• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2016

Zeeman

Looks like you have to choose which version of Citizens of Earth to get. Anyone have any thoughts on which is better, Wii U or 3DS?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like you have to choose which version of Citizens of Earth to get. Anyone have any thoughts on which is better, Wii U or 3DS?

WiiU - But there is a demo on the eshop so you could try out both versions first.

Platy

Sometimes I hate Nintendo so much ... just because Brazil oficialy does not have a WiiU eshop then brazil is TOTALY OUTSIDE THIS BUNDLE.

Detail : you can easily set your brazilian bought wiiu to any other country on the americas....and BrazilGaf is FULL of people with WiiUs.
And of course 3DS eshop acepts USA codes.
In other reasons .... it is RIDICULOUS to stop people from brazil to get usa/canadian codes ><

The last bundle it was TOTALY OK for brazilian people to redeem

I sended a support to see if I can redem the codes I payed for .... or else I should send another email, this time asking for my money back =/

I think you're better off at getting the Wii U verison , Zeeman

Heard a few reports of freezes from the 3DS one.

Also thanks again Max <3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG that Humble bundle. A shame I have everything I want, because I totally would've gotten everything.

The only thing on there I want is Rhythm Thief. Maybe I'll get lucky & get a code from someone.

OMG that Humble bundle. A shame I have everything I want, because I totally would've gotten everything.

The only thing on there I want is Rhythm Thief. Maybe I'll get lucky & get a code from someone.

I found RT to be really fun , but some of the motion segments never flow right.

Overall fun little game still , hope you get it somehow.

Pokemaniac

I mean, even if you were to buy the bundle just for Rhythm Thief, that would still be ~50% off it's eShop price (based on the current average).

Zeeman

I think you're better off at getting the Wii U verison , Zeeman

Heard a few reports of freezes from the 3DS one.

Also thanks again Max <3

Yeah, I saw that the 3DS version is apparently a bit muddled as well. I'll download the demo to check it out, but I'll probably stick with the Wii U version

tolkir

EU codes for Affordable Space Adventures and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U

Quote the post to see the codes

TheMoon

FYI, Citizens of Earth got a patch about a year ago that halved the Wii U load times and fixed a bunch of bugs in all versions. Just in case you end up reading reviews or impressions from around launch.

I've got some retro humble bundle codes from the Nindie bundle for the people in my most lurked thread! Runner2 is for Wii U, the other two games are 3ds. Good luck in the raffle!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1203046.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bulletbill10, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
SteamWorld Dig (eshop) -- MB-5D0A962A82484872
x0NgVuQ.png
Bit.Trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (eshop) -- MB-DB32AE8E798FD93C - Taken by MANUELF. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Gunman Clive (eshop) -- MB-34B29921F280C2C4 - Taken by Camjo-Z. 1 entrants total.

t1461723869z1.png

BooJoh

Also, in Amiibo Challenge, once a level is unlocked is it permanent? I have all the compatible amiibo but I don't want to carry them with me everywhere I want to play. (I take a long bus ride from work which I use for playing 3DS).

No, you can't even get past the title screen without an amiibo figure every. single. time. And once you've unlocked or even beaten a level, you still have to use amiibo to choose your character. This makes the 3DS version pretty much useless unless you're playing at home.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it's a huge pain. You don't just unlock the character, you HAVE to keep the amiibo around to switch characters. & yes, you can't even get past the title screen without scanning some amiibo. & even then, when you unlock the bonus world, you can only get more levels from collecting the amiibo icon things with specific characters. So the only way to get to the final levels is having all compatible amiibo.

It's why after hearing this, I went with Wii U & didn't even want to bother with 3DS because it's NOT a portable game.

Mikurden

What's really dumb is that you can't get some of the rarer amiibo w/o paying a small fortune now. It feels like this is the most significant content so far to be locked up this way...

Platy

Sometimes I hate Nintendo so much ... just because Brazil oficialy does not have a WiiU eshop then brazil is TOTALY OUTSIDE THIS BUNDLE.

Detail : you can easily set your brazilian bought wiiu to any other country on the americas....and BrazilGaf is FULL of people with WiiUs.
And of course 3DS eshop acepts USA codes.
In other reasons .... it is RIDICULOUS to stop people from brazil to get usa/canadian codes ><

The last bundle it was TOTALY OK for brazilian people to redeem

I sended a support to see if I can redem the codes I payed for .... or else I should send another email, this time asking for my money back =/

I love nintendo again

wPuBPD5.png

Camjo-Z

So, I won that Gunman Clive code thinking I didn't have it... and then I suddenly realized I did have it and just never actually remembered to redeem the codes from the last Nindie bundle. OWAH

Apparently my brother wanted it tho, so I gave it to him. To atone for my shameful error, here is a US OlliOlli Wii U code hidden in email tags.

iosefe

i have Affordable Space adventurs, shantae, and Freedom PLanet , all Wii U up for grabs

i should probably get a wii u

funny how i nearly pulled the trigger on shantae this week

Refyref

Wow, that bundle. I'll buy it later in the week, despite having all but one of the 3DS games. (And not having a Wii U.)

It's cool to see all of the usual suspects enjoying Pocket Card Jockey, the OT will be fun :)
With that coming and Yokai Watch being sent today I'm in a good place.

I deleted my demo data and restarted PCJ and now that I understand the mechanics I was able to win every race except the final 2 which you technically can't anyway as you stand no chance (the tutorial horse says as much by saying 'don't worry, you're just not strong enough for this contest' and gives no more tips.)
Did anybody get as far as meeting the rival jockey? I didn't have him in my first go-around and all scenes with your financial backer played out differently. Seems there's a lot of scope here...

Instead of carrying over this data I'll probably delete it (sorry Dashing Duke) and restart again in the full game.

maxcriden

What game was that? I can't find a thread.

Basically, in Trev's leak one codenamed Holiday game for 3DS was N-Stars. Evidently a similar codename was used for Mario Party games in the past, leading some to believe this will be an amiibo-centric (and possibly cross-platform) Mario Party-esque game.

This leak despite its outdated NX info has been eminently reliable otherwise, with its Pokémon Sun and Moon info, codenamed Kirby info, etc.

Javier

Basically, in Trev's leak one codenamed Holiday game for 3DS was N-Stars. Evidently a similar codename was used for Mario Party games in the past, leading some to believe this will be an amiibo-centric (and possibly cross-platform) Mario Party-esque game.

This leak despite its outdated NX info has been eminently reliable otherwise, with its Pokémon Sun and Moon info, codenamed Kirby info, etc.
Oh, THAT one. I thought it was something new revealed in the conference or something.

Couldn't the N-Stars game be Mario Amiibo Challenge?

maxcriden

Oh, THAT one. I thought it was something new revealed in the conference or something.

Couldn't the N-Stars game be Mario Amiibo Challenge?

I don't think so, because:

Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)

Top Bottom