• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

D-e-f-

Banned
Never played Gargoyle's Quest II, so I'll definitely pick this one up. But I don't really follow their reasoning that this must be for WiiU VC.

The whole second paragraph is made out of nonsense and is completely incomprehensible. Since the rating doesn't specify a platform, their statement is entirely speculative and it could just be the GameBoy game for 3DS VC.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Since the NES version is the only one released in the West, I think it's very likely that this is about the NES version. But that doesn't really rule out the 3DS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Since the NES version is the only one released in the West, I think it's very likely that this is about the NES version. But that doesn't really rule out the 3DS.
Yeah, it's hard to say if it's 3DS (to go with the original) or Wii U. It'd be amazing if it was both (though I'd grab it for 3DS to have it on the go & pair it with the original). I just hope this eventually leads to Demon's Crest on Wii U VC.

Oh, & hopefully we'll get US confirmation for Mighty Final Fight as well.

Already paid $50 for the NES cart, but I'd gladly double dip on 3DS VC for portability. Makes sense considering the first game is already available.

I wonder if JP 3DS VC will ever get the enhanced GB port of the game. I'd prefer that to the NES version, honestly.

Speaking of which, looks like Japan gets Final Fantasy II on 3DS next week.

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

Eusis

Marvelous and Zelda side by side? Wouldn't that be like releasing Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie the same week had Nintendo still controlled Rare? Well whatever.

Robin64

Gargoyle's Quest II is one of the best NES games ever made, so it coming to VC is very welcome news indeed.

tolkir

Marvelous and Zelda side by side? Wouldn't that be like releasing Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie the same week had Nintendo still controlled Rare? Well whatever.

Now I want Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma the same week. Give them to me Nintendo.

Not at all. Aside from a few graphical similarities, they're really different games. Marvelous plays a lot more like an adventure game, solving puzzles and interacting with characters to advance. Almost no action and only one (short) segment in the game has you actively fighting enemies. I liked it a lot when I played it a few months ago.

Jethro

Now I want Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma the same week. Give them to me Nintendo.

Even better. Give us the holy Trinity. Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time and Terranigma.

It's such a shame that only Quintet's Actraiser was released on the Virtual Console.

Anyone know why Nintendo never released any of their games on Virtual Console Arcade?
DK was due to working with a subcontractor and then deciding to hack the game to make DK Junior rather than work with the subcontractor, so the subcontractor sued and there was an settlement (probably never release these again).

The rest I'd guess are not worth the hassle of emulating as same difficulty as a system is the foundation for far less games (they're very lazy when it comes to emulation, on the NES side it is perfectly possible to make an emulator supporting all the mappers, Nintendo only bother adding in each mapper as they need it, the VC release schedule shows this to some extent).

tolkir

Tappingo looks good.

Tappingo Web said:
Gameboy had Tetris, Nintendo DS had Picross. Now 3DS players get their puzzle craze called Tappingo!

-line running action that will make your brain crack!
-100 puzzles for you to solve!
-divided over small and big grids!
-game keeps track of time it took to solve a puzzle... can you beat it?
-Awesome funky fresh artstyle and tunes!

screen10.png
screen09.png

L~A

Ok, went to watch the eShop game trailer from the November Direct, and we got :

QUBE Director's Cut : ???
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails : ???
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse : Q1?
Armillo : Late Q1/Q2
Grinsia (Nicalis) : ???
1001 Spikes (Nicalis) ???
Tengami : ???
Pier Solar HD : ???
Putty Squad : ???
Teslagrad : ???
Treasurenauts : ???
Wooden Sen'Sey : ???
Retro City Rampage : Feb. (US) Feb? (EU)
Knytt Underground : available
Unepic : available
Siesta Festa : ???
Shovel Knight : March 27th

Do we have more precise dates for any of those games?

tolkir

A new Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails trailer has just been released! I'm really looking forward to this game. It's apparently coming out in April! :)

I loved the little game "Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD!" by same developer for Vita.
This game seems better it in all aspects.

Nice! When is it coming out?

Developer's blog says "Now for the most important part: Tappingo will be out at the end of Febuary for 2,99 euro / 2,99 dollar! Yes, for only 2,99 you get over a 100 puzzles that will keep you busy for more than 6 hours easily!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm, Tappingo looks interesting. So basically, you tap a square with a number & it "expands" that many squares until you fill out the picture? Kind of reminds me of Picross. For $3, think I might give it a try.

rjc571

Banned
I loved the little game "Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD!" by same developer for Vita.
This game seems better it in all aspects.

