• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.10.25 - Oct. 25, 7AM EDT

japtor

I want to support them, but I've heard "Retro Game Master" is really chopped up, like they "over-localized" it, to quote a comment I read, and that it was missing segments. Is that true?
Well they cut it down to just the challenges, which isn't too bad considering that's the meat of the program. The other extra stuff is kinda neat though.

This explains everything:
http://tinycartridge.com/post/32676131793/on-retro-game-master-and-getting-mad-for-the-right

Ban Puncher

I want to support them, but I've heard "Retro Game Master" is really chopped up, like they "over-localized" it, to quote a comment I read, and that it was missing segments. Is that true?

The DVD release was re-translated by zari-gani, the main translator for the Something Awful forums GC-CX fansubs, so there is none of that Kotaku stank on the set. Buy with confidence.

The DVD release was re-translated by zari-gani, the main translator for the Something Awful GC-CX fansubs, so there is none of that Kotaku stank on the set. Buy with confidence.

right, and the original narration with subtitles is available as an option on most of the episodes, and it's the only option on the two new episodes they did that Kotaku didn't.

some of the challenges are extended beyond what was shown on TV also. the removal of all the segments happens on the japanese DVD releases too, due to rights problems.

@MUWANdo

Banned

The DVD translation is really good, but it's missing the non-challenge segments from each episode due to licensing issues (ie they couldn't includes footage from inside arcades or whatever, so those segments aren't on the DVD). They added a bunch of extra challenges and recorded some new ones to compensate.

Looking at his recent musical resume, I feel that [Tanaka's] musical talents are wasted as president of Creatures. While I appreciate his contributions to Pokemon management and development, there's something sad about this usurping his musical occupations.

lol that's similar to how I feel about Junichi Masuda switching roles to producer, director, and designer of recent Pokémon titles. Those Pokémon are stealing the good musicians. :(

(To be fair, Masuda does make some music still.)

squall23

It sure is. I imported from the U.K. for $30 and never looked back.

Too bad I can't do the same thing now... :(
The best thing about the game was the online community that made programs and download hubs.

1. Buy game
2. Put game on flashcart
3. Download save editor program
4. Download awesome fan made songs from download hubs
5. Insert songs into save files through editor and bypass song limit
6. ???
7. Profit

He's performed at a few chip music concerts recently, if I recall.

They really need to get him on doing some new Famicom music for something.

As soon as you said that, Muda from Super Mario Land started playing. Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

He'll probably contribute to the next Smash Bros.

[PS: It is now playing Darkmoon Caverns. Resume your infatuation with life.]

The best thing about the game was the online community that made programs and download hubs.

1. Buy game
2. Put game on flashcart
3. Download save editor program
4. Download awesome fan made songs from download hubs
5. Insert songs into save files through editor and bypass song limit
6. ???
7. Profit

Oh yes, I spent plenty of time getting a whole lot of Mega Man music. :p (Too bad my flash cart doesn't work on 3DS anymore...)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Someone may have already said this, but it looks to me like the framerate of Luigi's Mansion is greatly improved in the new footage shown, particularly when using the vacuum (which previously was jumping down to single frames in some of the prior demos).

jump to footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcRTDr3BwaU#t=60m15s

I'm very happy about this because the demo I tried had some problems regarding the frame rate (other visual aspects were simply great instead)

For those with a JP 3DS and who are interested, the 3D E.X Troopers movie is up.

This game looks sweet. Has quickly jumped from a 'probably' to a 'must' for me.

Luigi's Mansion looks awesome too. As does Nintendo Town in Animal Crossing. I'll be per-purchasing my card, downloading over night and then playing on my flight in to Tokyo!

PLEASE tell me they will have a translated version of this. The youtube CC translation is rough.

I really want to watch the conversation between Iwata and Arino

so what can we expect to see in the NA direct?

Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion... Pullbox 2....

Epic Mickey and Castlevania?
More 3DS possibilities:

1st party: Paper Mario 3, Layton 5, Brain-Age 3, NSMB2 dlc, Fluidity SC, Tokyo Crash Mobs, Fire Emblem, LEGO City, Harmo Knight, Picross-e

3rd party: Skylanders 2, Sonic All-Stars Racing 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited, MH3U, Etrian Odyssey IV, Rabbids Rumble, Guild 01 stuff, other eShop stuff (Nicalis, Renegade Kid, Shin'en, etc), new 2013 announcements? (Devil Summoner, Bravely Default, EXTroopers, Rune Factory 4, etc, etc), Video Apps (Hulua Plus, Youtube)

Thanks for all the answers on the DVDs. Shame that some of the original segments can't be included, but I'm glad to hear the subtitling is good.

VerTiGo

Banned
Dragon Quest X for Wii U sounds like hype. Looks like the time for this ver. 2 will polish it up. K, i'll bite when the time comes....

Busaiku

Reggae pls
5z4ck.png

Give us Pikachu!

AzaK

Just read Cheesy's summary in the OP (Thanks Cheesy) and none of that makes me want to keep my 3DS. I'm still going to sell it and I think this will be my last Nintendo handheld. I just think they don't have the types of games I want to play.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I think this thread got forgotten after the NOA on happened, but I will say I'm impressed that Nintendo has partnered to get a music service on the 3DS.

ohlawd

Just read Cheesy's summary in the OP (Thanks Cheesy) and none of that makes me want to keep my 3DS. I'm still going to sell it and I think this will be my last Nintendo handheld. I just think they don't have the types of games I want to play.

We told you last time too lol.

Don't bother with handhelds if all you want are Western games.

Kouriozan

Hope you'll find something you like more than a 3DS.

AzaK

We told you last time too lol.

Don't bother with handhelds if all you want are Western games.
I'm a sucker for punishment. But I was just holding out a little hope we'd see a few more western titles.

Hope you'll find something you like more than a 3DS.
I think I will. Wii U. I don't play 3DS out of my house anyway and so Wii Us off tv play will be great and will have games I'm more interested in.

extralite

20:02 Crashmo now: Hiku-Otsu in Japanese. Blocks that have had support removed now drop down. Rewind your moves. All-direction push. Crashmo 700 yen on 10/31, or 500 yen until 10/30.

500 yen until the 30th is a bargain sale for the predecessor Hiku-osu/Pullblox/Pushmo. Hiku-otsu/Crashmo will launch on 31st for 700 yen.

Already preordered Paper Mario on Newegg but got alot more interest after looking at the video in detail. It's definitely packed and has some good puzzle solving

try getting a PS Vita, you could find some gems there.

Is lego city 3ds canceled or.......Seriously the game is supposed to launch in a few months and we still don't know anything about the 3ds version. AND WHERE THE HELL IS FLIPNOTE STUDIO 3DS

Drago

So, are we just going to learn of any BF special editions/new colors the week before they release? I think it was around that timeframe that we found out the Zelda 3DS was coming over for Black Friday...

I would be really, really surprised if NoA didn't release the NSMB2 3DS XL over here.

Top Bottom