• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo attempts to reel in the suckers with their new bundle

Gerber

Banned
160x600.gif

So it comes with both Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Exchos AND a bonus disk highlighted in yellow??? Oh boyz!! :D

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Gerber is saying the format of the ad is confusing.

And I suppose it could be, but the product description and packaging would clear things up.

Gerber

Banned
I think you all have missed the boat. The fact that it lists:

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

and then below it

Demo Disk(in yellow) is awful suspicious. It's vague marketing. Some people will read that and think both are full titles. If they wanted to be honest, they would have said demo disk in white right next to Metroid Prime 2. It's perfectly legal and totally sneaky.

Ask yourself, why is 'demo disk' highlighted and not 'Metroid Prime 2'? Sneaky sneaky sneaky, makes you thinky theres a bonus disk and MP2.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Because it is a Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disk as opposed to just Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.

And it doesn't look like there was a lot of horizontal room to put it on the same line.

Yeah, I noticed Target's ad, for example, didn't even mention it was a demo at all. They just said Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. I can't blame that on NoA itself.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Also, if you look at the bottom right, you clearly see two disks: one that says metroid prime, and the other that says "Met Ech Bonus Disk"

Spike

Look at the picture. It clearly shows 2 discs.

Besides, isn't that just part of the ad? Isn't there another page? I've seen these ads in many magazines. I think they're either Target or Wal-Mart ads in magazines.

Seriously, give it up.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Am I seeing a different add? The one I'm getting shows 3 game logos (Baten Kaitos, Echoes, RE4), then it flashes to a screen saying "3 killer games. 1 place to play them." And that's the whole thing.

Mama Smurf said:
Am I seeing a different add? The one I'm getting shows 3 game logos (Baten Kaitos, Echoes, RE4), then it flashes to a screen saying "3 killer games. 1 place to play them." And that's the whole thing.
yup, thats what i see.
[edit]: reloaded, now its the metroid ad...

I bought the Prime bundle today, and I already have a (black) GameCube. Well worth the purchase for hardcore Nintendo fans. I love the packaging; has a holographic appearance. Metroid Prime 2 owns as well.

Top Bottom