Wow, I didn't think it was possible for a game to have a worse title than "Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails", but I guess I was wrong. This guy really needs to hire someone to name his games for him.

L~A

A new Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails trailer has just been released! I'm really looking forward to this game. It's apparently coming out in April! :)

Thanks, added that to the list.

And thanks 69wpm for Tengami.

Wow, I didn't think it was possible for a game to have a worse title than "Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails", but I guess I was wrong. This guy really needs to hire someone to name his games for him.

Or maybe you should stop taking those titles seriously :p Looks more like some joke title than anything to me.

Oh, and Shin'en said their next Wii U game will be announced in a few days... I really hope it'll be an actual reveal, and not just a website!

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails : April
Wooden Sen'Sey : Q2
Retro City Rampage : Feb. (US) Feb? (EU)
Tappingo : Feb.

tolkir

Lol, they still have other game with a worse name, "The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character".

L~A

Retro City Rampage: DX out for Nintendo 3DS eShop TOMORROW! Feb 6th! (Feb 20th for Europe)

Launch trailer.

That's... much sooner than I expected :p

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails : April
Retro City Rampage : Feb. 6 (US) Feb 20 (EU)
Tappingo : Feb.

terrisus

So, Japan has, what, Final Fantasy 1 and 2 for FC and 6 for SFC on 3DS/Wii U VC, while the US stil has no Final Fantasy games on either of them?
Come on now.

69wpm

Comes out this February according to a PR mail.

Wooden Sen’SeY (Publisher: Neko Entertainment; developer: Upper Byte Studio) – target release: February
Wooden Sen’SeY is an action-platformer set in a unique “Japan Steam Rock” universe with tons of humor, varied game play and attitude to spare. You follow Goro, a village chief, as he seeks revenge through a variety of levels. He will defeat his enemies using his axes to slice, dice, squash and grapple. The game features nine original environments, each with its own original music and unique game mechanics. As one of the first Wii U digital titles to be developed with the Unity engine, this game features off-TV game play and integrated motion controls using the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers.

The full list:

Ittle Dew: February/March
Ballpoint Universe: March 18
Armillo: March 24
Shovel Knight: March 31
Nihilumbra: March
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails: March
Squids Odyssey: March
Monkey Pirates: Q1
1001 Spikes: Q1
Teslagrad : March/April
QUBE Director’s Cut: April
Assault Android Cactus: Q2

terrisus

They also got Secret of Mana.

I honestly don't care as much about that, I've never been as fond of Action-RPGs.

I suppose I already have Final Fantasy 1&2 and 6 for GBA (in addition to the original 1 for NES and 6 for SNES), but still, would be nice to get them on VC.

Roto13

Pokemon Bank is up in North America.

And I have no time for it because I have to play something else for review.

Stupid Nintendo delays.

Hello you beautiful people, you!

This question probably, technically doesn't belong here but it seems like the most active thread for the question.

I have this random, out of nowhere urge to play some goddam Contra. I've never played a single Contra game before (hell, I don't even know if they made any beyond the first one), but I'm really feeling it tonight. Are there any Contra games on the VC, and if there are multiple ones, which is the best to start with? I have Wii/Wii U/3DS, for reference.

Thanks guys and gals!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Super C is on the 3DS VC and Contra III is on WiiU VC. You can't go wrong either way, so make your decision based on if you'd rather play on your TV or on 3DS.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

This question probably, technically doesn't belong here but it seems like the most active thread for the question.

I have this random, out of nowhere urge to play some goddam Contra. I've never played a single Contra game before (hell, I don't even know if they made any beyond the first one), but I'm really feeling it tonight. Are there any Contra games on the VC, and if there are multiple ones, which is the best to start with? I have Wii/Wii U/3DS, for reference.

Thanks guys and gals!

I really liked Contra Rebirth on WiiWare. And Contra 4 on DS if you have a game store open this late in your time zone/area.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks guys and gals!

Contra III The Alien Wars on Wii/Wii U VC.

Your welcome. :D

Fewr

Developer's blog says "Now for the most important part: Tappingo will be out at the end of Febuary for 2,99 euro / 2,99 dollar! Yes, for only 2,99 you get over a 100 puzzles that will keep you busy for more than 6 hours easily!"
Bought!

zroid

Banned

I missed this! That's a damn good price for what looks like a very solid puzzle game. Day 1, no questions asked.

Top Bottom