• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

zigg

It's not really a demoable game. It'd be like releasing a demo of Noby Noby Boy.
But I thought all games should be universally required to have demos full stop that's one of the things Nintendo was doing horribly wrong with the online.

grumpy

Wii U eShop

Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 (TECMO KOEI GAMES, €59.99 / £49.99)

Yeah... um, no.

Since there's no retail version of the game in Europe, there's no reason for them to charge such a high price.

Glass Joe

Any word on when we'll be getting Zen Pinball 2 in the states?

I hope it's not like Puddle where it's in Europe for 2 months before it finally comes here. Honestly, I'm more interested in The Pinball Arcade but since Zen is first, I'm sure I'll pick up a few of those tables. Next week would be lovely but who knows. They say "very soon" like Toki Tori, which has been "very soon" since November. Shrugs.

Larsen B

Yeah... um, no.

Since there's no retail version of the game in Europe, there's no reason for them to charge such a high price.

So dumb.

Right now, before Rayman and Lego City hit and after the initial wave of titles, you've got a perfect opportunity to capture a huge swathe of the audience with a budget price.

I'm not huge into musou games but for £20, I would definitely have bought it to support the notion of eShop retail releases. Now it will be a bomb > pull support situation.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Great price for the Sonic Racing game:)

I see €40? GREAT price?! :O Do games normally costs much more than that?! Never checked because although I'd like to go DD for online-centric games I always end up finding those games at close to half their RRP just a month after release.
Also I think Sonic Racing T has a lowered RRP, since the Limited Edition is on preorder on Amazon UK for £23.50

YES YES YES

Mega Man 2 on 3DS at 60Hz in EU finally!! :Q

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have an odd question for everyone...

I just traded for an Unchained Blades eShop code for my 3DS... and the code works (just downloaded the game), but I am left with a question...

Does anyone know WHERE an eShop code for Unchained Blades could have come from? eShop codes aren't being sold anywhere at the moment, are they?

(Now I'm curious as to whether I'll get any Club Nintendo coins or not...)

beril

I have an odd question for everyone...

I just traded for an Unchained Blades eShop code for my 3DS... and the code works (just downloaded the game), but I am left with a question...

Does anyone know WHERE an eShop code for Unchained Blades could have come from? eShop codes aren't being sold anywhere at the moment, are they?

(Now I'm curious as to whether I'll get any Club Nintendo coins or not...)

The publisher gets a bunch of codes to hand out to reviewers and other promotional purposes. They're not allowed to sell them, but someone could have gotten a code in some kind of promotional give-away and decided to trade it. It's a limited amount though and I'm not really sure if you can get more.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Don't get it unless you have money for overpriced DLC

not worth the money

How much are the tables in the Wii U version?

In US dollars, Zen Pinball 2's tables have been $2.50 and $3 a piece on Playstation platform.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The publisher gets a bunch of codes to hand out to reviewers and other promotional purposes. They're not allowed to sell them, but someone could have gotten a code in some kind of promotional give-away and decided to trade it. It's a limited amount though and I'm not really sure if you can get more.

I thought so... I was fairly sure it was impossible to buy download codes for eShop games at the moment.

I did get CN points, though!

nikatapi

I'd like to see a demo for Sonic All Stars Racing 3DS, it seems like a cool game but i thought that a demo was on the way.
Also, where the hell is Nano Assault?I've been waiting so long for this game!

I'm a little late, but wow the European 3DS update last week. Not even a poxy niche Gameboy title Nintendo? These days we're just kicking up dirt waiting for Harmo Knight to materialize.

That game was announced for release on the eShop for Thursday. Why two days later than the other versions, I haven't a clue.

Probably has something to do with time restrictions like other 18+ rated titles.
Basicly 1 day later and then at midnight, wich technicly makes it the next day.
Not for those in the UK though.
Am i still making sense?

Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 should hit tonight at midnight, right?

guys I get confused can we talk about region when we post.

JP / EU / NA

please say which reason is getting a download when we are talking about it since they are updating the eShop any time they want

I have to check the shop just to make sure now. I am in NA

edit: nope nothing in NA

BriBri

I'm all for mentioning region.

