• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Just a coincidence, gifs aren't ban worthy.

Glad to know. Hopefully we will use this one after the Direct

lL1Vvk6.gif

Ansatz

Finite resources, really.

Flagship no longer exists - or it does, but it's part of the Zelda core team now, so the number of people that can design a Zelda game from the ground up is probably pretty low. Wii U Zelda is likely all-hands-on-deck since WWHD and ALBW finished, Grezzo is a good port house but they probably don't have the chops to make a new original Zelda on their own.

They could, however, take the work done on OoT3D and parlay that into Majora's Mask 3D fairly easily.

And Iwata just said at the briefing that their plan is to have 3rd parties work on spinoff titles in between major releases, so essentially think Hyrule Warriors and to an extent Captain Toad as snacks between dinner.

Frolow

Banned
Has there been any speculation about what specific games this Nintendo Direct is going to be talking about?

Probably new Smash Bros, Amiibo, Splatoon, S.T.E.A.M, and Xenoblade X info. As for new announcements, we have no idea. Next Level Games has been pretty quiet since they released Luigi's Mansion 2 though, I'd expect an announcement on what they're working on anytime now.

Seik

Banned
Iwata: ''As many of you may already know, I was being absent during some times because I was having a health-related issue lately. At my surprise, I received a big 'Get Better' card from fans around the world who also are members of a forum called Neogaf. I'd like to take this opportunity, here, today, to thank each and everyone of you who took some of their time to realize this project.

As a sign of recognizance, I went on this forum to take a look at what kind of game people would like to see on their Nintendo consoles in the future. I was very surprised to see one specific franchise being mentioned so many times: F-Zero.

So, it is my pleasure to announce this newly developed exclusive title for the Nintendo Wii U, directly to you.''

* New F-Zero trailer starts, GAF dies, hearts melt, bomb drops.*

Litri

We have no idea. Next Level Games has been pretty quiet since they released Luigi's Mansion 2 though, I'd expect an announcement on what they're working on anytime now.

True, totally forgot about them. They must be cooking something.

emb

And Iwata just said at the briefing that their plan is to have 3rd parties work on spinoff titles in between major releases, so essentially think Hyrule Warriors and to an extent Captain Toad as snacks between dinner.
I'm 100% in favor of more snacks like Hyrule Warriors. Loved that game.

AniHawk

Probably new Smash Bros, Amiibo, Splatoon, S.T.E.A.M, and Xenoblade X info. As for new announcements, we have no idea. Next Level Games has been pretty quiet since they released Luigi's Mansion 2 though, I'd expect an announcement on what they're working on anytime now.

maybe next year. it took four years to make luigi's mansion 2, and we didn't see it until e3 2012, about a year before its release. going by that schedule, we could see something that winds up as a 2016 title.

TheMoon

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was listed for 2014 in a Japanese Direct early last year.

It started development at least in 2011 and there was quite a bit of gameplay footage in January 2013. It'll come next year.

It was a global 2014 game up until E3 when it was universally pushed to 2015.

Frolow

Banned
maybe next year. it took four years to make luigi's mansion 2, and we didn't see it until e3 2012, about a year before its release. going by that schedule, we could see something that winds up as a 2016 title.

Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced at the 2011 E3 conference. Didn't know it was in development for so long though.

tsab

Iwata: ''As many of you may already know, I was having a health-related issue lately. At my surprise, I received a big 'Get Better' card from fans around the world who also are members of a forum called Neogaf. I'd like to take this opportunity, here, today, to thank each and everyone of you who took some of their time to realize this project.

As a sign of recognizance, I went on this forum to take a look at what kind of game people would like to see on their Nintendo consoles in the future. I was very surprised to see one specific franchise being mentioned so many times: F-Zero.

So, it is my pleasure to announce this newly developed exclusive title for the Nintendo Wii U, directly to you.''

What if the health issues of Iwata makes him resurface the vitality sensor and make a Health Check App for WiiU and 3DS? Send the data via Infrared to 3DS and WiiU to upload to your subscribed hospital. 1 day hospital pass for 9.99€/$ of your choice. The first 10minute hospital pass for free.

QOL step 2

Weren't Next Level running another project(s) alongside LM2 that subsequently got canned? I don't think they had their full staff on LM2 for four years running.

Chaos17

Iwata: ''As many of you may already know, I was being absent during some times because I was having a health-related issue lately. At my surprise, I received a big 'Get Better' card from fans around the world who also are members of a forum called Neogaf. I'd like to take this opportunity, here, today, to thank each and everyone of you who took some of their time to realize this project.

I want to know what he though about our card, now :O

Has there been any speculation about what specific games this Nintendo Direct is going to be talking about?

F-zero UX for wiiu and XXX for 3ds
Advance Wars 3d
Golden sun 1 remade in full 3d for wiiu
Wave Race: Megaton Tsunami for wiiu.
Splatoon and call of duty are doing a cross-promotion. Ghosts Dog is a playable character. Activision is also in charge of the quick-time events in the campaign mode.
Next metroid is a 3ds remake of other m because sakamoto is convinced that more exposure will help it find a fanbase.
5 new IPs.
Yoshi's wooly world collector's edition with steelbook, crocheting needles, and how-to guide.
Kirby's canvas whatever it's called comes with free finger paint.

"Welcome to nintendo-gaf!" "When do we get to the games?" "THIS IS THE GAME!"

Srsly though more footage of stuff from e3, reminders of HW and mk8 dlc, amiibo ads, and at most 1 new minor announcement seems rational.

Neoweee

X officially entered production in December of 2010. And since Honne hasn't been involved with anything past Xenoblade, I think he's hinting that they were in pre-production of the game as early as May 2010, here.

Yup. Xenoblade hit shelves on June 10th, 2010, so unless the developers and artists took extended vacations as soon as the game hit Gold, initial progress likely started in May.

First half of 2015 is definitely plausible for the title, and if it isn't, it is in the ballpark of Nintendo's longest development cycle ever.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

everything is right, but the game.
it will be this, of course:

Maximilian-Dood-Nintendo-Direct-Parody-G3AR-600x300.jpg

Tregard

Soothsayer
BASELESS PREDICTION TIME:

eShop exclusive title built specifically around the Bumper Balls minigame from Mario Party. Traverse fiendish mazes and bump enemies out of the way to be the ultimate bumper. Title will be released today, surprise everyone, and go on to win numerous Game of the Year awards from outlets including IGN, Giant Bomb, and Official Xbox Magazine

Top Bottom