• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

I don't know if this has been mentioned. But on the NA eshop, I noticed that Pocket Card Jockey updated with a release date for May 5, 2016. It matches the EU release date.

iosefe

it's definitely gonna be a buy at some point.

if i delete but back up the data, can i redownload the demo later or move to a bigger card without losing my progress, or is that only for full games?

schlew

Hey, can anyone give me a clear answer on Wii eShop games (like Pandora's Tower) supporting the GamePad as a controller? I know the stipulation is the Wii game has to support the Classic Controller, but I'm having the damndest time finding out anything concrete. Thanks!

Pokemaniac

Hey, can anyone give me a clear answer on Wii eShop games (like Pandora's Tower) supporting the GamePad as a controller? I know the stipulation is the Wii game has to support the Classic Controller, but I'm having the damndest time finding out anything concrete. Thanks!

They support it if the game supported the classic controller originally. There's a bit of a caveat that there can't be any place where you're required to use any other controller for player one, but I think the only currently released game that applies to is the EU version of RE4.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there a way to check the download sizes for Retro City Rampage & Shantae on 3DS? I'm gonna chip in a buck (still debating if I want to spend $10+ for Rhythm Thief or hopefully snag a code from someone kindly giving it away) for those games to give to my friend, but he doesn't have internet at his home & could only download them while in town or something.

zroid

Banned
Is there a way to check the download sizes for Retro City Rampage & Shantae on 3DS? I'm gonna chip in a buck (still debating if I want to spend $10+ for Rhythm Thief or hopefully snag a code from someone kindly giving it away) for those games to give to my friend, but he doesn't have internet at his home & could only download them while in town or something.

I can check if you gimme a couple minutes :p

Shantae = 2312 blocks -> 289 MB
RCR = 122 blocks -> 15.25 MB

Shantae also has a 93 block update

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Appreciate it. I almost might get $10+ tier just to see if those other games that'll get added next week will be worth it, but then I'd be stuck with other games I already have or don't want.

Edit: Thanks. Figured RCR was small (I had it on PS3 at one point) & Shantae would take more time.

Javier

This is why I made this thread!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is why I made this thread!
Oh cool, I'll have to keep this in mind when my friend wants to download titles on his 3DS.

Wasn't sure if he wanted Citizens of Earth, but wow, that's a big download, a little over 1GB. Plus I know Rhythm Thief will take some time to download, being 1.5GB.

schlew

They support it if the game supported the classic controller originally. There's a bit of a caveat that there can't be any place where you're required to use any other controller for player one, but I think the only currently released game that applies to is the EU version of RE4.

Thanks so much, you're a big help.

TheMoon

That's not speculation, that's official. And all games show the supported controllers on Nintendo's website. :)

Simbabbad

I really wouldn't play Pandora's Tower without a Wiimote, though. The game is brilliant, but is made for the pointer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just checked the US site & no, they don't mention file sizes. Maybe they do if you try to buy a game, but when it asked to add funds, it didn't say anything about how big the download would be.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, glad I tried this Pocket Card Jockey demo, I'm actually enjoying it more than I expected. Even better is the fact it's not the Solitaire I was thinking of (putting all the cards in order by alternating colors, then putting them into the 4 groups of suits).

iosefe

i just found out the hard way that the n3DS doesn't recognize SDXC cards :(

had to make a trip back after the long reformat process for a 32GB SDHC

whatever, it's still an upgrade. not even sure how much i'd need a 64 GB card

Pokemaniac

i just found out the hard way that the n3DS doesn't recognize SDXC cards :(

had to make a trip back after the long reformat process

whatever, it's still an upgrade. not even sure how much i'd need a 64 GB card

Yes it does. Just reformat the SDXC card to FAT32.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, wtf, is it normal to just suddenly SUCK at PCJ, because after doing rather good, I can barely get into the top 3 or get rather low for some reason despite the game doing its best to help me out.

Edit: & of course, my next race, I finally place 1st again.

Pokemaniac

well shit.

i had used the program that nintendo recommended to format, Full (Overwrite)

i even checked through windows for FAT32, but there was only exFAT

Microsoft puts arbitrary limits on formatting things to FAT32 for historical reasons (read:leftover BS from getting people to switch to NTFS). The official SD formatter only formats things to the standard format. You'll need to use some other tool to format the card.

Umibozu

well shit.

i had used the program that nintendo recommended to format, Full (Overwrite)

i even checked through windows for FAT32, but there was only exFAT
It's not hard, I did it for my brother with a free program I downloaded. The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No price yet. It was only 500 yen in Japan, so maybe around $5 to $7? I imagine it might be a dollar or two more to cover the costs of translating everything.

Robin64

Now that I have a 64GB card, is there some "purchase history" option somewhere on 3DS? I'd like to reinstall the stuff I had to delete to make room but I'm not sure I remember it all.

Yeah, just head into the eShop and one of the menu options is just that.

Madao

can you use Pro Controller with Wii games that supported CC? i've only heard about the Gamepad.

that might sway me to get Xenoblade on Wii U Wii VC.

