• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.10.25 - Oct. 25, 7AM EDT

Forkball

Not sure why people are clamoring for SSB. Sakurai said a few months ago that he's barely thought about it. 2015 game at the earliest.

that's the place i don't live though
Yes, but if you are a fan of Japanese developed games, it means that you might want to start paying attention to the Wii U as it could very well be THE place for Japanese console games in this coming generation. Well, Japanese console games that aren't about putting pictures of naked cartoon teenagers on your screen, at least.

Nintendo announces Nintendo direct focusing on holiday lineup.

People complain when no new software is announced.

Welcome to GAF.

People go in looking for hurt. I'm waiting for IGN to release all the Miiverse news this afternoon for example and new Zelda in US Nintendo Direct.

Its more fun this way :p

Iwata said:
People who present video games are usually good at them

wS8S0.gif

demidar

So this is what it's like when Iwata is not being a boss.

This feels weird, almost like he's a... normal person. No, that can't be.

Nintendo isn't going to announce anything really noteworthy until at least March when their launch window closes. I don't know why you guys were expecting anything major.

Yes, but if you are a fan of Japanese developed games, it means that you might want to start paying attention to the Wii U as it could very well be THE place for Japanese console games in this coming generation. Well, Japanese console games that aren't about putting pictures of naked cartoon teenagers on your screen, at least.
Haha, fear not my good man, there is a very good reason as to why I plan my schedules accordin to the Nintendo Direct calender~ =P

While it's difficult for me to feel that any post-NES generation could supercede this 7th in revolutionary paradigm shifts... but for the Japanese industry (including Nintend), WE SHALL SEE.

tkscz

LUIGI'S MANSION 2! FUCK YEAH
NON-SPECIFIC DAY IN 2013! Awww.... :(

Oh well, I want the game, but I want it to be good, so I'll wait.

ASIS

What is going on and why is this in Nintendo Direct? And WTF is gamecenter CX?

I don't generally watch Nintendo Directs, usually I'm late on that. But are they all this....strange?

So I am guessing this is a popular entertainment/video game show in Japan?

yep. Arino is a comedian who is average at video games. each episode he tries to complete a retro game in a single sitting (usually 12 hours or so). there are also segments where he visits arcades and stuff. it's very hilarious.

you can get a DVD of some of the best challenges subtitled into English from Amazon, and for episodes not commercially released the something awful game center cx team bring the fansubs.

definately worth tracking down and checking out.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Their not, their (laughs)

... they're.

There = location. IE: "I am going there."
Their = possessive form of they. (I, you, he, she, we, they -> My, your, his, her, our, their). IE: "I drank all of their beer."
They're = contraction of They are. "They're going to Disneyland"

Top Bottom