• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

Rich!

hay guys do u think theyll annonce a new banjo kazooie? :D

There's more chance of them announcing Mario vs Bayonetta: Sexual Thrusting Adventures, complete with a penis shaped cover for your wii remote.

Microsoft own Banjo Kazooie.

hay guys do u think theyll annonce a new banjo kazooie? :D

If they do, we know that the Nintendo ninjas have been literal ninjas for the entire time, for I cannot imagine MS selling any video game IPs except at impossibly high price tags or under threat of violence..

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I can't want for today's Nintendogs Direct. Featuring new Nintendogs content for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. A new Nintendogs release every month from now until March.

wsippel

Banned
Weren't Next Level running another project(s) alongside LM2 that subsequently got canned? I don't think they had their full staff on LM2 for four years running.
That was before they started working on Luigi as already mentioned, but they confirmed that they have more than one team earlier this year.

TheMoon

we don't know if it was a Nintendo's game

Sounds like it, though:

Gamasutra: I don't know how exactly this project got off the ground, but I don't know if they came to you and said, "It's Luigi's Mansion!" But when you're having these initial conversations, what mattered?

BH: Yeah, I can explain that. I was mentioning to the last interviewer: It kind of started as we were working on a demo for a different project completely, and then it was a conference call just like this, and all of a sudden they said, "Hey, we're making Luigi's Mansion," and it needs to have those elements we talked about earlier, about the camera. "We want to experiment with a bunch of controls that highlight the features of the 3DS."
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/190322/making_a_game_the_nintendo_way__.php?page=2

647301bc49e9159a45c93f48dcaf612f5bfe46c246c45df09494ae1fc10225f8.jpg
Lol

Nintenyearold

Neo Member
BASELESS PREDICTION TIME:

eShop exclusive title built specifically around the Bumper Balls minigame from Mario Party. Traverse fiendish mazes and bump enemies out of the way to be the ultimate bumper. Title will be released today, surprise everyone, and go on to win numerous Game of the Year awards from outlets including IGN, Giant Bomb, and Official Xbox Magazine

Actual footage of the 2014 GOTY process:

ffFFd.gif

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sounds like it, though:

you are right. the "conference call" totally was with nintendo and going with their phrasing would be strange to discuss a non-nintendo project.

we'll see! I've already said that I'd like them to take on a "non-nintendo" genre (as the "horror" one for Luigi's Mansion) in their way. maybe a ShyGuy stealth game

Cant wait to see how the hardest Fire Emblem/Shinmegami tensei game is gonna look like! (Thinking about the difficulty and being stuck with perma death...oh my.)

sucks that we wont see it D:

Stahp it with the P.N.03 sequel talk! Need to keep my expectations in check ;-;

RM8

I just want more Code Name STEAM info. I recently re-played FE Awakening, then I played XCOM Enemy Unknown, and now I'm hyped for Valkyria Chronicles. Moar strategy please!

TheMoon

Region free enabling firmware update released right at the end of the Direct.

They started distributing a new system update last night but it error'd out. Seemingly pushed out too early (and only to some users). Expect SOME form of system update tonight, but definitely not one for region lock removal LOL.

Banned
I feel like people don't realize how long Monolith takes because Xenoblade was already done by the time people took notice.

There was a point in Xenoblade's development where they were ready and willing to cut a massive swath of the game (apparently almost everything from Fallen Arm on) to make the release date until Nintendo told them to just finish the game and not worry about it. The game was delayed about a year.

I am going in to XBX fully expecting something similar to happen.
Well XB came out June 2010 in Japan so if we assume they started XBX right away and most AAA games take 24-36 months to make, then three years would have been June 2013.

But, it is an ambitious JRPG with a smaller staff then Square Enix has for FF, and they probably only did pre-production on it Until Wii U dev kits hit around Xmas 2011. That makes it 3 years this Xmas. Give or take some time to optimize and deal with the ever changing dev kits and I'd say they're almost done it and XBX should be a 2015 title for sure, at least in Japan.

-Horizon-

They started distributing a new system update last night but it error'd out. Seemingly pushed out too early (and only to some users). Expect SOME form of system update tonight, but definitely not one for region lock removal LOL.

I didn't know this happened.

Well after the Direct, they're gonna need to pump out some stability after all the bombs they're gonna drop.

I feel like people don't realize how long Monolith takes because Xenoblade was already done by the time people took notice.

There was a point in Xenoblade's development where they were ready and willing to cut a massive swath of the game (apparently almost everything from Fallen Arm on) to make the release date until Nintendo told them to just finish the game and not worry about it. The game was delayed about a year.

I am going in to XBX fully expecting something similar to happen.

Even with the delay, they still cut a whole area from the final game.

everything from Fallen Arm on cut? man that sounds weird

jmizzal

As long as Xenoblade X comes out more then 3 months before Zelda U I am happy, I dont want those two games releasing close to each other.

Same with Splatoon and Devils Third, two online heavy shoots need to be spaced out

DizzyCrow

GAF the hype is overwhelming, somebody hold me.

What? Moar info pls.

maxcriden

They absolutely ruined the game for me, and many others

They at least need an option to turn them off

Did you play through the whole game? I agree they could just let you turn them off. I ask though because after the first 25% of the game or so there weren't many tutorials at all.

TheMoon

I didn't know this happened.

Well after the Direct, they're gonna need to pump out some stability after all the bombs they're gonna drop.
What? Moar info pls.

https://twitter.com/twinworld/status/530011891243184128

I didn't get this, for example. But someone else I know did get the same error. Someone must've flipped the switch too early by accident and quickly un-flipped it.

A buddy of mine getting it too ensured me that it's not a case of "hasn't turned on Wii U in months" either so...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

We need proofs, sir.

EDIT: Ah, just a few posts higher than this one. Mmmh...

Weng

https://twitter.com/twinworld/status/530011891243184128

I didn't get this, for example. But someone else I know did get the same error. Someone must've flipped the switch too early by accident and quickly un-flipped it.

A buddy of mine getting it too ensured me that it's not a case of "hasn't turned on Wii U in months" either so...
What? I got this as well, though I thought this was because I hadn't plugged in my LAN cable and it tried to check for updates and failed or something. I think this was during the maintenance on monday.

Top Bottom