• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.10.25 - Oct. 25, 7AM EDT

IrishNinja

yep. Arino is a comedian who is average at video games. each episode he tries to complete a retro game in a single sitting (usually 12 hours or so). there are also segments where he visits arcades and stuff. it's very hilarious.

you can get a DVD of some of the best challenges subtitled into English from Amazon, and for episodes not commercially released the something awful game center cx team bring the fansubs.

definately worth tracking down and checking out.

that actually does sound pretty cool, got a link?

massoluk

Banned
Oh man, it can only be better if Miyamoto make a surprise visit while Arino is playing.

EDIT: Show him how it's done Iwata.

OH IT IS ON

Hahaha, Iwata showing those skills but this sequence is reminding me that I really miss Hip Tanaka's regular compositions. =(

Sushigod7

I was hoping for the Majora's Mask 3DS announcement here I'm disappointed again. But can't wait to see some gif's of Iwata playing balloon fight.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Iwata programmed Balloon Fight if I recall correctly.

He did.

Producer
⌂ Gunpei Yokoi

Director
⌂ Satoru Okada

Design
⌂ Yoshio Sakamoto

Program
⌂ Satoru Iwata

Sound
⌂ Hirokazu Tanaka

Executive Producer
⌂ Hiroshi Yamauchi

... they're.

There = location. IE: "I am going there."
Their = possessive form of they. (I, you, he, she, we, they -> My, your, his, her, our, their). IE: "I drank all of their beer."
They're = contraction of They are. "They're going to Disneyland"

LEAVE ME ALONE

OH IT IS ON

Hahaha, Iwata showing those skills but this sequence is reminding me that I really miss Hip Tanaka's regular compositions. =(

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing a few hours ago. lol Back in '84 when NES music (game music in general) sucked, he made Balloon Fight's awesome music.

Did he also do Gyromite/Robot Gyro?

japtor

that actually does sound pretty cool, got a link?
Search YouTube for GameCenter CX, there's a bunch of subbed episodes. Otherwise there's some that were shown for the US that Kotaku picked up the rights to as "Retro Game Master", the announcer was (poorly) dubbed and not subbed as well, but otherwise they're decent enough. Not sure if those are still up or if they're only on DVD now.

This is the DVD box on Amazon, please support this so we get more!

and this is the best place to get torrents of the fansubs. http://alluvion.org/

the person who subtitled the official DVDs is one of the fan subbers, so the best way to support them is by starting with the official release, or at least ordering that, and then diving into some episodes :)

I want to support them, but I've heard "Retro Game Master" is really chopped up, like they "over-localized" it, to quote a comment I read, and that it was missing segments. Is that true?

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing a few hours ago. lol Back in '84 when NES music (game music in general) sucked, he made Balloon Fight's awesome music.

Did he also do Gyromite/Robot Gyro?
I'm pretty sure Hip did Gyromite as well.

Looking at his recent musical resume, I feel that his musical talents are really being wasted as president of Creatures. While I appreciate his contributions to Pokemon management and development, there's something sad about one of my favourite composers not having an active role in development. Does he train or teach musical staff at all?

It seems that his passion for music still remains, he performed at that Japanese music festival a while ago.

Chai from Super Mario Land -- forever you Mister Tanaka. =(

Top Bottom