TheMoon

....what games were released for Nintendo DS Virtual Console for WiiU ?

Can't seen to find a good list

Man, your google skills suck hard :D

just typing Nintendo DS Virtual Console Wii U into any search engine will throw these two links at you right away:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(PAL_region)#Nintendo_DS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(North_America)#Nintendo_DS

or are you just lazy and want other people to use google for you? :)

Ondore

NA PR:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge – Make Minis march like never before in this free download. To get started, simply tap any amiibo figure on the Wii U GamePad controller or a New Nintendo 3DS system. Or, tap select amiibo figures to guide one of 11 Minis across more than 50 levels, using their in-game Minis and their unique abilities, like Yoshi who can eat enemies, to reach the exit. But watch out! Mine carts, ghostly Boos and other new obstacles lurk around every corner.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Disney Art Academy – Pre-Purchase – To help you start playing as soon as possible, if you pre-purchase the game in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, it will pre-load the game to your system. That means you’ll be able to play after a small game update when it launches on May 13. Be one of the first to play! Game playable in 2D only.
SEGA 3D Classics Collection – A collection of nine classic SEGA games in one game … and in 3D! From the arcades straight to your Nintendo 3DS system, experience the classics that defined genres.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Lost Reavers – Lost Reavers is a free-to-play, four-player co-op game that asks players to haul treasure safely back to extraction points while their friends protect them. Choose one of four distinct characters to play, and explore a variety of worlds ranging from Ancient Ruins and Medieval Castles to a Modern City. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
The Deer God – The Deer God is a game about survival, reincarnation and karma. Find power-ups, unlock ancient secrets and test your platforming skills in this unique side-scrolling pixelated adventure! Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Wii Retail on Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles – You’ve played him in the Super Smash Bros. games, so now experience Shulk in his very first adventure! Discover expansive environments and deep character customization options as you delve into an epic conflict between the Homs (humans) and Mechons (robots). Explore the game’s unique upgrade, battle and relationship-building systems as you fight to change the future with trusty allies and the ancient Monado blade.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Gardenscapes (Nintendo 3DS), Jones on Fire (Wii U) and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Journey of a Special Average Balloon and Outside of the Realm from Eli Brewer are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
The Letter is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
Explody Bomb and Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility from Alkterios Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
SDK Paint is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 11.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
To celebrate the developer’s 10th anniversary, Swords & Soldiers 3D, Tappingo and more games from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Etrian Mystery Dungeon and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 9.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 5.
Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $8 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 25.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Star Fox Zero: Space Battle
Shovel Knight Campfire Dream
Plague Knight’s Theme

Also new this week:

ASH (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Robin64

Love Nintendo's new system. Mini Mario amiibo Thing downloaded remotely for both my consoles, will be waiting for me when I get home. Wonderful.

DenisQc

Love Nintendo's new system. Mini Mario amiibo Thing downloaded remotely for both my consoles, will be waiting for me when I get home. Wonderful.

same thing for the humble bundle, bought it, activated it online, and when I was at home, all was ther eon wii u and 3ds. they took ther time but now Im glad

will be the same thing for xenoblade :)

TheJoRu

Have played a little of Mini Mario & Friends. Simple, but a nice distraction (pretty ugly, though). I think the amiibo-integration is very good. It's quite generous in the sense that it's enough to have one amiibo of any kind and you'll get most some of the levels "for free", but you are rewarded a little bit extra for every amiibo in the Mario-series you have. Hardly enough to urge you to buy more amiibo, but if you already have a bunch of amiibo or have been planning on getting more this will provide some extra value.

EDIT: Ok, scratch that, it's not really that generous about it. The game contains 52 levels, of which it looks like 12 are obtainable by scanning any amiibo. For every amiibo in the Mario-series you scan you also get 4 levels dedicated to that particular character and its special abilities.

iosefe

Finally got to where I gave up First ride for a second horse in PCJ

Wanted to name him Santa's Little Helper, but it was too long, so he became Santos L. Halper

He won his first race, but lost the next 2

schlew

That's not speculation, that's official. And all games show the supported controllers on Nintendo's website. :)

Oh, I said stipulation, not speculation. As well, I'm not seeing supported controllers on the site (mobile or desktop). SMG2 says that Wiimote and Nunchuk is necessary in a separate line beneath the game's description, while Pandora's Tower says nothing (which doesn't make it clear that GP controls are supported). Furthermore, the eShop is a mixed bag as far as what's listed under Supported Controllers. Both eShop pages for SMG2 and Pandora's Tower say GamePad "may improve enjoyment of the game", but in PT's case it doesn't say a word about GamePad input support. Nintendo's a bit vague on the matter.

I really wouldn't play Pandora's Tower without a Wiimote, though. The game is brilliant, but is made for the pointer.

Yeah, I'm moreso asking for a friend. I loved Pandora's Tower with the Wiimote, and recommended he play it that way as well.

Top Bottom