Banned
I just played and the camera seems different... but the enemies were the same on a game...

Do I have beat the Ninja Tournament to see the changes?

BuddyC

Played for just a bit, due to a massive headache I've got going on. The camera just feels natural and right. Seems harder, and the way they changed up intercept will definately change the way I play. Cool stuff.

rastex

Banned
BojTrek said:
I just played and the camera seems different... but the enemies were the same on a game...

Do I have beat the Ninja Tournament to see the changes?

The enemies are not the same. The normal ninjas you fight at the beginning are replaced with White ninjas (that are harder) and the white ninjas are replaced with black ninjas that kick your ass and stab you in the back >_<

Brannon

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I'M GIGGLING!?

This really is awesome shit.

ONCE AGAIN-- INFINITE GIGGLES AND AWESOME SHIT.

explodet

TekunoRobby said:
If I download this can I manually disable it from within the game? I've yet to beat it and I'm afraid since I haven't played it a while I will get ruthlessly slapped around.
From everything I've heard, once you've upgraded, you can't go back.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Does anyone know of another way to get this? I don't currently have broadband and don't wanna have to register for XBox Live just to use it once on my cousin's broadband connection.

I have a modded XBox if that will help any.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Minotauro said:
Does anyone know of another way to get this? I don't currently have broadband and don't wanna have to register for XBox Live just to use it once on my cousin's broadband connection.

I have a modded XBox if that will help any.

No other way.. yet

Troidal

Well it seems you can't play the regular game with the new patch, you basically are replaying the game just like always.

You can only play with the new patch under the Tournament mode with the new costumes, weapons, and camera. And to play Tournament, you have to be connected to Live, so this seems to be purely a Live-only feature.

I thought I could play this on the regular game... :-/

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Someone on the ign boards said if you save it online during the tournament mode,you can then load your save and play it offline..I have no idea if this is true :\

Brannon

It would have to be, unless the game had to modify the save file every time you went on or offline and played the game, and that would be a hassle and possibly damaging. Making a couple of saves at the first save point should ensure that you get plenty of Hurricane ownage.

Speaking of which, I am getting fuckered. Everything I knew has been made obsolete on the FIRST FREAKING LEVEL. And I'm lovin' it. The new stuff gets even more love though; Intercept+Y has saved my ass too many times to count already.

NotMSRP

Is there a way to get Live content onto a CDR and use that to load on a new fresh Xbox? Just asking if there's a way to get downloadable stuff without XBL. Doesn't matter if it is troublesome hoop jumping. Can it be done?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
boy, i've really forgotten how to play ninja gaiden. i got creamed halfway through the first level. or maybe it's just that much harder. i suppose i'll find out. i'm glad for an excuse to play more ninja gaiden, anyway. my game clock already shows nearly 50 hours -- i accidentally left it on overnight once, but that's still remarkable -- and this should be good for at least another 10. and that's 50 hours of more or less wall-to-wall fun, not some distended rpg timesink. what a ridiculously great game.

edit: it's a pain in the ass that you need to stay connected to live...i moved my xbox and a little tv over to the router just to download this. hopefully you can in fact play it offline by saving, or i'll have to buy a wireless access point. :/

explodet

So this is a new mode and doesn't affect the regular game.
They could have made it clearer when they announced this.

Sounds kick-ass, though.

Well, that sucks that I have to register. The credit card that my XBL is under is my Mom's and it was stolen and then cancelled a while back. I'll have to call her and get the number if she has it. I downloaded with my friend's account though. The tiger mask costume is pretty cool.

Mrbob

Holy crap. The first stage just kicked my ass.

The Lunar weapon is cool. But incredibly weak against multiple enemies at its first level. This is much tougher than before. I'm a bit rusty though. I'll get back into the swing though!

BeOnEdge

Banned
on a related note, longbeach pgr2 kicks ass!!! i just downloaded it today and have been playing it almost all day!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
BeOnEdge said:
on a related note, longbeach pgr2 kicks ass!!! i just downloaded it today and have been playing it almost all day!

wuts so good about it?

Pachinko

HOLY GODS

I'd beaten this game on normal but barely touched it at the harder levels, I can't believe how hard it is now. Jebus. I died 3 times before even getting to the first save point.

Brannon

Made it to Chapter 3 and calling it a night. For shits and giggles (damn, can't escape that), I started a game the normal way. It's like a Gameshark snuck into the game somehow. I don't see myself going back to the normal game any time soon; it's all about the eye of the storm.

Hurricane, baby.

Demigod Mac

Doesn't seem any faster to me.

Beat Murai already.

The staff weapon is cool looking, but the dragon sword is still far superior.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Any more info on playing your save game off xbox live yet?

I can't try it cause i'm waiting for my new disc drive

You can save in the middle of the level and start at the same place offline. You're still playing the same thing though. You can't use the new costumes or camera in an old save.

Suikoguy

Thats good to hear,

Thanks for the info

gunstarhero

Bump for the A.M. crowd -

Has anyone noticed "hiccups" while playing? Is this because I'm connected to LIVE during play?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
gunstarhero said:
Bump for the A.M. crowd -

Has anyone noticed "hiccups" while playing? Is this because I'm connected to LIVE during play?

Yep! They are slight, but I noticed those as well.

rastex

Banned
DJ Brannon said:
Made it to Chapter 3 and calling it a night. For shits and giggles (damn, can't escape that), I started a game the normal way. It's like a Gameshark snuck into the game somehow. I don't see myself going back to the normal game any time soon; it's all about the eye of the storm.

Hurricane, baby.

Damn you!!

I made it to the beginning of level 2 but the suped up wizards kicked my ass. I'm gonna start a new game and try to raise my ranking on the first level, Ninja Dog just isn't going to cut it >_<

Top Bottom