• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2013

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Splinter Cell 3D's already available for download too.

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

javac

So anyone know if there are any positives to a 3DS Sonic Racing that outweigh the Wii U version?

I would have thought that the Wii U version would have better graphics while the 3DS version is on 3D and portable. lol talk about stating the obvious so sorry about that, but I don't know much else.

zroid

Banned
oh man, get excited. BEARSHARK IS COMING TOMORROW!!

No place is safe from BearShark. Not water. Not land. And now BearShark is even invading the third dimension. Starting Feb. 8, Nintendo is partnering with CollegeHumor.com to bring an original 3D animated program to Nintendo Video for the Nintendo 3DS system. BearShark is an animated series that follows a bear and shark tag-team as they cause hilarious mayhem over land and sea in their continued pursuit of a poor sap named Steve.

Morokh

still no Nano Assault for Eshop makes me raging hard !!!

They promised that it would come in 2012 in one of last year's NDirect and still no news about it since !

DenisQc

oh man, get excited. BEARSHARK IS COMING TOMORROW!!

No place is safe from BearShark. Not water. Not land. And now BearShark is even invading the third dimension. Starting Feb. 8, Nintendo is partnering with CollegeHumor.com to bring an original 3D animated program to Nintendo Video for the Nintendo 3DS system. BearShark is an animated series that follows a bear and shark tag-team as they cause hilarious mayhem over land and sea in their continued pursuit of a poor sap named Steve.

yeah really excited

2nd PR today, the first one was about Pokemon Mystery dungeon, first DLC free for the first month, 3 more available at launch, and english website :

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-gates-to-infinity/

moozoom

I wanted to buy and download Fist of the north star this afternoon to be able to play when my work is done... But that stupid "adult-game lock" is keeping me from it until tonight !

Danke schön, German laws. I hope that Nintendo soon having some office space in Switzerland will help lift that censorship for the rest of Europe...

They could at least put an age restriction, and identify the adults by their Nintendo ID. That's the point in charging a few cents for creating a kid NNID, to be able to separate the kids from the adults, no ?

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - FEB. 7, 2013

Feb. 07, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U™
Fist of the North Star®: Ken's Rage 2 – Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is a collaboration between the popular manga Fist of the North Star and the action-packed Warriors video game series. With the majority of the episodes from the original manga intact, the game faithfully re-creates their legendary martial arts and the battles between these captivating characters.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Brain Age™: Concentration Training – Brain Age is back with new devilishly difficult brain-training exercises designed by world-famous brain researcher Dr. Ryuta Kawashima. Brain Age: Concentration Training introduces newly designed training exercises that challenge players with activities to help refine their concentration skills and the ability to access their short-term memory. Players can spend five minutes a day with the game to help better their focus and attention skills. Brain Age: Concentration Training will be available in the Nintendo eShop and in retail stores on Feb. 10.

Etrian Odyssey™IV: Legends of the Titan – Demo Version – Etrian Odyssey IV is the newest addition to the beloved franchise, and brings with it an enhanced graphics engine boasting polygonal enemies and new 3D special effects. The game also features upgradable, customizable skyships that let players travel and battle amid the clouds, a fully orchestrated musical score from Yuzo Koshiro and expanded, immersive 3D dungeons with analog camera control.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 3D – Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 3D returns to the roots of the sport with unique levels of control and a major emphasis on the individual style of the world's best players. Thanks to feedback from dedicated fans, PES2013 offers full control over shooting and first touch. Endorsed by famous soccer players Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar, Pro Evolution Soccer will continue to push boundaries and capture the essence of teamwork. Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 3D is now available at retail stores and will be available in the Nintendo eShop on Feb. 12.

Also new this week:
• Mega Man 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Rayman 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Ah! Heaven (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS/Nintendo DSi™ Shop on Nintendo DSi)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadJv4tY9q3.php.

C'mon guys, where's Mercenaries 3D? No one wants Splinter Cell!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS eShop is receiving lots of retail titles recently. Even brand new titles. That's something actually good. Maybe Europe is finally following the trend, with SASRT coming day and date with the retail version (no, wait, it's already available, even one day before the retail release:D )

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Mega Man 2 (Capcom | NES | $4.99) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Ah! Heaven (CIRCLE Entertainment | 200 Points | $1.99) Latest release!

Shoot, Mega Man 2! Tempted.

Where's Shantae GBC? It was like submitted a year ago to eShop! Maybe we'll see it close to the new Shantae game's release.

StayDead

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo | ¥4,800) Upcoming (02/20)

Woah woah woah, is the game coming out on that date? I was going digital with it to save on shipping and the online multi/coop stuff will be good to have on the system, but dayumn I didn't realise it was this month.

Mpl90

Woah woah woah, is the game coming out on that date? I was going digital with it to save on shipping and the online multi/coop stuff will be good to have on the system, but dayumn I didn't realise it was this month.

Brazil got it wrong here. It's coming on March, 20th in Japan.

Mpl90

I don't know if this is new, but I just downloaded directly the Fractured Soul demo and after the download finished, something was different: on the bottom screen there was a window titled "If you liked this game, you could like also" and Denpa Men & Heavy Fire listed. Something similar to Amazon, interesting...but I don't know if it's new or old. Mock at me if it's old. XD

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ok, this is getting beyond ridiculous at this point..

What's with the exclusion of Sonic All Stars Racing from the PL stores (both WiiU and 3DS), NOE?

Sonic Racing is even in today's Update Letter on the 3DS PL store, and yet Sonic Racing is nowhere to be found!

Chrom

I don't know if this is new, but I just downloaded directly the Fractured Soul demo and after the download finished, something was different: on the bottom screen there was a window titled "If you liked this game, you could like also" and Denpa Men & Heavy Fire listed. Something similar to Amazon, interesting...but I don't know if it's new or old. Mock at me if it's old. XD

That's been there for some time now, I remember. Not really sure why I don't see it all the time, though.

also

Banned

It's old.

Ban Puncher

Just picked up Mega Man 2.

I must own this fucking game on everything ever made in the history of everything. And I still love it.

also

Banned
I don't want to sound paranoid but the trailer for Mega Man 2 on the PAL eShop shows that the game has a tiny black border on the top of the screen. I noticed the same when playing Blaster Master NES and Ghosts 'N' Goblins (really noticeable). Don't NES games have the same vertical resolution as the 3DS (240 pixels) and would therefore completely fill up the screen vertically? Can anyone from the Americas confirm that this is how the games are supposed to look?
I have an XL, so it's more noticeable.

Well, I think the NES's internal renderer is 240 pixels, but didn't it tend to crop it to 224? I'm not particularly well-versed on the NES's specifications and limitations, admittedly.

Tyeforce

So anyone know if there are any positives to a 3DS Sonic Racing that outweigh the Wii U version?
Well, there's the obvious fact that it's a 3D portable version, and you can play with up to 7 other people via Download Play. It also has StreetPass challenges and features.

serplux

Dig Dug is coming to the 3DS eShop in North America next week at a price of $3.99. This is the first time a standard NES VC game has had a lower regular price than $4.99.

Dig Dug is coming to the 3DS eShop in North America next week at a price of $3.99. This is the first time a standard NES VC game has had a lower regular price than $4.99.
Doubly interesting is that Dig Dug NES was never released in the US, which typically would earn it an extra dollar "import tax."

I've only played the arcade version. How does the NES version compare with the arcade version? This & Donkey Kong were the two arcade games I played the most when I was growing up.
It's pretty good, actually! Maybe not 100% arcade accurate, but it's close, if I recall.

Top Bottom