And Japanese eShop charts week 5

1. (1) Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2. (5) Charisou DX
3. (2) Pokémon AR Searcher
4. (3) Super Mario Bros. 3
5. (4) Puyo Puyo! Mini Version
6. (7) Super Mario Bros.
7. (10) 10 Hyō Sō
8. (9) Denpa Ningen no RPG 2
9. (8) Dragon Quest X: Odekake Moshasu de Battle
10. (6) Fantasy Life
11. (13) Riki Dentsetsu
12. (--) Puyo Puyo (Game Gear)
13. (16) BlazBlue
14. (--) Nazo No Mini Game
15. (--) Speed X3D
16. (11) 3D Classics Kirby’s Dreamland
17. (12) Touch Battle Tank 3D
18. (15) Birdmania 3D
19. (14) Dasshutsu Adventure: Majo no Sumu Yakata
20. (--) SIMPLE DL series Vol.7 THE Cheating boyfriend-assault

Qurupeke

I'd like to see a demo for Sonic All Stars Racing 3DS, it seems like a cool game but i thought that a demo was on the way.
Also, where the hell is Nano Assault?I've been waiting so long for this game!

Everything you mentioned has a Wii U version. They don't care about the 3DS anymore. :'(

I'm all for mentioning region.

And Japanese eShop charts week 5

1. (1) Animal Crossing: New Leaf
2. (5) Charisou DX
3. (2) Pokémon AR Searcher
4. (3) Super Mario Bros. 3
5. (4) Puyo Puyo! Mini Version
6. (7) Super Mario Bros.
7. (10) 10 Hyō Sō
8. (9) Denpa Ningen no RPG 2
9. (8) Dragon Quest X: Odekake Moshasu de Battle
10. (6) Fantasy Life
11. (13) Riki Dentsetsu
12. (--) Puyo Puyo (Game Gear)
13. (16) BlazBlue
14. (--) Nazo No Mini Game
15. (--) Speed X3D
16. (11) 3D Classics Kirby’s Dreamland
17. (12) Touch Battle Tank 3D
18. (15) Birdmania 3D
19. (14) Dasshutsu Adventure: Majo no Sumu Yakata
20. (--) SIMPLE DL series Vol.7 THE Cheating boyfriend-assault

Charisou DX - I love this game. :) They need to release extra courses over DLC.

$2.50 is too much for a pinball table now?
I love the age we live in with game prices, remember when Super Nintendo games pushed 60 bucks, I'm in Australia and I think some of them like Mario Allstars where near the $150 mark.

I've been waiting for someone to say Balloon flight is overpriced at .30c

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Hey guys, did I mention there's no Sonic All Stars Racing demo anywhere to be seen on the PL store yet?

zigg

If Nintendo really wanted to celebrate the Famicom/run a stealth Ambassador program they'd have given it away for free/given us a free pass for the entire future VC library.

;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I can make the case for that. Balloon Trip mode in Nintendoland is more enjoyable and more substantial than Balloon Flight, and 99% of the people buying Balloon Fight probably have Nintendoland, so they should play that instead.

I mean, I still bought Balloon Fight, but I think I'm aware that I'd rather play Nintendoland.

hongcha

I bought Puyo Puyo Game Gear last night. I wasn't planning to, but for 300 yen, I thought 'what the heck'. Anyway, I'm glad I did. Really solid version of Puyo Puyo with the best music I've ever heard on the Game Gear.

Mileena

Banned
I love the age we live in with game prices, remember when Super Nintendo games pushed 60 bucks, I'm in Australia and I think some of them like Mario Allstars where near the $150 mark.

It's not overpriced per say, but I definitely paid 30 cents too much for that trash game.

Roto13

I can make the case for that. Balloon Trip mode in Nintendoland is more enjoyable and more substantial than Balloon Flight, and 99% of the people buying Balloon Fight probably have Nintendoland, so they should play that instead.

I mean, I still bought Balloon Fight, but I think I'm aware that I'd rather play Nintendoland.

And I'd rather play New Super Mario Bros. U than Nintendo Land. So what? They're different games.

Larsen B

And I'd rather play New Super Mario Bros. U than Nintendo Land. So what? They're different games.

I know why you've misunderstood but the Balloon Trip Breeze game in Nintendoland is a direct relation to Balloon Fight. If you wanted to, you could argue it's practically the same game.

jgkspsx

And I would rather play Balloon Fight than nearly any Mario game. And I'd rather play Joust than its inferior Zynga-style ripoff (though Balloon Trip is awesome and pretty original).

Not only would I rather, but I actually have played them in those ratios: since Balloon Fight came out on the eReader, I've put more time into it than any Mario except 64 DS. And I've played Joust for more hours than any game in my life except for a few RPGs and Igavanias.

So, you know, diff'rent strokes.

I know why you've misunderstood but the Balloon Trip Breeze game in Nintendoland is a direct relation to Balloon Fight. If you wanted to, you could argue it's practically the same game.

Balloon Trip is only half of Balloon Fight. The better half, I admit.

Top Bottom